xisto Community
Hillary1405241547

Removing Information From Google Search Engine

I just searched my name and I found a couple of sites I had made some years back and I want to know if there is a way of how to remove this information from Google search engine. All of them were submitted automatically from blogging sites I use...like for example: Friendster, MyPetsPages...etc.

I am also very interested by this question. I have very important things I want to be worldwide know on my site, the info being widely distributed by Google.And I also have things I would like to keep private, for my family or for my friends, and I would like those things not to be indexed by Google. Is this possible ? How should we proceed, in order to remove an information from Google ?

well there is something you can do, by uploading a robot text to your site you can prevent all search engines from indexing your site, mind you your site would have to wait until the search engine go through your site again.

http://www.mcanerin.com/EN/search-engine/robots-txt.asp

That link will help you set up that robot text file automatically, to save you the time of typing everything out.

I am also very interested by this question. I have very important things I want to be worldwide know on my site, the info being widely distributed by Google.

And I also have things I would like to keep private, for my family or for my friends, and I would like those things not to be indexed by Google.

Is this possible ? How should we proceed, in order to remove an information from Google ?

If you want that any search engine don't index some pages of your website then you must use a robots.txt file and inside there you put this:

# any search engine will not index the following folder and it's contents

User-agent: *

Disallow: /folder/

You can also tell the search engines to do not index some kind of file by following the same rules.

Visit The Web Robots Pages for more information.

Best regards,

well there is something you can do, by uploading a robot text to your site you can prevent all search engines from indexing your site, mind you your site would have to wait until the search engine go through your site again.

That link will help you set up that robot text file automatically, to save you the time of typing everything out.

Yeah, excellent link, thanks.

Best regards,

Just happens I was wondering about this myself yesterday. Many thanks for the links, I managed to request an entire site removal at google.Nice site dashboard management system there.

Yeah, just also note you won't get any search engine traffic if you block bots from accessing your entire site. You won't get any traffic easily, you couldn't intergrate your own site search unless your site is database powered, and you'd have to advertise like mad if you wanted visitors.

I don't like being googled as much as the next guy, but you have to deal with it.

[N]F

If you have control of the site, you can either perm redirect it to another site (301 or 302, i forget which one it is) or make sure that every page on there 404's out, then submit the site back to the crawler. When the googlebot finds 404's more than a few times it drops pages off the index. There's another complicated procedure for takedown of cached content, but the easiest way is to make the googlebot understand that site is dead.

How can I disable the autocomplete feature in the Google search engine?Removing Information From Google Search Engine

Please, can someone tell me how I can disable the auto complete in the Google search engine. I found out how to do it in Firefox, but I cannot find it for Google. I find this very frustrating!!

Thank you in dvance...

William

------- Admin Reply

Please go to your BROWSER settings and clear "Form data".

In googling up my name I find myself associated with an offensive web site. ?? I am concerned to contact them for removal, as to give my e-mail address may further implicate my association.What can I do?Thank you.-reply by Mike

In googling up my name I find myself associated with an offensive web site. ?? I am concerned to contact them for removal, as to give my e-mail address may further implicate my association.What can I do?

Thank you.

-reply by Mike

Personnally, I guess that you should first have a look at that offensive web site and see if this site explicitly mentions your name. Then, you should contact this site and find a way forcing them to remove your name from this site.
The problem is not the fact that google mentions the offending site : this is a real fact. The real problem is that the offending site mentions your name. Only the offending site is the guilty one.

You can try contacting google and ask them to remove that page from the search results. Here is the official procedure on how to contact them :
https://www.google.com/

As Yordan mentioned, make sure that the website you want to complain about is explicitly mentioning your name. Also try what surfermac said. This way also works.

County Agency and A Law Reporter / posting links on GoggleRemoving Information From Google Search Engine

Hello:

Does a County Government Agency have the right to post information about House Foreclosure about a individual ? onto Google ?

A Law Reporter newspaper did the same thing.

Thank you.

-question by Bob Kobar