xisto Community
swinkid

Which Operating System Is Better? Its a poll

Witch operating system is better?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted Windows XP because it's the simpliest OS in all the list ,teh majority of the progarms taht we deal with work with it with no problems.I use to work with vista too , but i hated it since it's a little bit complicated , and has a lot of security measures that don't help me;)If you want to use a cracked program (wich is illegal by the way) then you will find a big problem in installing or working with it on Vista , XP is great.But if you are broke , and don't want to encourage micro$oft then use Linux , it's a very good alternative

I voted Windows XP because it's the simpliest OS in all the list ,teh majority of the progarms taht we deal with work with it with no problems.I use to work with vista too , but i hated it since it's a little bit complicated , and has a lot of security measures that don't help me;)
If you want to use a cracked program (wich is illegal by the way) then you will find a big problem in installing or working with it on Vista , XP is great.
But if you are broke , and don't want to encourage micro$oft then use Linux , it's a very good alternative

Wrong... you won't find a bug problem or something when installing on Vista or Seven if the program it's prepared for that operating systems. And if the program doesn't starts or you get error, you can always simulate Windows XP from it's properties and you should get the program running. :P

Oh yeah Windows XP is winning!!

This is simply a paradox."Windows XP" is winning simply because of the way the poll has been written.
Peple are satisfied with XP, and are not satisfied with Windows Vista.
So, if the poll was simply stating "Windows", people who hate windows would probably give more votes against windows, than votes of the peoples satisfied with XP. :P
Sorry, this a little bit of philosophy, but please remember that a poll shows the way most people answer the poll questions, it could not reflect the truth concerning the technical subject below. :P

This is simply a paradox."Windows XP" is winning simply because of the way the poll has been written.
Peple are satisfied with XP, and are not satisfied with Windows Vista.
So, if the poll was simply stating "Windows", people who hate windows would probably give more votes against windows, than votes of the peoples satisfied with XP. :o
Sorry, this a little bit of philosophy, but please remember that a poll shows the way most people answer the poll questions, it could not reflect the truth concerning the technical subject below. :P

You should try Windows Seven or even Vista and then compare them with the old school XP. Trust me, you will be glad that you sill don't use XP, like me. I loved XP when I didn't had the performances for the big guys like Vista and Seven but when I've upgraded my hardware and installed Vista operating system, I tough the same that I wrote above. Try my suggestion, you won't regret. :P

You should try Windows Seven or even Vista and then compare them with the old school XP. Trust me, you will be glad that you sill don't use XP, like me. I loved XP when I didn't had the performances for the big guys like Vista and Seven but when I've upgraded my hardware and installed Vista operating system, I tough the same that I wrote above. Try my suggestion, you won't regret. :P

If you leave out Vista I could say that I totaly agree :P . Tough sometimes I'm still happy to use XP because it's actually quite simple compared to 7 and thus less prone to errors (and of course, 10 years of bugfixing did help in that process).

I prefer windows over linux because it gets my work done. Just because linux is free and people have some hippe aegnda i don't use it for that. Photoshop, cad and some other softwares work good under windows and that is the reason i prefer to use windows. It's possible to run windows apps under linux, but why take pain and get constant crashes. I also switched to MS-Office after using and wasting countless hours of slow text processing from openoffice. Now that open office is under oracle people are moving to libre office, so that's the trouble with linux. If it gets my work i'll use it else it's waste. My vote goes to windows xp and windows 7 for their robustness and software availability and less crashing compared to vista. I think i'll move to windows 7 completely in future, not sure exactly when but yeah at the end of 2011 perhaps ?

i am voting for other since windows 7 isn't on here, windows 7 is fast reliable and has alot of features. it has the stabilty of windows xp while keeping the looks of vista. and lets face you would only ever use vista for its looks since its bugs and glitches are nightmares to cope with. thats why i stuck to windows xp it ran better and stayed that way. vista required constant reinstalls to keep it running fast and reinstalling the enitre os was annoying so i downgraded, formatting stops vista from trying to stop you downgrading. which is another annoying thing about vista it tries to stop you downgrading to a better os.

I have made the switch to Mac from Windows and I'm here to stay, a loyal fan. However, I definitely could see myself making an entirely new jump into the direction of Linux, but not for a long time. Mac has become my favorite.. especially since I was used to having to defrag and do so much system maintenance with Windows. Used to spend hours just getting the OS to run normally again. Don't have to worry about that with Mac.

Well Vote =]

I would have to say, windows 7, due to a better system overall. More beautiful, more functionality.
For this time frame though (few years ago) Xp is winner. And Nice Forum Necro =)
Edited by xamire (see edit history)