xisto Community

Hello,
XP SP 2 is the best. It doesn't require DVD to install this OS. You can install this OS from 700 MB CD. The best benefit of this OS is the faster OS than VISTA. VISTA best features is the GUI interface. Windows 7 follows the SP 2 criteria in performance. I like to operate on Windows 7 because of the Taskbar icons. This OS is also faster in operation and easy to operate but Some additional features I don't understand in Windows 7. But yes it supports the every software which is supported by XP SP2.

Regarding the present day feeling towards content distribution, the compact disk is being phased out. When you make a comparison by saying "This [Windows 7] OS is also faster..." What os were you comparing it to?

For example, on my system, Win7 seems to run much more smoother than XP, but it could be do to drivers, as Win7 drivers are official and XP drivers are as I guess not so official..When I bought my laptop, it was with Vista pre-installed, I used for several months and downgraded to XP and used it, Vista seemed to run smoother, but used 3-4 times of more RAM, if XP usually takes 300-400 MB, Vista took 1.2 GB just booted with some startup programs.I haven't tried comparing the two systems with opening big wav files or opening a huge power point file, but I noticed that opening of folders and moving the windows there slower, but I think it was due to drivers and maybe do to that AERO is using new graphics card features where XP doesn't, but I can say that Win7 runs much more smoother on my new hardware.My specifications are:Operating System: MS Windows 7 Professional 32-bitCPU: Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo P8600 @ 2.40GHzRAM 4.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 531MHzMotherboard: SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD. R560Graphics: LEN L220xwC @ 1920x1200, 512MB GeForce 9600M GT (Samsung)Hard Drives: 320GB (IDE)Audio: SB X-Fi Surround 5.1Furthermore, my friend/colleague is using an HP laptop which is a bit older and was pre installed with XP, he tried to install Win7 and it worked well, he removed all the fancy features and made it look like XP in some way, he used it and it was OK, but he got back to XP, as he said there almost aren't any difference, just that XP takes less RAM, but performance seems to be similar on his older hardware, can't say which HP is it, but it had only 1 GB of RAM, just that XP has less features than Win7..I noticed, that on XP some older games work much better than newer games, like on Windows 7 I had issues with Heroes 3, Age of Empires 2, Dune 2000, Starcraft 1, but it can be solved by googling, even though XP hadn't any issues with those games as much as I remember. :)

Whatdafd

For example, on my system, Win7 seems to run much more smoother than XP, but it could be do to drivers, as Win7 drivers are official and XP drivers are as I guess not so official..
When I bought my laptop, it was with Vista pre-installed, I used for several months and downgraded to XP and used it, Vista seemed to run smoother, but used 3-4 times of more RAM, if XP usually takes 300-400 MB, Vista took 1.2 GB just booted with some startup programs.

I haven't tried comparing the two systems with opening big wav files or opening a huge power point file, but I noticed that opening of folders and moving the windows there slower, but I think it was due to drivers and maybe do to that AERO is using new graphics card features where XP doesn't, but I can say that Win7 runs much more smoother on my new hardware.

My specifications are:

Operating System: MS Windows 7 Professional 32-bit
CPU: Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo P8600 @ 2.40GHz
RAM 4.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 531MHz
Motherboard: SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD. R560
Graphics: LEN L220xwC @ 1920x1200, 512MB GeForce 9600M GT (Samsung)
Hard Drives: 320GB (IDE)
Audio: SB X-Fi Surround 5.1

Furthermore, my friend/colleague is using an HP laptop which is a bit older and was pre installed with XP, he tried to install Win7 and it worked well, he removed all the fancy features and made it look like XP in some way, he used it and it was OK, but he got back to XP, as he said there almost aren't any difference, just that XP takes less RAM, but performance seems to be similar on his older hardware, can't say which HP is it, but it had only 1 GB of RAM, just that XP has less features than Win7..

I noticed, that on XP some older games work much better than newer games, like on Windows 7 I had issues with Heroes 3, Age of Empires 2, Dune 2000, Starcraft 1, but it can be solved by googling, even though XP hadn't any issues with those games as much as I remember. :)

We like it or not these big companies are after our pockets as an end consumers. There marketing strategy is perfectly designed to grab our hard earned money. Both hardware and software companies are on sabotage, they are just tricking us. I believed that they can do tweaking in softwares so that it will not require a lot of cpu, memory and storage capacities. Though many gurus in different fields in IT claiming that they had just tweaked and certain software application ran smoothly with an old desktop.

I'm not against with the latest technology infact I am enjoying it. Just expressing myself after knowing that even Windows 7 will run with a 384mb memory which is very far from the required specification of the vendor. :D

For example, on my system, Win7 seems to run much more smoother than XP, but it could be do to drivers, as Win7 drivers are official and XP drivers are as I guess not so official..
When I bought my laptop, it was with Vista pre-installed, I used for several months and downgraded to XP and used it, Vista seemed to run smoother, but used 3-4 times of more RAM, if XP usually takes 300-400 MB, Vista took 1.2 GB just booted with some startup programs.

I haven't tried comparing the two systems with opening big wav files or opening a huge power point file, but I noticed that opening of folders and moving the windows there slower, but I think it was due to drivers and maybe do to that AERO is using new graphics card features where XP doesn't, but I can say that Win7 runs much more smoother on my new hardware.

My specifications are:

Operating System: MS Windows 7 Professional 32-bit
CPU: Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo P8600 @ 2.40GHz
RAM 4.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 531MHz
Motherboard: SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD. R560
Graphics: LEN L220xwC @ 1920x1200, 512MB GeForce 9600M GT (Samsung)
Hard Drives: 320GB (IDE)
Audio: SB X-Fi Surround 5.1

Furthermore, my friend/colleague is using an HP laptop which is a bit older and was pre installed with XP, he tried to install Win7 and it worked well, he removed all the fancy features and made it look like XP in some way, he used it and it was OK, but he got back to XP, as he said there almost aren't any difference, just that XP takes less RAM, but performance seems to be similar on his older hardware, can't say which HP is it, but it had only 1 GB of RAM, just that XP has less features than Win7..

I noticed, that on XP some older games work much better than newer games, like on Windows 7 I had issues with Heroes 3, Age of Empires 2, Dune 2000, Starcraft 1, but it can be solved by googling, even though XP hadn't any issues with those games as much as I remember. :D

Windows 7 drivers are no less "official" than XP drivers, although it could depend on what drivers you are referring to :)

When my school district had Vista computers, the aero interface was generally disabled, being replaced with a more circa-Windows 2000 UI.

Well, I referred to drivers which you can download officially from Samsung or any other companies website.. and not from a site which offers all drivers for different computers.

and not from a site which offers all drivers for different computers.

Which is prechisely what I do each time I install a system : I love the way these sites scan your computer and tells you "click here" for each missing driver.

It's good, I agree, but whenever I tried several of those programs which finds the needed drivers for your computer, they are not always accurate or some of them require for you to specify which computer you're using, like a model and etc. which if I would know, I would find in the Internet :)It usually happens when I am helping some friend to install Windows and find the correct newest drivers.Sometimes, the system has no Internet, due to you need to install a Lan or wireless driver for the Internet to start working and to start using that program which fins all the needed drivers for you.

Well, I referred to drivers which you can download officially from Samsung or any other companies website.. and not from a site which offers all drivers for different computers.

Ah, ok. So are you saying that even now, Windows 7 doesn't have enough driver support?

Ah, ok. So are you saying that even now, Windows 7 doesn't have enough driver support?

I guess that, as usual...If you buy your PC from a manufacter, it's shipped with Windows 7, including all the drivers.
If you happen to change to another graphic display or another burner or another sound card, you will need to buy it with it's own driver. And, of couse, some of the audio adapters don't have a decent "seven" driver.

I guess that, as usual...If you buy your PC from a manufacter, it's shipped with Windows 7, including all the drivers.
If you happen to change to another graphic display or another burner or another sound card, you will need to buy it with it's own driver. And, of couse, some of the audio adapters don't have a decent "seven" driver.

True, that makes sense. All in good time, I suppose.

I haven't been following along too much with the news of Windows 7, but I look forward to see what Service Pack 1 will bring. (unless I've somehow already missed it?)

I refereed that you usually need to find drivers for XP, even though it seems that Windows 7 has most of the drivers inside it, but it's not always like that, usually those ethernet drivers needs to be found by you, it depends on the hardware, especially with wireless, I had no Internet..Also, when using Windows 7, I installed Samsung's official drivers, the ones I needed, as it has more control over the system, as it offers not only drivers, but software like: battery, display, network and speed up management..Furthermore, as I bought external sound card, windows 7 drivers only offered stereo through it, so I needed to install creative drivers to support the advantages of 5.1,7.1 sound and to have more control.I've heard that some guys installed Windows 7 and had everything working, internet, display, sound and etc. and didn't need to install anything, but it depends on the hardware, I guess it depends even if it's a laptop or a desktop computer..Even though it seems that windows update suggests me to install a newer drivers for bluetooth and etc. the same is done by samsung update software.. :)

I've heard that some guys installed Windows 7 and had everything working, internet, display, sound and etc. and didn't need to install anything, but it depends on the hardware, I guess it depends even if it's a laptop or a desktop computer..

Yeah Quatrux, I have been in those guys who probably don't need to install any other driver after installing windows 7 :)
I have installed Windows 7 in my pc and had everything working then whether its video, internet or sound. All drivers are already present in windows 7 already. So, as a result, saves me a lot of time whenever I had to reinstall windows to perform system maintenance. Really a plus point for users like me :D

The built-in drivers included with windows 7 may not be efficient enough.One of my friends installed windows 7 on her PC. The graphics were not good, in the sense when I move the mouse from top left to bottom right , the movement is not smooth (looks like playing a game on 3 frames per second). Installing the Nvidia graphics driver which came with motherboard did the job, now it feels silky smooth to operate.Also the sound drivers had some problem, whenever the music has loud pitch the sound just stopped working until the PC is restarted. The same thing when tested with headphone. The problem may be with the built-in sound card. But again installing the Realtek sound drivers did the job.

I am using xp for long time and try vista but vista not recomended because vista not good and when I am using w7, I think w7 better good than vista.

Microsoft windows is the most popular operating system both for home users and for enterprises. The firs popular version was windows 98 which ruled the industry for more that 3 years. Even the windows 2000 could not beat the popularity of the windows 98. The next famous version was the all time favorite windows XP. Windows xp is the most popular operating system. Microsoft also launched three service packs for the windows xp which made it more stable and work faster. With the service packs installed the windows xp is an ideal operating system for all types of computer users. After windows xp, microsoft launched the windows Vista which got some fame in the start but later because of the problems the fame declined. The newest version of microsoft windows is Windows 7. It has also gained some popularity but the reality will be revealed when some time passes.
If the three operating systems developed by the microsoft that are in use nowadays are compared, I will certainly go for windows xp. One of the major reason for this is the large amount of applications that are developed for the windows xp and that may not function properly on windows vista or windows 7. The other reason is that if you make a little research on the comparison of the three operating systems, you will find that windows xp is the fastest. Also it is much simple to use so I will certainly go for windows xp. I also suggest to stay with microsoft windows xp unless a really cool version superior to xp is launched by the microsoft.

Ah, I just recalled now setting up Windows 7 on a friend's computer. The setup took forever, since it seemed to be using either some bad CD rom drivers, or bad I/O interface drivers. But once the system was up, (and was able to connect to the internet and download drivers,) everything was set and well.I still have a Windows XP SP 1a cd sitting around, and I'm sure it has terribly outdated drivers, if I were to use it to install an operating system right now. But then, as Microsoft released more service packs, their CDs began coming with newer and newer drivers, most likely better performing as well.