xisto Community
tyƒoon™

Freedomain.co.nr - Get A .co.nr Domain For Free Thats right With NO POP-UPS OR ADVERTISMENTS

I have 4 co.cc domains...I like more the co.nr domains than co.cc...But I have a question, Does have the co.nr domain DNS control? Because if co.nr domains don´t have DNS controls is the same like .tk domains, a lost of time...Please can you secure me if co.nr have DNS control, please?Regards.

Some updates from free domain world:

.tk now doesn't put ads, yeah those big banners at the top are no more.

uni.cc are back up, thanks for a member here for letting us know about that.

@fermin25: No co.nr don't have dns control and they probably never will. For dns one you can use uni.cc domains. If you want dns control for path forwarding, co.nr offers that.

other infos, co.cc isn't totally free. AFAIK, it's free for the first year, and you have to pay if you still want to use that. it works like this :

# you get free subdomain (you.co.cc)

# you create website and your site becomes bigger and bigger

# you love your site, and lots of ppl come to your site

# your domain expires, but you already love that domain (and lost of your friends already familiar with that domain)

# you buy the domain >_<

uni.cc's domain is 1 letter longer than co.cc, but you can use it free and you just need to put a small banner anywhere you like in your page.. i always put it in the footer or the bottom of sidebar ;p

Some updates from free domain world:

.tk now doesn't put ads, yeah those big banners at the top are no more.

uni.cc are back up, thanks for a member here for letting us know about that.

@fermin25: No co.nr don't have dns control and they probably never will. For dns one you can use uni.cc domains. If you want dns control for path forwarding, co.nr offers that.

new free domains cz.ccFreedomain.co.nr - Get A .co.nr Domain For Free

I would suggest to all here to checkout 

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Its the same service (full DNS control etc.) like co.Cc or uni.Cc just without ANY costs or ANY ads. Its just new and great - there are site going up like crazy right now.

Recommended!

Don't use co.nr. They are really bad, and can only be used as a redirect. They also have the legal right to take away the domain from you at any time. I don't think that they would do it, but they can legally take it away. co.cc is better, but not as good as a top level domain.

I used to use co.nr very long time ago and I just checked if my domain there is still available and it seems to work, it redirects to a page which says that the site has moved to a different location, they didn't remove it even though there was no traffic.I can say that, for some sites co.nr is quite alright, even though Today it's not so hard to get a top level domain.. :D

The domain name .co.nr are worst than co.cc domain names. I recommend to all of you keep posting and collect at least $10.00 and buy a .com, .net or .org domain name. Come on guys we have the oportunity to have a domain and free web hosting only posting and recommending this great service so you can waste your time with those bad domains that ruin your websites because nobody take seriously a website with a free domain or redirection. I particullary hate these "companies" that only put you a trap and make money with the ignorant users who prefers to have a co.cc domain before the .com, .net or .org serious domains that you can get only posting in this forums. So keep posting and don´t waste your times with these services that only hurt your tries to get a good website like the famous websites.This is only a advise of course but if you want still using this service the tutorial is simple:Go to co.nr site and open a free account and configure to point to your websites. If you don´t know how to configure and point a domain to your account press Alt+F4 rigth now. Nobody can buy or get a service if doesn´t know how to use it.So I recommend to keep posting and get a serious domain name with the Xisto team but if you want to use the co.nr free domains I let you the tutorial below.

Apparently co.nr doesn't work anymore. I mean, they do, but they are now not taking anymore new websites into their system...I checked last time and it's true. They've been rejecting people for more than a month now, and you can tell that they are not updating anything or rather because they don't have a post on it in their news page. So they might have run out of resources, thought the sites that are using co.nr are still working with their domain name.

Yes,.co.nr is not accepting new members to their service. I think they hit limit of their database for maintaining accounts. Or maybe they're going to launch paid service or ad-based service like.tk. Maybe we've to ask their support for why they're down.

.tk domain is better as of now if one can't afford posting here or online purchase. co.cc is also one good option for those who want to go with free option. .co.cc isn't that professional and people don't consider those sites as credible. But atleast for small forum-motion and forum-jump forum or small blogspot blogs. It is good option.

I agree. I'd actually rather see a site on a subdomain than a co.cc. But I'd rather see somebody on a co.cc than a co.nr or a uni.cc. co.cc to me makes it look like you are trying to hide the fact that you don't have a domain, and are using something as close to a top level domain as you can get. I used to do that, but I just got a domain (and later another). No search engines will rank you high with a .co.nr or .co.cc site, and I've seen very few sites that have a pagerank with these "domains".I have seen quite a few sites that are on free forum hosts or even Xisto or Xisto that are ranked high in google.