xisto Community
Hillary1405241547

Removing Information From Google Search Engine

Removing Stuff From GoogleRemoving Information From Google Search Engine

I thought the Internet was the greatest thing for my business.  Once we put up a website we got a lot more calls.  But then someone posted a bad review of my business because they thought our prices were to happy.  I think I know who it was, since we rarely have unhappy customers.  I refunded his money and never heard from him again.  But his negative review came up everytime you Googled my company's name.  I found some company on the Internet, and they helped me get rid of it.  I think it was called Reputation Technologies.  I had to pay money, but it did work.  Hope this never happens again to me, and hope this helps.  Good luck.

-reply by Ray Ashland

Thanks for sharing your experience with us Ray. You brought up an important issue on what should be done when someone posts negative reviews on our site. Do we just remove it? Or keep it visible for everyone to see, as in your case.Personally, I think if the site is a service website, wherein direct contact is involved with the clients, its better to hide such negative comments especially when they are targeted to defame our services and our work. I say this because, in such websites there is no client activity going publicly on the website, so there are no one to back up the negative comments on the site. If the negative comments on price does stay on the website, people who have experience getting such services before would probably know how much the services would usually cost. Such people would be more interested in knowing the quality of service and support.On a public discussion forums, negative comments need to be dealt with care. Deleting such comments might increase the users thirst to post more spam and negative comments. Also if the site forum community is healthy with people satisfied with the activity going around, a few negative comments can not harm the community and its integrity. This would make the spammer/negative comment poster to back off with such activity.

Edited by Spencer (see edit history)

Hi HillaryBased on some of the research that I have done, as well as what some “experts” have told me, there is completely no way to erase information that has been indexed by search engines.Since most people do not browse the latter pages of Google, I suggest you try out the services of http://www.repmanagementfirm.com/. What they do is push down any information that you do not want to see on the first pages of Google (especially page.1) and will replace it with information about you that you would rather see online. Hope that helps!

-reply by Earl

I saw a news report about services that can hide search results linked to your name that you want to get rid of. They make it so that if someone searches on your name, the unwanted search result will come up last. The cost is about $30 per search result. I didn't catch the name of the business.

-reply by Gleek

How do I remove profile & other personal info. from google which was obtained via facebook.Removing Information From Google Search Engine

I recently became a member of face book.  Today I received a text message stating that face book had indexed our information to google.  If the "allow index" box was checked, then those files were indexed to google. I googled my name and sure enough my profile info is there as well as my home address along with a map to find me.  I think this is dangerous.  Google doesn't know who is in hiding maybe from an abusive loved one or someone else.  Their site could lead the bad guy straight to you.  I would like to know how I can have my personal information removed from google.

-question by clair terborg

How can I remove or change order of information posted on google about myselfRemoving Information From Google Search Engine

Please I am wondering how information that is posted about myself can be removed or how the order of this information can be changed? I want certain searches not to come up at the top when I am being googled.  

-question by Linda

ReputecRemoving Information From Google Search Engine

If you have tried everything else yet the information you want to get rid of remains, I suggest you hire Reputec. They can get rid of the negative links in only a couple of months and also come up with positive PRs. 

-reply by Toni Gonza

how to remove page from facebook on googleRemoving Information From Google Search Engine

I just want to remove my search from google! not the whole thing. I deleted my account from facebook but I still appear on google. I need help to remove it but free 

-reply by Kay kay

Remove blog from google name searchRemoving Information From Google Search EngineWhen I looked my name up under google search, I found an old blog that I wroteOn a diary website. It was not something I wanted published if people do search my name. How do I remove this info under search name?-reply by Pamela D. Hood

-reply by Toni Gonza

Actually search results can be removed from Google, without having to pay for it (once that content had been removed). Here are a couple of examples:

Remove information from Google: Remove a page or site from Google's search results

Search issues: Contact a site's webmaster

Do note, however, that Google says:

If you want to remove content from Google's search results, that content should first be removed from the web or blocked from search engines. We run into a lot of people who think that Google runs the web and controls all the sites on it, but that's really not the case. The sites in Google's search results are controlled by those sites' webmasters.

Just don't panic and think about what exactly needs to be done; & here's an example of how to panic: if that's what you prefer. :D:)

I just searched my name and I found a couple of sites I had made some years back and I want to know if there is a way of how to remove this information from Google search engine. All of them were submitted automatically from blogging sites I use...like for example: Friendster, MyPetsPages...etc.

If you own the website you want to be removed from the google index then it is not much like a problem. You can use the removal facility provided at the google's webmaster tools. The problem is in removing your pages that are hosted on websites that you do not own. For example if you write for an online content site and all your articles are hosted on that site and you want them to be removed from the google index it is not going to be an easy task because you cannot use the simple Google's webmaster tools and simply delete the pages because you do not own the website on which your content is hosted. You are just a member of it and without the owner of the website the content is going no where and will remain indexed by the google. In this case all you can do is to request the owner of the website to remove the content from the google index for you and then only the owner can remove the pages from the index

I just wanted you guys to know,

Removing something from Google, doesn't always remove them from other search engines like Yahoo and Bing!.
Even if you do add the required code to block search engine bots, there are still malicious bots that doesn't follow rules that will index your information. :P

Publishing your information on the Internet is a risk, :P

Sources:

robotstxt.org - How do I prevent robots from scanning my site?
robotstxt.org - Can I block just bad robots?

How can I disable the autocomplete feature in the Google search engine?

Removing Information From Google Search Engine

<p>Please, can someone tell me how I can disable the auto complete in the Google search engine. I found out how to do it in Firefox, but I cannot find it for Google. I find this very frustrating!!</p>

<p>Thank you in dvance...</p>

<p>William</p>

<p>------- Admin Reply</p>

<p> Please go to your BROWSER settings and clear "Form data". </p>

It's probably cheaper to buy a new laptop than sending it to a disk repair service. Anyway, it' sounds like a hardware issue to me. Could you download Prime95 and let it run for a couple of hours ? (after starting Prime, just say 'Just stress testing', choose the 'blend' option and press ok. If something is wrong with your memory or cpu, the test will stop. Btw, your laptop might be unresponsive while stresstesting, just let it roll :P

Go to: https://www.google.com/preferences?hl=en

Under the heading Autocomplete, select "Do not provide query predictions in the search box."

If that option is not available, it may under another heading Google Instant. Select "Do not use Google Instant".

These options should disable the autocomplete window that appears under the Google search textbox.

Note: These intructions only work for the web-based Google search. Browsers with search text fields may have their own preferences elsewhere.

Want to remove keyword from autocomplete googlesearch suggestion globaly Removing Information From Google Search Engine

Dear all,

I want to remove phrase from Google auto search suggestion globally not only from my own computer. I want to remove and no can see in their suggestion.

-reply by Dhirendra