xisto Community
OpaQue

Get Ad-revenue For Writing/posting Here

is there an age or credit card requirement for this ad service? :mellow:

While I haven't read it anywhere, it seems somewhat logical that you should be of age (eighteen or older) in order to use this service. Of course, there is no way they could find out whether you are or not, but cashing the check might pose a problem. I suppose wire transfers do not have this obstacle.

I had 12.000 impressions three days ago, so I am all "thumbs up" when it comes to this sort of earning :P

I just checked my Kontera account and I have to say that I am impressed. Around $25 for a month isn’t bad at all. I did notice that the page impressions skyrocketed in the last two weekends which increased revenue considerably. Looking at it from a purely statistically vantage I wonder if someone isn’t gaming the system by running a bot on the weekend. While this is good for me now, I’m sure Kontera will catch on and possible take away that revenue.To the moderators, does traffic really increase by 500% on the weekends? I have found that on my website the traffic actually decreases by 10% or so on the weekend. If traffic for Xisto does not increase on the weekends then it may be something to look into.

Yeah, it's really great, it really encourages posting more relevant topics, because you can get revenue out of it, I'm also quite impressed, I thought it won't be much of deal, 1$ in a month, something like that, but it's much better indeed :mellow:

I have to say that I am yielding better results with kontera on a daily basis then I am with adsense and odd are that is because of the traffic the forums get. My best day had over 20,000 impressions and I took in a nice amount from that, to bad I don't get it on a daily basis because I would be set. Of course, I wouldn't doubt that three other websites that I have kontera added to have help contribute to those impressions. I would say you have better results using kontera on a blog then adsense just because you don't have to mess around with the ad placement and stuff like that.

I agree, and google adsense is much more easier to block by different software while browsing the web, if you don't want to see most of the ads.. Adblocks and etc. For example when using Privoxy, I usually never see google ads unless I want to, but I can still see ads similar to kontera.. :mellow:Well, I think the more users have topics/posts on these forums, Xisto, Xisto.. the more revenue statistically he/she is getting from kontera, for new users I doubt that kontera may bring lots of revenue, it's really great for quite old members and of course for members with lots of good topics. :P

As far as I know, the myCENTs of here and Xisto are separate, but they both credit to the Xisto account (assuming you have the same email address used). This means that posting here and on Xisto have mostly the same effect, except that you'd probably get better Kontera results off Xisto (as it is a larger forum) - and you could have up to 199.98 myCENTs total and it wouldn't credit :mellow: (but it's pretty unrealistic to have 99.99 myCENTs on both here and Xisto)

Trap17 has larger traffic and a larger group of people sharing ad revenue through Kontera. So, the equation comes down to same regardless of where you post.

I also noticed, that some bigger revenue for me only comes when I post on the forums, when I'm away for several days, the revenue at kontera drops, while posting on the forums quite actively it rises quite a lot :mellow:

I also noticed, that some bigger revenue for me only comes when I post on the forums, when I'm away for several days, the revenue at kontera drops, while posting on the forums quite actively it rises quite a lot :mellow:

You know what? This does seem to be the case. I have been quite busy recently, thus being unable to post on the forums, and my earning have dropped a lot ("disappeared" might be a better word). However, I do not think there is some hidden algorithm that deals with this - there just this:

Percentage of time last poster's ads will display: 11%

True, 11% isn't a lot, but it obviously affects one's earnings.

Hold on - does last poster mean the last poster in the thread, or the last poster on the forum. I initially thought it meant the last poster of the thread, but it would better explain the traffic spikes if it were the last poster of the forum (now to find the right time-zone...)