xisto Community
shigajet

Contact Lenses Or Glasses? Which do you prefer?

I wear eyeglasses because with them, I only look 10 years younger than I am. Without them I look 20 years younger.I have a hard time when anything gets in my eye so I have never tried contacts. LOL, no one would recognize me since I am never without my glasses.I know someone who has laser surgery and a couple of years later she had to get eyeglasses. She doesn't wear them all the time, but she does need them and she said they warned her that might happen. She was nearsighted and the glasses are for nearsightedness.On the other hand, given the $400 + I have to pay for eyeglasses every year, it might be worth it just to spend less.

contacts because first, glasses make you took like a nerd and second glasses are just annoying. Once you put the contacts on, you can just forget about them for a couple of hours. You also can't play contact sports with glasses, since the glasses will most likely fall off. But glasses are good for backuping contacts. Once your eyes with contacts starts to bother you, you can take off the contacts and put the glasses on.

I used to wear glasses, then i moved onto contact lenses.. It was really a pain to put in my eye and out of my eye alot, i did prefer glasses. Now im fine, and dont need either. Although glasses make you look annoying, cant run/do physical activities alot, theyre much less eye watering then contacts.. But yes, do have both ready, use contacts until your eyes feel sore, then use glasses the rest of the day..

i use both. i use the daily disposable contact lenses when im playing sports or going out with my friends. i wear glasses when im in university or work. The glasses are much comfortable for my eyes but they steam up alot in hot weather etc. contact lenses are aggravating to my eyes if i wear them for more than 8 hours. i have quite dry eyes and im more likely to get eye infections than other people. I was thinking of laser eye surgery. Ive heard some wonderful stories from my friends who had it done. But i'm really not sure about the long term side effects. its relatively a new procedure and no one has studied about its long term effects. i think ill stick to glasses and contact lenses for now.. maybe ill consider laser eye surgery when i have more money.

i'm currently wearing glasses but i also have a pair of contact lenses in my room. i only wear contact lenses when i have something important to do or somewhere that i need to go to. i guess you could call me someone who is conscious on how i look. actually now that i've said it, i can remember telling my parents that i wanted contact lenses because i was somehow conscious on how people look at me. i've been wearing glasses since my first year in high school and i've broken a few glasses along the way. i guess i was just tired of wearing them, and i sometimes i really don't like how the glasses sit on my nose. there are times that it's more of distracting than helpful.when i use contact lenses, i just make sure i wear it before i take a bath whenever i am going to school. i guess i'm quite messy when it comes to wearing it. i'm getting a hang of it now but since it's vacation, i'm not wearing it yet. i'm thinking of buying monthly contact lenses because my friend told me it's more practical and you're sure you're putting on a clean pair every month, compared to those of extended wear. i'm also thinking of buying colored ones (i guess it's part of the narcissism... hehe just kidding). but my parents don't want to buy me new ones because they are against me wearing contact lenses in the first place (i bought the pair using my own money). the only problem that i have with wearing contact lenses is that i can't wear them on the day that i have to stay awake 24 hours (due to projects and assignments in school), because it sometimes makes my eyes really tired. i can't make my eyes tired especially if i have to do something.of course there are pros and cons of wearing contact lenses and glasses. if you're tired of wearing glasses and somehow conscious of how you look, i guess you could buy a pair of contact lenses. try a monthly disposable first, so you could experience the feeling of wearing them. it could take some time and effort since you have to clean it everyday after you use it, but there's a feeling of contentment if wearing them is really what you want. but if you're not that kind of person (can't be patient enough to clean the lenses), i guess contact lenses are not for you. now if you have the money, you could just eliminate the root of the problem and have your eyes repaired by laser.

I'd love color contact lenses, "blue eyes on asians are hot." So yeah, but I never tried contact lens before I wish I could, I wish my parents would get me contacts. Rawr, but I heard contact lens screw up your eyes, is that true? I have near sight, too much close up television and computer, dude.. So I have glasses, BUT i dont wear the glasses out of the house, makes me look super retarded .. I only use my glasses when I'm watching tv or in a far distance from my computer... AT HOME! <_<

Glasses. For reading or close-in work only. My eyes are actually fine, just my arms are too short. And I am too old, so the need for glasses. As for contacts, if I stuff anything in my eyes, I would want it to be a pretty woman...

I've been wearing glasses for about 5 years. I would either like the surgery or contact lenses to use sometimes because of sports. Glasses can be a real pain when playing sports, especially contact sports.

I prefer contact lenses because me and glasses are not a thing. Color contacts are hotter than glasses 1000x. I want some green eyes, asians with green or blue eyes will be hot haha :) But sometimes I prefer glasses over contact lenses, I heard my brother say they ruin your eyes? Hmm never tried on contact lens, I have glasses that I NEVER wore out of my house, I only use it when I'm far away from the TV.. ;)Btw, plantacja how did it feel when you were having surgery on your eyes? Did it hurt or tickle? One day when I have enough money for that I will get Laser Surgery on my eyes. :( But I'm such a scaredycat, is there an age limit for Laser Surgery?

Edited by AnGeL KiSS (see edit history)

I wear glasses, but I'd like to get contacts. Contacts are good if you're playing a sport because glasses get in the way. The only problem I have with contacts is that 1) they're more expensive, 2) more and more people are having problems with cleaning solutions because they're hurting peoples' eyes. Some people are getting eye fungus =S But I'd like to get contacts because I have to keep pushing up my glasses, and they hurt my nose xPAs for laser eye surgery.. I'm scared that the docters will mess up and I'll go blind. But I think it would be pretty cool if it's done correctly... I've always wanted 20/20 vison (who wouldn't?!)

Edited by pixieloo (see edit history)

Really most of the time I never wear neither of them. I wore glasses from when I was very little to about the beginning of 6th grade. Before the I went into 6th grade I got contacts and pretty much never wore glasses again, I used my contacts a whole lot after I first got them but after a while I would get lazy and just decide not to put them in. Every once in a while I actually had to put my contacts in though, before highschool I would normally wear them for about a third of the year mainly because it was baseball season. After I got into highschool baseball season was all year round mostly & I just decided to wear them every day. After a while I only put them in on days of games which wasnt too often. When I turned 16 and started driving I starting wearing my contacts again every day, after a month or so I got comfortable enough with driving I just decided to stop wearing them again. Now im back to only wearing them for baseball games & some occasional practices.I dont know why I just told you that whole story... but the moral is... If you get contacts, dont be lazy because it will just be a waste of money lol

I used to wear glasses, but they didn't help my vision much. I guess it was because I'm used to the way my eyes are and when I wore glasses I was more likely to trip over or bump into things. I just stopped wearing them because even if they did make things a little bit clearer it wasn't worth it. My sister tried contact lenses and didn't like them, so I didn't try them.