xisto Community
OpaQue

Get Ad-revenue For Writing/posting Here

Great news!!!
I am very interested I think this is a great forum and a great community. Thank you Admin. Moderators and everybody.

I have to post a lot before can join to this great feature.

Welcome aboard, fermin. Now you posted enough and have joined our coummunity, now posting for sustaining your account... :o

What do I need to enter in the website field while applying at kontera. I don't have a good website with regular hits. I suppose, many of you who signed up at kontera entered your own website address. Were there any rejections by kontera because you had a small site?

the size of your site is not really important from that point of view. From the Kondera point of view, the posts you wrote add money to your Kondera account. You could imagine adding the Kondera adds to your own website, but it's not the main goal today.

Well I think I don't have anything useful in my website right now. But soon I will be updating it as I am getting hosting accounts setup now. So should I wait and update my website or can I enter any other website during the signup? Or can I enter Xisto.com itself?

Is the advertising retroactive to all of the threads that I have madeOr does in only start with new posts beginning in January of 2009? IHave several threads that I started here on Xisto that getConsistent hits from Google but they are from a few years back.

-reply by DavidDock

Well now, everyone... this is what I get for not being as active as I once was. I miss out on a lot of interesting events. I see that the last post on this wasn't too long ago, so it seems like it is pretty much strongly in effect. I have been following each entry to this post the best I can.It seems that as active Xisto members, when we sign up to Kontera, we are able to make money from our postings and site hits. That is just general... it seems that we will have certain link colors to identify ourselves? That one I will really have to look into. The only reason I think we have our own color, would be the best way to tell who is who.As far as how the money is issued, I think it is still a good deal having any way of flow working for the Xisto community. I think it would be best converting into myCent, but hey... if you want to convert it into myCent, make money payments... Tada! That would be good, too. Making the money with links could give you money to spend or money to put toward your site. Or even help put money into our forums and our services.I am typing all of this right after reading the postings... I haven't even signed up yet... I am thinking I may put more of my input once I am trying it for a while... but it sounds like a great idea right now... Keeping active and even keeping a good work of mouth, or in this case, word of site searching.- skedad -

I’m quite active these days on both Xisto and Xisto. Not much posting on Xisto. Just reply to some old and new topics. On Xisto, i’m replying to the topics about which i can answer. But point is Kontera earning for me is not slightly moved. Ecpm rate from the report is shown as 3$ and the earning turns out to be 0.23$. Not much i mean in this quarter i just earned 5.22$ so far. I know not that much as we’ve to reach goal of 100$ to get paid. But can’t help it from traffic point of view.Also i want to know if Kontera carries previous months earning to next month or not? I mean i’m on kontera since January but from their custom report option i couldn’t select the month January. Only allowed to select period which was from March 09. Strange, but i don’t know how they work. Also why they don’t have counter that shows money earned so far ? I mean they have ad network and publisher service which doesn’t keep count of how money earned so far ? Is it there ? or i’m just missing something to look on publisher dashboard. Let’s see if i get paid and somehow manage to get access to counter which shows my earning so far.

You're right starscream, I sometimes log to kontera.com and see that They don't show total amount of money earned so far and I can't select the period from the beginning thats why I got a little annoyed tried to search for this issue, but never found any info about it, I just wonder if the money goes away or there's a way to check it.. I noticed this quite a while ago, several months ago, but were to busy to post something like that, as the income isn't big anymore, it used to be big in the first days though. :D

I too thought the same thing. There is no one click option to show all the Money earned so far. We have to manually select the date period. It works for me, I can select the range from the beginning of the month I joined it. Click "Custom date period" in reports/summary and select the date you first joined kontera by using the calendar "From/To" and the current date in "To" field. Click submit. Now it will show you all the revenue earned so far. Below that you can also select the report for individual website in case you have multiple sites which are running the ad code.Yes, the earnings from this aren't much, but it adds to the overall revenue in a small way.PS: The response from support team of kontera is qute fast. You can try contacting them and ask the problem. May be they can help you.

Edited by Spencer (see edit history)

Well, I also used the feature to see custom day periods, but with time I just can see less and less dates to the past, currently I can only see a custom Day period from May to Today, but I've used to see it before May.. As I remember I registered at January or even December, well the first days it appeared.Will need to ask the support of kontera. ;]

Yes agree with quantrux. Even i joined on January but can't access the date using custom period. Now the only dates accessible for me are from march. Not sure if i lost or got carried my earlier earnings. Which was more than current one. I'm not even sure of if my previous earning were carried to next month or not. Now that spencer said their customer support is good. I'll try that out. And i'm gonna make suggestion to them that why there is no earning counter on dashboard. Isn't this complicated without it ? Let's see how they respond to this suggestion in future.

So, in your case its showing only past six months of revenue. I did a bit of googling on this. Hey, its true that the earnings before six months are neglected! This is ridiculous, I mean nowhere in thier terms they mention this thing. Check out this review from a previous Kontera user, nor did they send an email of the change of TOS if any.

So, unless one earns more than 100$ in six months he is never going to be paid.

Also it seems that the Kontera code slows down the page loading.

@starscream: To verify that the money earned is really being carried forward, you can try doing this and let us know the results. So, since it shows six months of earning, each passing day you get a date less to choose in "Custom Period" selection tool. So now see the amount earned for the earliest selectable date, suppose it is $0.2 for 30th March. Now, see it the next day whether the earning of 30th has been added to the total earnings. I hope you got the idea what I am trying to say. Either of you can try this and let us know the truth.

Edited by Spencer (see edit history)

@Spencer, i contacted support few hours ago. and they replied that custom report period is restricted to quarterly reports and they'll consider about earning counter soon. and after reading the review from your link it says that kontera is targetted for high traffic websites. Previous earnings are not calculated and carried ahead. So as per that if it goes 100$ in 6 months then we'll get paid. In that way if our earning didn't make it to 100$ in 6 months then we've to forget about it.

So this "Ad revenue sharing" from kontera is failed for me. I'm not going to put them on my site anymore. And i doubt if opaque really got any views out from this mod as per percentage in first page. I doubt about his pageviews going in thousands per day. And yes, ad-type of kontera slows site loading as they embded on keywords in our articles on forums and blogs. They're even bad for visitors. Many other similar ad networks like kontera have same issues of site-loading and turns of visitors. One thing we can do is sign up for alternate ad-network for out blogs atlast, one such similar ad-network is infolinks. I'm not sure if opaque is turning them off for such policies. But let's hope atleast some of from us get paid from kontera.

This is disappointing, They seem to get money that somebody clicked on the ad, am I right? The program runs like that, but they don't pay us, so it's in my opinion cheating and will only work if the kontera will be used only by Xisto - Web Hosting and not the members.. So there is no need to use it, as on these forums it's impossible to get 100$ in 6 months by the current system, well at least for me, as it usually is 12 cents 4 cents, 0 cents and etc. a day. I wonder if Opaque knows about this :D I think somebody should contact the Admins and remove kontera or at least use it in a different way to bring revanue? as it seems to be SCAM from normal simple users with simple websites.

Edited by Quatrux (see edit history)