xisto Community
Guevara

Do You Know The Meaning Of Your Name?

I'm guessing your full name is actually Nicholas so:Yours was actually pretty easy. Since I do Latin and Greek etymology, I got the "Nike" part at the front. Nike was the goddess of victory. Here's what Behindthename.com had to say:NICHOLASGender: MasculineUsage: English, FrenchPronounced: NI-ko-las (English), nee-ko-LA (French) [key]Extra Info: Popularity, Related Names, Namesakes, Websites, CommentsOptions: Contribute Information, Add to ListFrom the Greek name Νικολαος (Nikolaos) which meant "victory of the people" from Greek νικη (nike) "victory" and λαος (laos) "people". Saint Nicholas was a 4th-century bishop from Anatolia who, according to legend, saved the daughters of a poor man from lives of prostitution. He is also known as Santa Claus (from Dutch Sinterklaas), the bringer of Christmas presents. He is the patron saint of children, sailors and merchants, and Greece and Russia. Nicholas was also the name of two czars of Russia and five popes.Enjoy :D

My name is "Lisa", which is short for the hebrew name "Elizabeth" which means "God's promise". But everyone calls me "wesa" which means aboslutely nothing... either that or Hotaru, which is japanese for "firefly"

lol my friends call me Hotaru too n_nU anyways my name is Daniela which is another form of "Danielle" which means "God it's my Judge" ^^

My name is Justin and it means:1. Just2. Full of JusticeMy middle is michael which means who is like God. Micheal being anopther name for Jesus who is God's Son and therefore, is like God. But I am nothing like God. I strive to be like Him more though, each day.

My name is Justin and it means:

1. Just

2. Full of Justice

My middle is michael which means who is like God.  Micheal being anopther name for Jesus who is God's Son and therefore, is like God.  But I am nothing like God.  I strive to be like Him more though, each day.

164518[/snapback]

Hey wild20!

i knew that some of us will be meeting here ;) after our older host service broke down :D

anyways My name is Mayank and it means Full Moon.

also it means Lotus

My name is Michelle. It's French, and is the female version of Michael meaning "Who is like God?".I was named after the Beatles song "Michelle"...my dad's a huge Beatles fan and he named me...go figure. lolI'm amazed at how many Michaels there are here. I've read through at least 3, but I'm sure there were more than that. It must be a very popular name...well, I already knew it was popular, but it must be more popular than I realised. ;)

Thanks biscuitrat for telling me the meaning of my name. I learned. lol. And I think, but I dunno for sure, but I think I knew that Saint Nicholas was a bishop. And I definantly knew he was "Santa". lol. Thanks again.

Thanks biscuitrat for telling me the meaning of my name. I learned. lol. And I think, but I dunno for sure, but I think I knew that Saint Nicholas was a bishop. And I definantly knew he was "Santa". lol. Thanks again.

164822[/snapback]

Haha, no problem :)

Hey, my full name is Pimpida. My nickname is Tao or Dicy. In my home country, everyone names their child by looking at the meaning.(for full name) And we always talk about the meaning of our names when we are at school, learning our own language. Full names are used in school or in official context etc. So Pimpida = Sunlight.In addition to a full name, people here have nicknames- which are for family and friends and those close to them. So nickname can be anything your parents like or you yourself like when you were baby, even orange, apple, cat, bird, piano, song etc.

Well, my name is Chirag. It is a sanskrit word, and I have studied sanskrit, so I can break it up.It mainly consists of two words - 'Chir' and 'Aag"In sanskrit - chir means everlasting, something which can not be destroyed. 'Aag' literally means fire. So, put together, my name means Everlasting fire, but the actual derived meaning is something like a ray of everlasting, undying hope in the darkest of times, propogating an optimistic outlook. It blends quite well with my personality, I personally like to think i have a positive outlook towards life.

Well, my name is Chirag. It is a sanskrit word, and I have studied sanskrit, so I can break it up.

It mainly consists of two words - 'Chir' and 'Aag"

In sanskrit - chir means everlasting, something which can not be destroyed. 'Aag' literally means fire. So, put together, my name means Everlasting fire, but the actual derived meaning is something like a ray of everlasting, undying hope in the darkest of times, propogating an optimistic outlook. It blends quite well with my personality, I personally like to think i have a positive outlook towards life.

165458[/snapback]

Isn't it also a brand of dal and flour? :)

Well since I am not going to tell you what is my real name, I will just make my own meaning of my username.^^Bluebear. Two word; Blue (colour) and Bear (an animal.)Or my meaning; "Blueberry addicted person". :P