xisto Community
jacob

What is the best PHP bulliten board?

What is the best PHP bulliten board?  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

B) ..Welll bro honeslty speaking ..invision board is the best ...its faster than anybody else , more customized Control panel , easy themes installation , And more features than PHP board .. :P ... And yes , its free of any kindda lisence too..

Hi!

I see your post is from 2004, so a lot might have changed since then. When I go to Invision right now, I see the Invision Power Board as a commercial product. I've seen a forum post dating back to 2005 indicating Invision was free in the past but as it is now a paid product, Asta Host took it off their website.

Invision Power Services charges $150 for their basic support package and $300 for their business support package for the 1st year, after which the renewal is for $25 and $50, respectively. They also provide migration of your existing forum board for $60, as well as an MS SQL or Oracle database connectivity driver for $60.

IMHO, I see the $275 to take off the copyright notice at the bottom as a really big gotcha because if you're paying for support to run the forum, especially with a business support package, then you shouldn't have to put up with having another firm's name on your website.

Regards,
Nitin

Please post what your favorite PHP bulliten board script is...
I think phpBB is a better script, becuase it looks nice, and has more mods/skins, and is free, and no one pressures you to buy a liscence(they don't even sell one).

Dear friend I agree with you completely it is (PHP BB ) is one of the best bulletin board script moreover its entirely free to be used. 

Definitely go for "PhpBB3" if you have no money.But if you are willing to pay go for Invision Power Board [iPB], as you can see Xisto is using it and it's a superb script. Only trouble is that it's over $250, i think, or close to that price.But I'd prefer phpbb3, because I don't have money either. LOL B):P PhpBB3 offers a easy to use forum, with easy management system, and a huge modding community, with heaps of skins.I will not recommended SMF [simple machines forum] as I don't like it, partly cause it looks messy and that I don't like the ACP. So yeh, thats my advice B)