xisto Community
shigajet

Contact Lenses Or Glasses? Which do you prefer?

I currently have both and I switch in between them daily. I've had contacts for about four months and they've helped me see better in school, because I would avoid wearing glasses because of the stereo type "nerd" Yeah, I only wore glasses at school when no one looked, and I still do that now. Now that I have contacts, I can overcome my fear or being a "nerd" or a guy-with-glasses dude. My vision's about 200 degrees so I wear it all day. I love contacts and all because their hassle free and it doesn't fall off very easily, but it does has it's disadvantages such as:Irritation of eyes when placed in incorrectlyIrritation of eyes being dry after long use, or after a nap.Things getting into my eye easilyTaking extra time to put it on in the morning, and taking it off.Although its has its disadvantages, I like contacts more because of its easiness, when actually done right.

i myself is a glasses user (i have never use contacts be4!)even so, i am not planning to try contacts any time soon cos of the inconviences my friends experienced when they use contacts. They have problems like contacts slipping off, resulting in loss of one contact len, eyes getting dry up, infection due to dirty lens. I have even heard of cases of lens cleaning solution having problem ( I forgot what happened actually but I got 2 cases of manufacturer recalling all their lens cleaning solution becos of some reason.) Sorry I din really read into these articles to tell you whats wrong with the solutions since I have already 'decided' not to use contacts, ever!

I wear glasses. Haven't even tried contacts. I don't really have to wear glasses that much, though, 'cause my eyes aren't that bad. Contact lenses are Okay, but, if you're worried about what you look like, it usually doesn't matter. All the people I know say I look just as good with glasses as without. However, If I have absolute coke-bottle lenses on my glasses, I'd get contacts, because that begins to look really rediculous.As for LASIK, well, I'm an avid astronomer, and I've heard that LASIK can sometimes ruin your night vision, so that's pretty much out of the picture.

I wear glasses, but recently I came to know that contact lenses are good to keep the power constant. As lenses are attached to the eyes so the vision is improved. With glasses the problem is there is an air gap and many times the rays from all sides of the glasses are not focussed with same focal length.But again there is a drawback with lenses, one has to blink his/her eyes a lot than normal.

Yeah, some people prefer a combination, because while contact lenses may look better on most people, glasses are less irritating in certain situations. But if I had to choose one, I'd go with lenses. That's mainly because I look horrible with glasses, but also because I've always had this fear of getting punched in the face while wearing glasses. Having glass so close to your eye could do some serious damage...

you know girls need to look goog in parties lol

apurva I think you are right, recently I have made a friend and she used to blink a lot. After some days when I asked her about this, she told me that she wore lenses. To look good you need lenses but people blinks a lot while they are using lenses, which gives an odd look, isn't it.

apurva I think you are right, recently I have made a friend and she used to blink a lot. After some days when I asked her about this, she told me that she wore lenses. To look good you need lenses but people blinks a lot while they are using lenses, which gives an odd look, isn't it.

then her lense might not be suiting her.
my first lense didnt suit me so was having problem in my eyes resulting it frequent blinking of eyes.
my docter said to go for other company of lenses,now its ok
you also suggest her for it.else it might harm her eyes

Well, i would rather have contacts than have glasses mostly because glasses would make you look different than using contacts. Sure contacts are more work and a lot harder to put on than glasses, lol, but at least you wont look different. I once had a friend that found out he needed glasses then after he got them he looked a lot different. So i would rather have contacts over glasses anyday.

I wear glasses. Have worn them three years now. Actually I didn't wear them much the first year and so I got worse eye sight. I have been thinking of getting lenses, but I have heard there are some issues with them.

I'm doing a Marketing research here in Colombia about the preference between lenses or glasses. It's for the University ... I'm studying Marketing and International Business and I found this topic quite interesting and if you don't mind I'll take some of your opinions to the final work... by the way I prefer contact lenses

HEy,Nice topic. The question is quite tricky for I use both glasses and contacts......I used to wear glasses but they were framed so made me look dorky, then I bought myself a pair of lens and they were great but It was a problem sitting on a bike as a lot of dust went in tehm and they would make my eyes all red.I was using my lens till I got my job which requires me to be in front of the computer for more than 8 hours-10 hours so wearing my lens is a pain for they strain my eyes if I sit for too long.The thing is I prefer glasses while working and at home but lenses when on a date or an occasion like movies or parties.So I bought myself another pair of glasses which would make me less dorky and they were frameless. Now the fun begins.....Iam not exactly the conventional sweet and dainty girl, Iam a total tom boy, So because of my tom boyishness my glasses had to suffer. I have stepped on them, My friend slept on them, I dropped them, I lost them.... So my reseller knows what Iam there for every time I turn up at his doorstep.So my advice to you If you have a lot of money then invest in frameless or else stick to the framed ones which can be stepped on and still surviveCheers, :lol:

Well, I have these glasses which are virtually armor plated - well, that is, you can drop em, you can step on em, and they still survive. They'd make me look dorky, but as I do the martial arts and lift plenty of weight, I guess they don't - well, at least people don't make an issue of them. They're very convenient.I do have lenses, but I wear them rarely - I generally rely on the glasses when I'm going to be using my eyes for long periods.

i use glasses, i prefer not to use contacts lenses because i can hardly even get an eyedrop in my eyes, imagine having to get a lense in there... i like my glasses, but for some reason, i feel like i need stronger ones, but my eye doctor says that i dont.