xisto Community
shigajet

Contact Lenses Or Glasses? Which do you prefer?

I remember once upon a time I had glasses and hated them, so I got contacts. I've been wearing contacts ever since, but I've never enjoyed the experience (hard contacts that I wear to bed every night and take off during the day). I suppose the main problem is that putting on the contacts is just an extra (and very annoying as well) task to do, while putting on glasses doesn't really take much effort. Despite the advertised perfect fit, I still find the contacts to be irritating while in my eye. I can't get the fact out of my mind that there's an object in my eye and it shouldn't be there. Having contacts in my eyes somehow severely limits my motion for fear of getting poked in the eye. (Which, I suppose is one of the main reasons I switched to night time contacts--so that I'd have more mobility during the day)And the eye doctor recently told me something that freaked me out: She said that since my contact lenses were getting older, they were getting brittler and thus had a higher chance of breaking at any time of the day. Frankly, I wouldn't want to deal with the pain of a bunch of shattered glass shards lingering in my eye after it broke, and to get a new pair of lenses, I have to restart the treatment, which would cost my parents another thousand or so bucks. Not the least bit worth it.Besides, contact lenses are not only expensive for the initial treatment, all fluids that you have to purchase thereafter are equally costly.

glassez are better. Contacts can dmage your eyess especially fi you are young. glasses aret tat bad, they make you look nerdy, okay i'll give you that, but contacts cost more, they irritate your eyes, and are a complete pain. So glasses all the way, even iuf i look like a nerd or geek they are eaier o use!

not really, i wear glasses, but they dont really make me look nerdy, so it doesnt apply to everyone, if ur walking around with a pokemon backpack and a gameboy with glasses on, lol, something like that would probably make you look like a nerd, so its not really the glasses's fault

i wear contacts, and i perfer them, simply because people dont know you have them, they dont get scratched, and they dont get in the way. the only problems with contacts is that you have to take them out and some time they can irritate your eyes

I wear Glasses, but I don't wear them much anymore. They are meant to be for reading, but I don't really need them now. I don't have contacts - just glasses. My preference would probably depend on how bad the eye problem was - how often you would have to be wearing the glasses or contacts. Overall I would prefer a combination, as there are sometimes when glasses are so much easier, and sometimes when you don't want to wear glasses and want to wear contact lenses.There are of course like all things in life benefits and disadvantages to both. Glasses are bulky and you might lose them, they are more expensive in the short run, especially if you lose them. They are quick to use and put on when they are needed.Contacts are great if you need to have glasses or contacts in most of the time, if you want to go to an interview or to a party, and not wear glasses. They are also dangerous if they aren't used properly, if you get dirt on your contact and put it in your eye for example.Just my 2 cents :unsure:

for me, i where my glasses all the time, except for at night, i wear them everyday, the only big problem with them is that sometimes my eyes hurt when wearing them(this doesn't happen often, but it is a pain in the *bottom*) i hear some of you people talking about annoying, bulky glasses, for me, glasses havn't worked that way, they are not bulky, the frame is thin, and i waer them so much, to the point that i forget that im waering them, sometimes if my eyes itch, i accidently bump into the glasses cuzz i forgot they where on, lol, i think overall, glasses are less expensive than contact lenses in the long run, and i have heard from too many people that contacts are veary eye damaging, even both my real mom(dont live with anymore :unsure: ...), and step mom have used contacts before, and they both said they where damaging.

Edited by narutorasengan17 (see edit history)

Well having bad eyesight on the first is a very bad experience weather it be contacts or glasses there are some things you just cant do. I prefer glasses over contacts as glasses are easy even though they can be a big pain in the butt.

I guess the other factor is that wearing glasses is more economical for many people. As much as I like wearing contact lenses, I have to pay roughly $200 a year to get a year's worth of 2-week disposable type soft lenses. Perhap I may have to switch back at some point in the near future....or maybe just do LASIK and not have to rely on either means of correcting my vision.

Hmm... sports and glasses BAD mix, but as i used to play cricket and soccer since a long time i am use to not wearing glasses and about contacts well they are worse than glasses, pls take my advice as Contacts was totally made for looks and NOT FEEL as they say! :unsure: but glasses well i have had 2 glasses and i still haven't broken one even though it bends drops, skrew falls off glass scratches a bit WHATEVER I WOULD prefer glasses, even if looks get ruined, hehe :(

None of them actually !!!!!I have short sight but i don't wear glasses or contact lens. I am hoping that i could get away from this by taking a laser treatment, sometime in the future.But if i had to choose between contact lens and glasses , i would opt for contact lens. we could change the color of our eyes, and hopefully, it would be easy to use too. But on the other hand , contact lens requires some maintenance .. So, lazy people might not favor it muchWearing glasses gives people a bookworm kinda image.. Not in all the cases, but especially students. So, glasses dont attract me much ..

I wear glasses, but I'd like to get contacts. Contacts are good if you're playing a sport because glasses get in the way. The only problem I have with contacts is that 1) they're more expensive, 2) more and more people are having problems with cleaning solutions because they're hurting peoples' eyes. Some people are getting eye fungus =S But I'd like to get contacts because I have to keep pushing up my glasses, and they hurt my nose xP

I'd prefer glasses. I have this fear of contact lenses for some reason. But contact lenses are necessary when playing a sport, like someone said before, glasses do get in the way. But then glasses makes it feel like theres always something on your face, it bugs people sometimes. I know it bugs me. But I guess I'd still prefer glasses to contact lenses.

I wear contact lenses right now but use to wear glasses. You can have fun and get a different color with contact lenses (I wanted red ones but parents wouldn't let me). Other than that, I still miss the simplicity of taking off the glasses because I can't see very well up close with contacts on. (Farsighted).

I prefer glasses. Like you said, they are easier to put on and last longer, also one of my friends tried contacts and said he didnt like them at all. The only reason I would really think about contacts is for sports. I hope this helps at least a little.

For me better are contact lenses. It's true that it is hard to put them but if you want to looks great I prefer contact lenses. I know that glasses are too cute (some of them) and some people are happy with wearing it but they can fell and broke. And It is not cheap to buy new glasses.