xisto Community
jacob

What is the best PHP bulliten board?

What is the best PHP bulliten board?  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

SMF - Simple Machines Forum, the succesor to YaBB SEok now that was a biased answer cuz I'm admining one, and because the YaBB Gold -> phpBB2 convertor didn't do a good job, I had to stick with SMF. However now using it for the past 3 days, I found it to be just as good as phpBB2 if not better in a lot of areas. I can also integrate it with Coppermine Gallery, and together they are ten times faster than my old perl based solution :(

Vbulliten is very nice CMS it has Full option For Admin and users
i like use Vbulliten Ver 3
It has Nice skin
i like skins  ,  :(

I've been playing around with different forums & I agree on this. From an aesthetical point of view, I think vBulletin looks the best, but it's not free so out of my options. Someone said this already, but yes, IPB is great because it was everything in the generic package.

With PHPBB, you have to add on mods, more work to get the same features as IPB, but nevertheless, you can. The only thing is when you add those things on, you won't be able to find a compatible template afterwards (I haven't tried it, but that's what I'm guessing...since you're adding on extra stuff).

And I'm still on my indecisive on which one to use. Since I'm not a techie, I'm looking at pre-modified PHPBB forums, any particular one that you recommend?

I'd also go for phpBB... Dunno why, but I like it more than IPB. But then again, I'm one of those people who don't like everything served, I like to play around, setting things up :(

Obviously invision power board is the best, but phpbb is very simple to use, well, more simple then ipb and is alsow as secure as ipb.I Understand why people vote more in phpbb... it's because is more easy, but that doesn't mean it's the best, just more simple to use.Anyway, both are very good.The others i don't know... i have never used them.

I have really good knowledge of invision, im just now new with phpbb. But i must say phpbb is way better, they have great skins (invison does too) but the skins for phpbb look way better than the one in invision. I vote for phpbb. v-bulltin just sucks.

My pick was SMF, A) because it's free B) because it provides the most features for the price, and C) they have a great community. I would pick IPB, but I since I don't own it, I am not going to express any major comments on it, although I do admit it's pretty good. I perfer anything over phpBB; it's too simplistic, too unprofessional, too limited in my view, too insecure, and too popular. I want to help build up the SMF user base, since MF is a very powerful forum system, despite its slight downsides.