xisto Community

Ah, I just recalled now setting up Windows 7 on a friend's computer. The setup took forever, since it seemed to be using either some bad CD rom drivers, or bad I/O interface drivers. But once the system was up, (and was able to connect to the internet and download drivers,) everything was set and well.
I still have a Windows XP SP 1a cd sitting around, and I'm sure it has terribly outdated drivers, if I were to use it to install an operating system right now. But then, as Microsoft released more service packs, their CDs began coming with newer and newer drivers, most likely better performing as well.

Windows xp is the best operating system I have ever used. Yes there were problems in driver installation with the non service pack versions but from service pack 2 and onwards almost all the driver problems have been solved. I have not even upgraded to the service pack 3 because I have no problem with the service pack 2 and it is doing very well. Another important thing about the windows xp is that it does not crash easily. I remember once my pc's operating system crashed with a blue screen with some values written on it and then the computer restarded. From that time I have no problem with the windows xp service pack 2

The BloatWindows 7

Windows 7 is a Microsoft Product. Microsoft has a history of code redundancy, inert space, and codec style referal. It was and still is very much like a forum of great and not so great ideas combined together in hopes of justifying a positive result. Bill Gates should curb the flood and whittle the O/S down a little bit, 8 bit and 16 bit code is already archaic but the O/S is packed with it. During the mid-80's Commadore brought out the Vic20, it had 3k of ram, and dedicated video memory, a pamphlet size manual fully describing what each of the 64k of bites used by the system can do... Peek & Poke, also included was an 8k rom of basic. At that time a codec was merely coded as a basic interupt to a specific address and directed through basic code to an other address. If you must have a billion colours, OK, but why are the programs so anal retentive? Did I say that right? I am sure that modern computers are built with almost God like ability yet they perform like...Me!

-reply by Gary Tasse

Having used Microsoft Windows 7 for the past few months since my computer was repaired (previously using Microsoft Windows Vista), I can say that the experience has been overwhelming (excluding my recent purchase of a Apple MacBook Pro with Mac OS X Snow Leopard). Not only have most applications I use and games I play have been compatible with the new operating system, the operating system has been stable and has not crashed as often has Windows Vista did. I have also found the Windows 7's interface to be much more organised and user friendly. I especially like the new Taskbar with the applications icons pinned to it, like the Mac OS X Snow Leopard dock (when I used to use Windows Vista, I had a RocketDock with the icons of applications I most frequently used.). Anyone considering purchasing a Windows desktop computer or notebooks should choose Microsoft Windows 7 rather than the old Windows XP, as Microsoft has produced a stable and excellent operating system from the disaster that was called Windows Vista.

I never got into Windows Vista. I was still so used to Windows XP and Vista just didn't look pretty to me nor did it impress me. However, I've recently only begun to explore Windows 7, and only through a Virtual Machine. I am definitely considering installing it through Bootcamp. I am just wondering how it is with games and its compatibility with things that were working on XP, especially games.

If I understand correctly, you don't directly try the game on Windows7, you want to stack a lot of layers:- bootcamp - Windows 7- game for Windows XPIf this is not successful, you will not know where the problem is coming from. You should try XP games on a native Windows7 in order to see the difference between XP and seven.

i've used XP since 2003... i think it's been one of the most successful (in a long term run) for the Windows Series... in my opinion and experience... although one can argue that Windows 95 or 98 could've had the most turning point for the Series...

i'm still using XP and will probably be using it for a while, may be until end of support in 2014 although i have played around with Windows 7, it's just a little bit too resource hungry for my old crappy hardwares

Windows 7 will definitely be a more success than Vista and viewing it's growth in use it will probably surpass XP by 2012 or 2013

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

2012 there is going to be more changes in next OS. They're planning for the next OS in 2012 and so i think windows 7 will have shorter lifespan than vista or windows XP. Windows 8 will only require new hardware and it will run on most of the low memory configuration. This is what i have read from the online magazine. I have seen that it was tested on 512 MB RAM and it is performing fine like Windows 7. Also they're releasing separate version for both desktop and tablet in future in order to make the navigation and operations easier.I don't think windows 7 will be recieved in 2013 like XP. Because XP managed to survive for more than 9 years and counting. In case of windows 7 which was launched in 2009 i guess is yet to cover the whole market. Many new computers are still running on old hardware with windows XP. When windows 8 launches then i guess it is possible

2012 there is going to be more changes in next OS. They're planning for the next OS in 2012 and so i think windows 7 will have shorter lifespan than vista or windows XP. Windows 8 will only require new hardware and it will run on most of the low memory configuration. This is what i have read from the online magazine. I have seen that it was tested on 512 MB RAM and it is performing fine like Windows 7. Also they're releasing separate version for both desktop and tablet in future in order to make the navigation and operations easier.
I don't think windows 7 will be recieved in 2013 like XP. Because XP managed to survive for more than 9 years and counting. In case of windows 7 which was launched in 2009 i guess is yet to cover the whole market. Many new computers are still running on old hardware with windows XP. When windows 8 launches then i guess it is possible

interesting... would be awesome to see Windows 8 running on lower spec hardwares... one of th reasons i stayed away from Windows 7 since it's release was hardware requirements... although my PC now can perform perfectly well with Windows 7, i just don't see the point of upgrading as XP serves the purpose adequately

If Windows 8 is coming out soon... i will probably upgrade to it, but i will see if it will be as slick as XP hehe