xisto Community
alexia

Which Email Provider Do You Use?

I frequently use both Gmail and Yahoo mail. I switched to these from Lycos Mail (only 5 MB and tons of popup ads). I really love Gmail, but I can't access it from my workplace...hence I use my Yahoo account for when I'm at work. Of course, if I to choose which one I'd use as my regular e-mail address, I'd go with Gmail only. The reasons...great interface, very fast and lots of space - in fact, more space than I'd know what to do with.

I use GMail (x2), Hotmail, Mail.com, ISP, School (@thegrid.org.uk) and numerous POP3 accounts on various websites.

The POP3 accounts are by far the best as they are so customizeable and the range of addresses available means I don't have to add numbers after my chosen sign in name.

GMail comes second, purely for the fact that the space is increasing daily and the availability of the GMail shell extension. I have two accounts, one for emails and one for file storage. GMail is my main email provider due to the speed (much faster than Hotmail) and there are less adverts.

I would NOT advise anyone to use a mail.com account as they are slow, full of adverts, randomly close your account without warning (happened to me and some of my friends) and give you no space at all.

Also, does anyone know if it is possible to use a GMail account with any messenger software, as this would make my life far easier? Thanks!

@john_meikle: that's why i always have 2 account. 1st one is for personal ones like family member, cousins, persons that will REALLY be trusted. and 2nd one, is for you know... naked woman site?! i recommend using http://www.gishpuppy.com/ and https://sneakemail.com/

but try GishPuppy first because it's cool...

Oh yeah, I wanna sign up for GMX, but I don't know how to read german, so, can somebody help me... :rolleyes:

I have GMAIL, YAHOO, HOTMAIL and REDIFF. I like YAHOO most.GMAILS is good. Rediff mail gives 1 GB storage, so its also good. Hotmail is slow especially if you are using dial up connection. i never heared about GMX, went to GMX website for registration but i dont know which language is this? I could not find english version of website.

I personally use hotmail..i think it's a good provider..well I've used yahoo..but hotmail is better for me. although it is a bit slow, and i have high speed internet! I probably used too much memory. opps. I never heard the other providers like GMAIL and GMX..is it really good? :P If it is please reply!Melancholy

I got a Hotmail account that is used for MSN messenger or Gaim. The Hotmail account is not just any account. In fact it is probably one quite a lot of other people would want, but it is mine. I have also had random people from the web adding me to their list. I get Spam to it every day.I use a Yahoo.co.uk email address for my emails that I have also set Mozilla Thunderbird ;) to use. Mozilla Thunderbird is much more secure and better than Outlook Express. Mozilla Thunderbird is not just ready to fully compete against Outlook though.

Well for me, I use: yahoo, gmail and hotmail. But I don't really use hotmail as often as I do with Yahoo and Gmail because, for some reason I find the hotmail user interface is as "user friendly", for ME that is, I also don't really like using hotmail because of a very bad experience with it, once I was typong a message and I forgot to attach a file so I clicked away to attach it then when I came back to my message, it was all wiped out. Leaving me with an empty space to fill in again. I'm not sure if that happens now, but it did to me and I becasme so frustrated that I just didn't even bother with that email. Anyway, I prefer the easy looking interfaces like yahoo, eventhough they have a lot of ads. I also like the space that they give... I thnk it was 2GB or something. Lots of storage space. I used this account for quite a while until I was invited to use gmail and then I began seeing myslef use gmail more and more frequently. I used to visit my yahoo mailbox, like once a day but now I hardly visit it once a week. Because I use gmail more. It's true gmail does have pretty much what yahoo does, it still has ads but, not that type of ads that take a long time to load but those text ads and they also relate to your mails too. :P Also, gmail is quicker, less ads, your emails are like conversations and also instead of the XXXX@yahoo.com.(jp/ca/au), you can just have XXXX@gmail.com. I find it kinda cool...Oh yes, I currently like using gmail more than any other email services. ;)

Well, I use hotmail for most of my stuff, but I do have a gmail account though no one will email it, its "easier" to mail your hotmail account, they said. Mostly because I use it for MSN.

yahoo and hotmailfree and simple...been using em forever and had no problem with em so...ill leave it at that

Well i have multiple emails :School adress @eq.edu.auHotmail : liaung@hotmail.com. All the spam harvesters already have it, so I don't even bother obfuscating it anymore. I use this one for forums, public display....Gmail. Oh yeah, baby : you can use thunderbird with it, unlike hotmail, which only lets you do outlook.ISP email. bleh, who uses those?Xisto, as of yesterday.The neat thing is that i have my own first name at both gmail and hotmail. How awesome is that? (it DOES pay to have a wierd chinese name sometimes)

Gmail,yahoo,eyou...usually gmail offer me a large space and i can use it as a mobile harddisk.yahoo provide many good function except the boring ads.eyou like above what's better is the voice mail than others very covenient.

Well, You should've attached a poll to that topic. We all use one of the major mail provider: Yahoo, hotmail, gmail OR ISP provided mail account.For me it is not so simple to answer because all of them are special in certain ways.Anyways, I like Gmail most, because it is Huge, Fast, POP3 enabled, large attachment support, can be used as a file system etc.In not so popular services I like Vfemail.net. It is reliable, All email are checked for viruses before you get them, POP3 support, And most important It is Free.