xisto Community
jacob

What is the best PHP bulliten board?

What is the best PHP bulliten board?  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Presently if you go to judge these Softwares by their own Communities SMF is taking the lead they have 1000 users most of the time.Reason it offers many Features as compared to PHPBB2.I rather forund it strande that you guys go with PHPBB2 as it is the most unsecured forum software and is popular as it copied IPB and has similar Looks.It doesnt even have Sub Forums support.Well if yo have cash in hand IPB or VBB both are good and is so preferred by corporates Like Yahoo!.But in the free section SMF is NO. 1 and then PHPBB2 .This is what I think

If ya thinking of starting you first bb, well anyone should use phpBB. There are tons of mods,and themes. Plus if ya don't have much knowledge of php or mysql, their community has millions of users, that will help. Plus if ya not comfortable appling mods, there are many 'remakes' of phpbb with mods preinstalled. if ya interested in a few places to start with premodded boards let me know. Oh and the most important reason to go with phpbb, its secure and best of all FREE!

I dont agree with most of u..Phpbb is very simple.Everybody knows that. Its for kids.You said that its easy.So it is...And ıts choosen by users only coz of this.But IPB, is the most professional bulletin in the world, even more than VBulletin.IPB dont have so much hacks, addons, themes, youre right.But, i just offer IPB for professionals, so professionals can do their mods, themes etc..If you are still under constructor in web designing, dont close to IPB :)

i picked phpbb, dont know what one bulliten has over the other though. i just chose it becuase its what i have =D. its seems fine to me n works great =)

WE forgot Simple Machines? I like Simple Machines. I just started using it and its intergrated "Package Manger" is very cool. I think SImple Machines deserves more credit. I thought IPB cost a pretty penny? Maybe theres a free version that is just "Invision Board" but "Invision Power Board" cost you.

phpbb has got a lot of problems, 160 websites and more get hacked because phpbb forums had failure codes. you can see phpbb is always in updates cause there is always a problem somewhere and it needs a lot of MysQl database. Ivision board is better, highter quality and lower Mysql database but now it's not free. Im agree with barnes, I suggest SMF http://www.simplemachines.org/ :)

There is absolutely nothing that can compare to IPB 2.x in features except for maybe Fusetalk. But I've never used fuse talk. Other than that PhpBB is NOTHING compared to IPB 2.x(Invisionfree and Clicdev do not have 2.x, and 2.x looks nothing like the frames of the old). VBulletin can compare because it can handle many many more people, but feature wise IPB wins.

Edited by Tetraca (see edit history)

Invision Power Board is way better then phpBB. Infact I actually think vBulletin and IP.Board are the best.Free forum software (my opinion) sucks. However, there is a free version of IPB, but that is v1.3 and v2.0 I think.

I am all for phpbb3. If you decide to use it you should customise it in a very unique way though.VBulletin is used by most boards because their code is very smart and it's easy to customise and not to mention the amazing community that supports it.To me phpbb ties for first spot with VB!

I don't know about the truth to your statement about most boards using it. I know there are a lot of free hosts that use phpBB, but I think there are much more people running vBulletin than phpBB. If not vB + Simple Machines + IPB is a lot more than phpBB.