xisto Community
J.C.

How To Create Your Own Proxy Site (free And Easy)

Tired of your school blocking every new proxy site you find? Here's an answer. Check out http://www.proxybuilder.com/. After you fill in the information you want for your proxy site, it will give you the download link for your files. Then all you have to do is upload the files you download to your web host and you've got your own proxy website. If you find a free hosting site, you can make as many of these as you want!

NOTE***If your site gets blocked, just make another account with the free hosting service. BUT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU KEEP ALL YOUR ACCOUNTS! DELETE YOUR CURRENT ACCOUNT BEFORE CREATING A NEW ONE TO KEEP THE HOST'S SERVER CLEAN!

GOOD LUCK!

Very interesting, thanks for the info.Just a small detail, I would not put this in the Tutorial section (Free Web Hosting > Computers & Tech > How-To's and Tutorials > Internet > Internet Tools - Utilities - Hacks), because a tutorial should be a document more detailed than that.That's why I moved your topic here.RegardsYordan

This would work if the school/workplace/network does not block proxy servers in the first place. For instance, my school uses a word/URL filtering thing so once they detect common proxy words like "proxy", "anonymous", "private surfing" or any common keywords related to proxies on the same page, the site will be blocked. Also, they are remotely monitoring everything that we do so it wouldn't be particularly helpful.

To stop the word based filtering, use not the word proxy but helper. Also, this would be useless for me, since my school blocks any non-preapproved sites. However, I did find that adding a ?id=something to the end of an url fixed it. Thanks for the guide anyway.

Interesting. Does anyone know what Xisto's policy is for hosting proxy sites ? Does this also generate a lot of (extra) traffic from and to the hosting server or not ?

Interesting. Does anyone know what Xisto's policy is for hosting proxy sites ? Does this also generate a lot of (extra) traffic from and to the hosting server or not ?

I guess that it's exactly like hotlinking. So, if hotlinking is forbidden at Xisto, proxy serving should also be forbidden. Fortunately, I think this will simply be limitated by the free hosting disk and bandwidth quotas, so the proxies will simply stop working with "file not found" or "dns timeout" errors.By the way, this script does not work on any server. Some servers are protected, and if you try using proxybuilder on your account, your script receives errors like the following :

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /www/myserver.org/m/y/n/myname/htdocs/toto/index.php on line 682
Warning: fgets(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /www/myserver.org/m/y/n/myname/htdocs/toto/index.php on line 690

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /www/myserver.org/m/y/n/myname/htdocs/toto/index.php on line 862

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/myserver.org/m/y/n/myname/htdocs/toto/index.php:682) in /www/myserver.org/m/y/n/myname/htdocs/toto/index.php on line 1169

Edited by zorba4 (see edit history)

Yeah, sometimes when different sites are being blocked in school or university, it can be a headache if you "really" want to enter it, sometimes I think how do they know it's a proxy site, if some proxies are totally anonymous, somebody just gathers a blacklist? :) for example if I create my own proxy site on the server, for myself and won't use word a proxy and etc. in it, I guess there's a very very little chance or even none that I could get blacklisted..Maybe even a better way is having your personal proxy with a password or that web robots wouldn't index and crawl that site by setting some headers/meta stuff in that way other people won't use it, your personal proxy will be quite resources friendly if only you and maybe your friends in school or university will be using it. :)

My school has some "smart filter" thing that detects what a site is, proxy sites are blocked. Except I'm not sure if it just takes what's from the META tags or the content on the page, if there's nothing actually about it being a proxy it should be fine I suppose, there is this one proxy that works at school.It's really annoying at my school because they have blocked almost every site out there. For my IT extended class we needed to build computers and fing hardware for it. What else is blocked than the INTEL AND AMD sites :lThey are so strict at my school, we can't go on anything that isn't educational, except even the Discovery channel site is blocked, and the abc site, and news.com.au, it's ridiculous. And like teachers give us work to do and we need sites for it and they're always blocked (teachers don't have anything blocked so they don't know).

My old school used ContentKeeper. It is a great program, but while at school was so annoying. It blocked everything we wanted (and the teachers didn't) as was pretty much impossible to get past. It included the feature to block keywords as well as particular sites (defined by a admin) and included blocked 'categories' that included many sites (like games, shopping etc)While I was at school, we found a few ways to avoid content keeper, but most of them were found out by others and got shut down the next day. This proxy idea sounds good, but like most of our other ideas, it'd be blocked before we tried it!

Tired of your school blocking every new proxy site you find? Here's an answer. Check out http://www.proxybuilder.com/. After you fill in the information you want for your proxy site, it will give you the download link for your files. Then all you have to do is upload the files you download to your web host and you've got your own proxy website. If you find a free hosting site, you can make as many of these as you want!
NOTE***If your site gets blocked, just make another account with the free hosting service. BUT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU KEEP ALL YOUR ACCOUNTS! DELETE YOUR CURRENT ACCOUNT BEFORE CREATING A NEW ONE TO KEEP THE HOST'S SERVER CLEAN!

GOOD LUCK!

Edited by Paul - paulsbeboskinz (see edit history)

Thank you, sir. At my old school they used a filter called Bess which I think was part of Novell Client which was the networking service. Bess was a really tricky filter and they updated everyday, blocking new gaming site, proxies, and anything fun. The only way I could get around it was by using Firefox and finding proxy lists online and then entering them into the Network ---> Connection options. However, I will give this service a try, and hopefully it works. However, I have a question, do the proxies created by the service allow downloading, JavaScript, cookies, and flash and shock wave content to be visible. I know when I use the Proxy settings I can use all those features, but with various in site proxies I have been unable to.

GOOD LUCK!

I would just buy a proxy address and insert it in my browser. So, I have no website to use and my account will not be blocked.

I would just buy a proxy address and insert it in my browser. So, I have no website to use and my account will not be blocked.

There is no need to buy a proxy address : there are a lot of free proxies addresses around here. Besides the fact that you will have to know how to chain proxies, the problem with buying a proxy address is that, as soon as your school discovers the name of your proxy, it will be added in the forbidden sites list and you will have lost your money paying a useless proxy address.