xisto Community
shigajet

Contact Lenses Or Glasses? Which do you prefer?

i look dumb n glasses but if i wear contacts i only need one. because i don't even look out of one of my eyes. it would be pointless to put two in. so i think i would have to go with glasses.

I used to prefer contact lenses all the time, they are much more comfortable than glasses, and you can see better with them, the only dangers of them might me infections or bacteria but I have never had an issue with them. Right now I have a job in which I am working in the night shift and its 12 hours a day (but only 3 days in one week and 4 in the following week) so using contact lenses is sort of bad because the eye dries up if you are not putting eyedrops on them. So at my job I am wearing glasses and at any other time, I totally prefer contact lenses. Another time when I wear glasses is when I just wake up and I am to lazy to put the contacts on my eyes. Another disadvantage for wearing glasses would be when I play sports, I would rather play seeing blurry than use glasses, thats another reason why I prefer contacts over glasses.

I use glasses because they're easier to put on and more convienient for me. I have no need for contact lenses since I'm never in situations where I sweat and look down. I don't really need to wear them when looking close up, though. The only thing that I think contacts have the up on that glasses lack is the fact that the lenses get scratched or a screw might pop out. Heck, with how much I wear them I barely notice them except for the top fringe if I need to look up. Plus, the glasses give a more intellectual feel to me than contact lenses.

Edited by Tetraca (see edit history)

I use glasses. I don't have the time to be constantly worrying about putting lenses on and off, letting em rest in liquid, wash them, getting new ones, etc. And sticking something in the eye doesn't look very attractive to me. And then if you lose one it's terrible to find it. Nah, I prefer glasses. In fact I have always thought contact lenses are a bit posh. People generally use it just because think glasses make you look older or uglier. I hate perfect people, it's like a lot of people that don't use glasses because don't want others to know that have a problem with sight and then you meet them on the street and don't even recognise you. It's so stupid. In fact I use black framed glasses, and if someone thinks that this means that I'm more clever or nerdy, it's their problem. :) I like them in fact. I think that the only case in which contact lenses are needed is when you practise a sport regularly and as I'm not a great sportsman I don't need them. The only situation that I don't like wearing them are the beach (or in summer when it's too hot, but not in the water :XD: ) , but that's not many days in a year, so it's no use to make ones just for this.I'm thinking right now in laser to fix my eyes but it's not to get rid of glasses, but to feel that I can see good enough without the help of any object.

I would say to choose what u feel most comfortable in. Some people feel they look better in glasses and vice-versa. I wear glasses as i feel I look better in them, and most people I know are just really use to see me wearing glasses.

Well this is a sort of tough question because well glasses are annoying to push up your nose every time and maybe get crushed because of misplacement mostly. Then there is a contacts contacts are ok but if you sleep with them and you might lose them and that sucks if you are very forgetful and it is small so you can lose them more easily but I would have to go with glasses because it is much easier to locate plus it wont get lose in your eyes :XD: but yeah it is much better I say. I dunno which is cheaper but if glasses are more expensive then i say it is worth it. You might get mad about the different look tough. As you wear the glasses people might get used to seeing you that way and then when you take them off and change to contacts they might think you look weird so just don't change it :)

Well, I have Hipermetropia (the contrary of yours), and I have always used glasses, some people exclaims "Oh, glasses make me look bad", but what you preffer, "looking bad" (baaah, it isn't that bad, you could buy yourself a nice glass in titanium, or something) or taking the risk of damaging your eyes with some kind of bad contact lensses, they evend tend more to eye infections.If you care about your eyes: glasses.If you don't want to have glasses on: contact lenses.

Before I had my treatment with Dr. Wiles at Lasik-1, I had trouble seeing clearly even with my glasses on. Now I can see my alarm clock without holding it in front of my face and I can see road signs without squinting. I dont hate driving at night anymore. My life is so much better now; I only wish I had gone to Lasik-1 sooner! Thank you for helping me see what Ive been missing!"

I've been using glasses for about 1 year now and I dont really mind it at all it helps my vision and does not look all that bad. Never had contacts and the thought of sticking something on my eye just dosent go well with me. mariecon555 can you tell us abit more about that eye correction you had done? I'm thinking about it and would like to know any possible side effects it could have.thanks

A lot of people don't even know I wear contact lenses.I started wearing glasses way back in the days of elementary school. I hated them. They made me look dorky and nerdy but I was very much blind without them.In sophomore year of high school I made my advent with contact lenses. It was a step, especially with getting used to the routine of putting them in and taking them out, not to mention the eye-painful and frustrating hassles that you have with contact lenses from time to time. I still wear them to this day, prefering them to wearing glasses.I don't like glasses now not because of the dorky look (because people can actually look cuter, smarter, more chic, etc. with the right frames), but because of the fact that they fog up, and if you're stuck with a pair that doesn't fit you (military-issued "civilian" pair), they like to slide down your nose, you can break them, you can lose them, you can scratch them... the problems can be quite astounding and a bear to deal with. But then again, with contacts you HAVE to have saline solution, take them out and put them in often, and of course, buy lenses, which can add up to quite a bit in comparison to what you can get out of a pair of glasses... assuming your prescription doesn't change and you don't lose or break them.I think it's still a great thing to actually have both on hand, considering that I would like to be able to swap to glasses when I'm at home and not out and about trying to impress people with my mad-good looks. :) I've formed a bad habit of sleeping with my contacts in and it's not a good thing to be doing, but I still do it. Stupid, but when I go blind because of it, I have no one to blame but myself and my laziness.A lot of people that I know find it very iffy to even be touching the eye when putting in a contact lens, but I can actually do it naturally now. Just as long as I have saline solution (and sometimes not even), I can pop in my contacts anywhere at any time. But glasses win as far as simply slipping the pair on without much hassle.Hopefully in the future, I will have a good opportunity for LASIK just so I won't ever have to deal with it again.Edit: As far as LASIK goes, my dad had it done and he says that your eyes will feel wicked dry and even gritty at times. The surgery is done in stages and not all in one shot. The dry and gritty feeling is ameliorated by drops that your optometrist will provide you, which you will probably need to use for months up to a year after surgery is complete. The typical cost for laser eye surgery is $2000-$2500 (for both eyes, I believe), but if you're in the military, see about getting it for free by asking the optometry branch about what your options may be. (Combat arms branches always have priority, of course.)

Edited by rayzoredge (see edit history)

I wear glasses. And even, at first, I really hated them, they've become part of me. I now think I look weird without glasses. o.oAlthough, if someone offered me Contact Lenses for free, I'd take them. I wouldn't mind ditching my glasses for contact lenses every now and again, mainly because people seem to see me as a Computer Nerd, or a Geek. ;-;