xisto Community
OpaQue

Get Ad-revenue For Writing/posting Here

I also thought it means that the last poster in the topic? hmm but it really can be like last poster on the bulletin board or maybe last poster in sub/forum? ;] Even though I don't even know why logically last poster of the thread/topic could get more revenue than posters above his post.. whats the point? Maybe it's just easy to get the last poster id or something, better than random I guess.

I also think it is about the last poster in the topic... Furthermore, I am currently somewhat confused, because my page impressions (and therefore my earnings) didn't rise for the day when I posted more. Makes me wonder (again) why this happens.

In fact I think that on Xisto and on Xisto so much users are using this ad revenue, that the probability of ads to be shown is getting very little, I mean the probability for the system to show your ads from 100 users is much bigger for you than from 1000 users registered.It used to be for me ~10-7$ dollars a day, now for the past week I didn't see a rise of more than 2$ and usually 0.18$ so I think it's because more and more people are using it, I don't know, I just guess. :mellow:

I also think it is about the last poster in the topic... Furthermore, I am currently somewhat confused, because my page impressions (and therefore my earnings) didn't rise for the day when I posted more. Makes me wonder (again) why this happens.

I'm fairly sure it means last poster on the boards - this is what my revenue graph looks like (it goes from under 50 to several thousand - explain this...):

Posted Image

It could be something like this:

Day 1:

12PM: You make one post.

1:01PM: The next post is made.

Day 2:

12PM - 1PM: You make 10 posts, then go to sleep. (no one else is online at this time)

1:01PM: Someone else makes a post.

You have an hour of 1% chance of your ads being shown anywhere, and thus you don't notice a difference.

EDIT) Okay, something I completely missed that should make it obvious that it's last poster on the board - I don't remember posting in any of the pages in the listings of the top 20 pages by clicks (which are all from Xisto!) So it's a little biased to the time zone you're in..

Edited by Nabb (see edit history)

The last thing you stated is true - last time I checked, the clicks came from pages I had nothing to do with... That's one point for the "last poster on the entire forum" theory :mellow:

That graph at Naab post looks quite identical to mine, the revenues cam the same days for me too, just a bit differently.Oh no, some days are different, just checked again.

Edited by Quatrux (see edit history)

Are you sure we are allowed to post our charts? I've skimmed through the Terms of Service, and haven't found any information, but I am still skeptical...

Are you sure we are allowed to post our charts? I've skimmed through the Terms of Service, and haven't found any information, but I am still skeptical...

You are right, maybe we are not allowed to share our charts. Let me first remove my chart, and then I will read the TOS more carefully.

I just got everything setup and I will see if it is worth it. How will the earnings be paid? I am assuming it will go directly to Xisto which will then go toward MyCents or myEarnings.

I also expected the revenue to go directly to Xisto, being converted to MyCents. However, the revenue seems to be like standard money, you should be able to put it on your paypal account.

I think this is better than sending all the earnings to our Xisto accounts - you've got posting to do that. This way you earn virtual money for hosting, while making real money at the same time :mellow:

Just logged on to kontera and I saw that for the last 8 days I had 0.00$ of income :mellow: is it just me or same for others? Posting on both here and Xisto, I made ~8$ myEarnings on these 8 days, so I wasn't inactive, heh this system works I don't know how now, it just works somehow :P

0.00$ of income :mellow: is it just me or same for others?

As you can see on the previous posts in the present topic, some of us posted their income curve, and it is non-zero... Maybe it is not an immediate effect, maybe you have to wait a couple of days or a couple of weeks...

Yes I saw, before that I thought that it's due to inactivity or something like that as the income wasn't 0.0$ but more for the days I remember I did post, but what I wanted to say that even though I was active, no revenue has come for the past 8 days, so just wanted to point that out ;]

You know what ? I was talking about what I remembered from last time I checked. Now, I just had a look at my revenue curve, and I noticed that I also have a revenue near zero for the last two weeks. So, the total amount is not zero, but the curve is asymptotic to nothing since last fifteen days.Probably my posts are not so interesting as they should do ? Next time I will have a great idea, if I am successful writing a nice post, let's see if my artistic success will be confirmed by a lot of visitors leading to a lot of revenue :mellow: