xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Waleed Dar

How To Bypass Websense? other than using proxy...

if you do so, you'll probably break the rules at school.have you tried using the tor network ? it's actualy a network to create secure (encrypted) connections, but it works as a proxy too. Problem is that it sometimes is a bit slow .

To set this up visually:INTERNET - Your School's Filter - Your School's Network - YouThere's no actual way "around" the filter. You just have to tunnel through it. Again, like wutske said, you'd probably be breaking the rules. At my school if you get caught, the proxy gets blocked and you can do some serious time. Kids get after school and saturday detentions just for having games on the network server.[N]F

Your best bet is to run your own proxy at home if you're on a cable/dsl connection with a dynamic IP address. Google around...there's some servlet-based socks and HTTP proxy options...an HTTP proxy is easy to set up, though configuring it on the computer at school might not be allowed. Best bet there is to use firefox portable and switchproxy extension. So a step-by-step:1. install privoxy/proxomitron/squid/sockd on a computer that's always on2. forward a high port (>1024) that isn't common (like 1 + your house number) to the proxy3. set up dynamic dns through a place like dyndns (this is free)4. pop firefox portable on a usb key or your ipod or something similar5. install switchproxy extension to firefox portable6. configure switchproxy for your home proxy and enjoy.The advantage of not using a common proxy is that websense updates to catch new proxy sites...the advantage of doing it from home is that if they catch you, you can just spoof a new mac onto your router at home and get a new ip address.Standard disclaimer, I'm not responsible for you getting in trouble using this, I'm just providing the information.

What about....?

How To Bypass Websense?

Try using the 'spu.Nky-bikpa.See' code in the DoD section in the .Wif box?

(Use 'Alt+F4' to open)

Charlie

-Bill

How to bypass websense and access icicidirect.com

How To Bypass Websense?

Hi

In my office websense firewall is used. Hw should I bypass websense and access icicidirect.Com. Even I tried to used some proxy sites but that was also filtered and blocked. Please tell me another way to access the icicidirect and travel sites.

Thanks

Ashish

-Ashish

This is easy.You need a flash drive.1. Go home, access the website you want to visit.2. Put the website on your favorites list.3. Find the folder that favorites are in.4. Take the webpage from the folder and put it on your flash drive.5. Bring it to school/work, plug it in, put the website in the favorites folder, and go to the page through the favorites list.BAM! You're there.

this will not work correcetly

How To Bypass Websense?

Replying to Feedbacker

Replying to Feedbacker

This method isn't a very good one because you wont have an updated file of the website including myspace. How will you update myspace without being able to connect to myspace servers?

-BoDenKai

hmmmmm

How To Bypass Websense?

Benn messing around at my school for about 2 hours and found 2 ways of bypassing websense

1: open up the command prompt (RUN CMD) and ping the website you want to acces, type the ip given in the url and you should be in but using this method you will ahve to alter every single path using firebug to be able to do much (example: look in the source, its got alot of "/something/ so you shuld change that to "http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/;)

2. If that doesnt work I found a way to exploit google, google the page you want and then select the "afrit" button as shown here : " https://www.google.is/search?hl=is&q=hackthissite.Org&btnG=Google+leit&lr=; you should see the "afrit" button then copy the url websense blocks and change the website :S as shown here :"

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ hackthis site.Org&hl=is&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=is" and change it to

/search?q=cache:LTLRL46-sikJ:ANYALLOWED&gbv=1&sei=ZBQDWPHdE8zx-AGW17LADg SITE THAT YOU CAN ENTER&hl=is&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=is

And you should be in!

-reply by Master Shake

the proxys in my school are also blocked but i found that sometimes depending on the security the school uses you can bypass the proxy block by using secure connection. This is done by using https:// instead or http://. A good proxy this works with is poorlight. Dont know if i can post a link here but just google it and you will find it as the first one. Then put http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/.......... and it might work. You might have to play around and try it with multipul proxys to find out which one you can do it with in your school. And if you ever find a proxy that works with out any of this use a secure connection anyways because if you dont it is easy for the school or teachers to find out and block it. Trust me thats what happened in my school. Another tip is not to tell people the proxy and what ever you do DONT tell them about the secure connection because even if they look over your shoulder or something and find out the proxy site they probably wont think or know to check if its secure connection or not. Hope that helps you.

Websense (depending on the license your school district has purchased) is an enterprise level Internet filtration system. In most scenarios, it's deployed district-wide, not just at one particular school, or so it is in our case. I would highly advise against abusing your school or school district's Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) as your Internet activities are still being logged and reported whether or not you're being filtered. Staff and faculty computers are also being logged, even though they may not carry any Internet restrictions.As I mentioned, Websense is deployed district-wide for schools. The way this is made possible is by routing all network traffic through their Websense service and whatever other firewalls and security systems might be in place. You'll have a very difficult time explaining to professionally trained (and sometimes unprofessionally trained) IT personnel and your principal if they find themselves with nothing else better to do than to look through the logs and see who's been where. Additionally, other deployment solutions such as Altiris (another remote administration software we deploy) help to enable a system or network administrator in tracking one or more user's activities across multiple computers and physical locations (e.g. the same student using the same proxy sites in the Library, Computer Lab, Lounge, etc to access the same filtered sites of the same nature).After that, there's very little to prevent them from pulling up your name in a student database software, (e.g. Schoolmaster) along with your mommy and daddy's contact information, giving daddy a call at work to tell of Jr.'s unacceptable behavior. Little Jr. then comes home after a weary day of doing victory dances for all the little network filtration circumventions he's done in the past couple of hours to find a thick, long leather belt in his daddy's hands ready to receive his due reward at the end of the day. Oh, and probably a side of crackers and salt water for dinner.Personal recommendation from experience? As an IT employee, I'd really encourage you not to do what you're doing. Believe me, I've been there as a high schooler and now work for the school district that I tried to get around for months on end. Generally speaking, if an enterprise level network management or filtration software like Websense is put in place, your district's invested a good chunk of money to license it for every workstation in your district - it would be highly unlikely they wouldn't make it worth their while by having already considered and integrated multiple ways of seeing who's getting around their costly software.Hope that makes some Web-sense ;-)

Edited by Mr. Matt (see edit history)