xisto Community
alexia

Which Email Provider Do You Use?

I use a whole bunch. There a lot of good ones out there, but some really take the cake. My favorite's:Gmail30Gigs which provides an amazing 30GB of space! (I just got it, it's awesome).I also actively use:YahooMyspace emailYahoo has too many ads, but Myspace is to complicated to get at, signing in and all. And you can't just use it, it is only for friends. 30Gigs is awesome, but it doesn't load independantly like gmail which makes it slower as you wait for the whole page. One of the people I know got Microsoft's new email to compete with gmail. It also loads within a page like gmail making it very fast. but it also has more features than gmail too. And I have to admit, if it weren't so much hassle getting the hotmail, and than requesting the other, it would be cool and I would get it. Sorry my post on this is so long :P

.....GMX, Hotmail, Gmail or another?

I use GMX and Gmail and I'm very satisfied with them.... ;)

145014[/snapback]

i tried to register with gmail but my account hasnt benn activated yet it been nerly 5 months

but i stil use msn messenger and treyre good enough for me untill me adsence account get activated if ever

currently i use a lot of e-mail providers all for different reasons i have juno, because family e-mails me on that one then i have hotmail, my friends know this one, aol, family and friends know this one, yahoo for stupid reasons actually i have 3 yahoo, 2 juno, 1 hotmail, one aol, and another used for a chat network. its insane to know how many i have and that i actually use them huh...kinda crazy. anywayz got to go!!Jesse

I use Gmail and it is absolutely the best e-mail service that I have ever used. It has good space, little downtime, and few ads. The only downfall is the invite system but once you are in its the best you can get.

I think if you have used and experienced all of them that gmail easily beats the rest. Gmail use to be a secret to the public with the invites, but now you can get an invite from almost anywhere. Gmail has the most space and continues to rise as you can see on their main page. Plus has a 10mb attachment allowance. This is what i like most about gmail.1. Alot of space that will never be used up2. 10mb attachments for those big work projects3. virus scanner, as good as the rest4. pop which means that i use it through outlook5. good spam filter6. Many compose features to make life a little easier7. Plus they add on more space and features around the clock.If anyone needs a gmail invite because they want to try out gmail send me pm and i can give one out to anyone who needs it. It is worth trying out.

I use yahoo. I don't really think it matters where you get your mail unless you get too much mail. I get about 1 thing every other day. Sometimes less. Most of the emails I get are for Xisto anyways. I hate aol though.

Currently i use Yahoo! for my spam and random email for internet sites because i could care less about that account. I use Gmail for my good internet site account since i love thier interface and all their updates and such. Then i use aol for my actual account that i read since i have used it for forever and it would be a pain to change. Finally, i use my school account for emails regrading school (obviously) and any jobs and such that come from that. Plus, it is the one i check the most. I think that the more email accounts you have and the more you specialize in what each one does the better since their is soooo much spam if you dont just use an account for perosnal email and such.

I myself used to use Hotmail, but now I merely use my MSN address for logging on to MSN Messenger; in addition, I've tried Yahoo! and Excite, both of which are only moderately helpful in emailing.Now, I use Gmail, which is really helpful. And I also love the amount of storage that you get with your account. My friend initially invited me to Gmail, and since then I've had the same account.There's a whole bunch of other services/providers that I've used, among which are inbox.com, worldemail, email.com, mail.com, and others.Best,Xuan.

.....GMX, Hotmail, Gmail or another?

I use GMX and Gmail and I'm very satisfied with them.... ;)

145014[/snapback]

I only use gmail and yahoo. Both of them provide at least 1Gb volume to store mail. The hotmail is too small for me, so I don't use it after I get a yahoo mail account.

Hm, where I live, Yahoo! Is all the rage. When they ask your email address, they immediately assume it's a Yahoo.com one. Well, I'm the type of person who doesn't like to follow trends, especially from classmates who don't know what computers really are... ;) So I tell them... "I'm icemarle at yahoo, gmail and hotmail (probably got suspended in hotmail).com." They get shocked that I have a different email provider from Yahoo... I go tell them, "Have you heard of Gmail?" they reply, "No." I go on with my geeky rant... "It had about 2.5GB of storage." (Now they don't know what that is...) :DAnyway, I was glad when I got Gmail. I use it a lot for my editing work, recieving certain files and for communicating with my personal stuff. The Yahoo mail I got? It just collects spam. Basically, it's my public email address, so I don't care if it gets spam. I I keep my Gmail a secret, however... ---> I don't say my Gmail in public with the standard @provider.com however, ;) Can't let those spammers mutilate my precious Gmail! :D

Notice from mayank:
Edited as reported.
Edited by mayank (see edit history)

I love Yahoo! but their email system is getting kinda old. But not to worry the upcoming upgrade sure is promosing. As for the question, I use Yahoo!, Gmail and Hotmail. Hevn't tried aol though. Can't wait for the new Yahoo! Mail - I'm too excited. ;)

I mainly use many email providers such as hotmail, gmail, yahoo, indiatimes, rediff and sify. Man these are really great email providers. Out of these my major usage is in hotmail. Hotmail is my favorite becoz of its support and also they filter the junk emails very well than any other email providers. They are the best evnthough they provide less space but its worth to take the account in hotmail rather than falling to ditch with others. Hotmail is rocking..!!!! :huh: