xisto Community
Guevara

Do You Know The Meaning Of Your Name?

hey guys and gals....i know you have your lovely name,but you may not know the meaning of your name,,,,,,,,,,,,,,or you may know the meaning.i hope this will be a good topic to simply talk..please post your name and meaning of your name..............................

My name's Ananda. It means, loyalty, sympathy....In India it haas a spiritual meaning. I thing it's a way of meditating orsomething. But ehh....Don't think my name equals with my personallity :P Nice Topic, Im looking forward to see the other names and there meanings...!

My name's Ananda. It means, loyalty, sympathy....In India it haas a spiritual meaning. I thing it's a way of meditating orsomething. But ehh....Don't think my name equals with my personallity :P Nice Topic, Im looking forward to see the other names and there meanings...!

160848[/snapback]

My name is Joshua and I've looked at its meaning before. I believe it means "Jehovah is salvation" and is another form of "Jesus" which means "God with us"

I'm going to try finding info on it real quick to see if I was right...

According to Webster's it's "Help of Jehovah" and is an alternate spelling of both Jesus and Yehoshua. (where my id comes from B) )

According to this it's "Yahweh is salvation"

https://www.yahoo.com/

According to this it's of Hebrew origin and means "Jehovah saves"

http://www.nickelodeonparents.com/

According to this it's "Jehovah is salvation" B)

http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/1/Joshua

Oh... and I really like my name btw :D Particularly because of the meaning. David is my middle name and according to Webster's means "beloved", I like it also because it too is related to a great warrior who also served God. And finally my last name is Zambrano which I also like since I'm a pitcher and it's a good name for a pitcher B)

My name is "Lisa", which is short for the hebrew name "Elizabeth" which means "God's promise". But everyone calls me "wesa" which means aboslutely nothing... either that or Hotaru, which is japanese for "firefly"

Well my name is Matthew which someone once told me meant "Gift from God" which is a nice meaning :P Lol, it would be funny if someone's name had an insulting meaning :D

It's funny, until I've read this topic, I've never really thought about what my name might mean. To me, it's just something that identifies you talking to me. I find it curious that other people may or may not see it that way themselves.. So, I went to Websters Online Dictionary and searched for my first and middle names to see what came up after it was finished. This is what came up;

First Name: Joshua

"Joshua" is a name that signifies or is derived from: "a savior", "a deliverer", "the four letters", "be", "become".

Middle Name: Robert

"Robert" is a name that signifies or is derived from: "a bright fame".

Very interesting in deed! Especially seeing as I am neither religious or a very social person. Niether of those meanings has any real association with me. Funny that my name may have another meaning, but nothing that really says anything about myself.

Yes of course...I know the meaning of my name. My first name is Michael which means "WHO IS LIKE UNTO GOD"

Now that a very interesting and biblical name with a biblical significance as I am named after the Angel Michael the ArchAngel.

My name is Adam, I have never really thought about what this meant, but for this topic I looked it up :PApparently it means 'humanity' because Adam was the first person on Earth according to Genesis, but can also mean 'harmony with others'.My middle name is David also, and as another poster said it means 'beloved'.

Well, I know the meaning of my nickname is literally "thought" :P As for the meaning of my real name... In Hebrew it means "my judge is the Lord" B)It's Spanish, and it's supposed to be beautiful, and it cursed me to be short for the rest of my life because it ends in "la". B) Ohh, and in Hungarian, my name day is July 21st :D

My first name either means 'little rock' or 'handsome'.Interestingly enough, my middle name roughly means 'son of handsome'. So according to my name I'm the handsome son of a handsome person. Wow, that's weird.

HAHAHA I GOT THE BEST ONEMichaelWho is like God?why do yo uthink i put saint next to it, so bow down to me MORTALS AND FEAR ME MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

mine is a variation on brandy- an alcoholic beverage. My last name has something to do with the walking in a forest. I've never looked up the meaning of my middle name, but it was a name of a lot of preppy girls at my school. So, I've always thought that my whole name translated was "drunk cheerleader in the forest." Something to be proud of. LOL

My name is Ranjani which means "Bringer of Happiness" or "Entertainer" in Tamil or Sanskrit, an Indian language.