xisto Community
alexia

Which Email Provider Do You Use?

I got a gmail account and 2 hotmail accounts (i am very ashamed of these) lol gmail is by far the best

i use gmail, it was really good at the start but it was kinda hard getting invites, but now that it is gonna become non-invitational and any1 can join, its gonna be easier to join.gmail is my fav, btw what is GMX?

I use gmail, mainly because of the POP access. Other email providers may have it now, but they didn't before I switched to gmail, and now I'm hooked. The only thing I don't like is that you cannot make separate folders for emails (though, I can in Outlook, which is all I use anyways). Apparently their tagging method is better than using folders, but I've yet to see why. MystiK1337, if you would like an invite, email me at cerberi@gmail.com. I have 100 unused invites that will never be put to use.

.....GMX, Hotmail, Gmail or another?

I use GMX and Gmail and I'm very satisfied with them.... :huh:

145014[/snapback]

i use gmail i love how its all organized and the 2.5 gbs growing lol... very nice over all much better than yahoo cause you can use pop and stuff like that and forwarding

I use Gmail and Yahoo.

I have two Gmail accounts one spam one professional looking, and the yahoo account that I have had for a long time that some how over the years never managed to get spammed.

I really like the new autosave feature in gmail, I can't count how many times I wrote a long email and started doing something else before I sent it then accidentally closed the browser.

Hmmm.... I have hotmail, and gmail. Gmail is by far the best... I really love it, and I'm thinking there isn't going to be any way to fill it. I have hundreds of emails in there and I'm using 1% of my space lol...As for the not being able to have folders, that drove me nuts at first, but now I just label all my conversations and then archive them when I'm finished. I have different labels for different people and different things, and I think I must have about ten different labels to choose from at the moment. Then, if I want to find something in the future, I just click on the label name, and everything comes up like it was all in a labelled folder. I like it, but it took some time to get used to it.And yes, that auto-save is my best friend. I don't even want to remember the amount of times that I lost emails for stupid reasons and had to type them out two, or sometimes more times for whatever reason. It was actually getting to the point that I'd copy the whole thing myself, so if something happened, I'd have something to fall back on. At least I don't have to do that now...Hmmm.... you managed to get a spam-free yahoo account? I used to have one with them, but it got way too spammed, that I'd be deleting hundreds of emails everyday, so I just gave up on that one, and that's when I got my hotmail one... which isn't really spammed, but not as fun as the Gmail one I have now too.

I am running my own mail server (dedicated) works great...

I use Gmail, Hotmail (a .co.uk Addy :) ), I Have a Yahoo Email but thats full of spam, because someone signed me up for a.... naked woman site ;);) never even read they emails, GMX ive never heard of :(

145197[/snapback]

The reason you might not have heard of it might be, because it is a German email provider so in order to register you have to have a minimum of some german - and you will also need a "German" address.

If GMX is POP3 & SMTP Enabled, i'll give it a shot :) How much does it offer in space ?

B)

145197[/snapback]

The advantage of GMX is that is has 1GB storage, good image sharing facilities. IMAP can be bought, it has POP3 and SMTP as a standard.

They have a very good security record as well as a very good SPAM filter. So I can recommend it.

To answer the overall question.

I have upwards of 9 email addresses....

one personal my family website, a private one, and two addresses for junk registrations, that no "real" person uses. One for my university, one for my blog and my three hosted websites, have plenty of email addresses,

i also used to have a hotmail account, but hardly used it, gmail I have, yahoo I need, but don;t use....

actually i am using five mail systems, gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etb(my internet service provider mail account) and my college mail account. the most used is gmail, be4cause it is big and i don't have to delete mails everytime and checking the accounting space, and also it has great features for begginers and experinced people. the second i most use is hotmail, because everybody has a hotmail account, and i like the messenger. the third would be my college mail account because where i'm studying is the best college in my country and when i put it in my curriculum it ads value to my profile, ensuring a callback for work. the fourth is yahoo, i think may be is the best, it has big space, it is a great community, it has a lot of features such as online radio, chatrooms, audio conversations, and a lot of ways to talk with your friends, but actually i am using too many mail accounts so i almost never use this except when the other mail accounts don't work, or whe i am suscribed to a mailng list of some group in my college. and finally the etb mail account, my internet service provider, i have never used it, but it is there, maybe someday i will use it, i don't hope so, but there is!

I use a great variety of different email providers. My main email provider has got to be gmail, as I use this when i register on different websites and this is my email address I use when I log onto msn messenger.However, I also use my isp mail, yahoo mail and my own domain email address, thanks to Xisto for allowing it.It's great to have a variety, because you can keep more organized. For example, you can store all registration emails on one account, all friends knowing another account, ie: isp, junk on another and website users on another.I use all these accounts and love having the ability to be able to use them :)

i have used many e mail providers through out my cyber life such as yahoo, hotmail, netscape, gmail, etc. I found that gmail is the best. I never had to delete any of the messages. The spam filter is great too, when i started using gmail, i didn' get a single SPAM mail for the first 3-4 months of using it. But since now gmail is quite popular, i guess it is harder for them to keep blocking spammers. Also, google have put some thoughts into their product, like the new feature that everyone knows, the auto save is a time saver. All the other mail providers, you have to save the drafts manully which is irratating for first timers.