xisto Community
BooZker

What Is Your Most Used Software?

The list is long but I will mention the top ones:Outlook 2005MS Visual Studio 2005MS SQL Server 2005Media player for songsFirefox for surfingSoapbox for inter-office jabber serverIn any case, necessity drives software usage.

My most used software would have to be...(not in any particular order):

* Microsoft Word

* Mozilla Firefox

* Windows Media Player

* VPSKEYS (for typing Vietnamese text)

* AVG (it's always on)

* Microsoft Encarta (everything Microsoft seems to be good)

* Encarta Dictionary Tools (inclusive of Microsoft Encarta)

* Spybot

* Adobe PHOTOSHOP - most loved :ph34r:

* SmartFTP

All my other programs are hardly ever in use. :)

Top used applications:1. Opera2. Rainlendar3. Advanced Diary (I write a lot, okay?)4. American Online (It's not my fault my dad's signed up with AOL for internet access. >_<)5. Last.fm6. Mozilla ThunderbirdAnd, um, *coughs* that's all. I used to be a fanatic user of Firefox, but I've sort of fallen in love with Opera now and am unable to return to the memory leaks of Firefox. My list is terribly short compared to everyone else's, but that's because I don't use a lot of other programs nowadays, since I spend most of my time either reading or writing. Other software I regularly, constantly run is Notepad and Windows Media Player.Serena

ok, i use:photoshop cs2paint.netnotepad++flash mxwinrarnotepadfirefoxcore ftp liteaudacityadobe reader 8click and design (program that came with my cd labeller)and a few others i use sometimes like open office, macromedia director and occasionally dreamweaver and winamp for shoutcast

Edited by Sten (see edit history)

My PC is very loaded so I’m not going to list all the software that’s installed on it, but just the stuff I can’t live without.The PrimoPDF driverAdobe Acrobat ReaderAlcohol 120EZ Macros from American SystemsAntiVir PersonalEdition ClassicantiWord for WindowsApache Web ServerAstyle Java Code BeautifierBitTorrentCacheViewCamStudioCcleanerCMS RapidShare Link GrabberCode InspectorCost Centers PlusCreateCDCygWinDCPlusPlusWink from DebugModeDivX PlayerDU MeterEasy Video JoinereMuleSUPER from eRightSoftFile SplitterFileZilla FTP ServerFlashGetFreecorderAdvanced Administrative ToolsGoogle TalkGoogle Web Acceleratorgsar for Windows (low-level hex search and replace power tool)K-Meleon (browser)Ad-Aware SE Personal from LavasoftFlash MX from MacromediaFixed Assets PlusMagicISOMega Manager from MegauploadMicrosoft OfficeMiro (open source media player)MySQL ServerFireFoxLotus ScreenCam RecorderMplayerncFTPNo-IP Direct Update ClientoDCOracle Express Edition Database ServerPDF2TEXTPerl from ActiveStatePowerISOPrivoxyProcess ExplorerProcess ScannerQuickSliceToad for Oracle from Quest SoftwareRealPlayerRegScrubXPRiva FLV EncoderSiteAdvisorSkypeSlingPlayer from Sling MediaSpyBot Search and DestroySquid for Windows (proxy server software)TCP OptimizertightVNC ServerTotal CommanderTuneUp Utilities 2006TweakMASTERUltra Flash Video FLV ConverterUltra Video JoinerUltraEditUndiskerSpeedUpMyPC from UniblueVLC Player from VideoLAN (I use it very often as a video streaming server)Viewpoint Media PlayerVMware Playerwget for WindowsWinampWinMerge (the original version, the newer ones suck)Yahoo MessengerAnd a piece of software written by a former coworker and good friend of mine, that aims to recreate the effects available in GIMP, but does a better job. The effects it can do are:accented edges, angled strokes, bas relief, chalk and charcoal, charcoal, chrome, colored pencil, conte crayon, craquelure, crosshatch, cutout, dark strokes, diffuse glow, dry brush, film grain, fresco, glass, glowing edges, grain, graphic pen, halftone pattern, ink outlines, mosaic tiles, neon glow, note paper, ocean ripple, paint daubs, palette knife, patchwork, photocopy, plaster, plastic wrap, poster edges, reticulation, rough pastels, smudge stick, spatter, sponge, sprayed strokes, stained glass, stamp, sumi-e, texturizer, torn edges, underpainting, water paper, watercolor, and many others.His program does not yet have a name, but if someone is interested in the pre-alpha version, let me know, he is actually interested in having it thoroughly tested by other people.

Faststone Maxview, it replaces the windows image & fax viewer (and windows galleler in vista) and since I view a lot of photos it's quite obvious this is the most used.Next on the list are Opera and Mercury Messenger (=alternative messenger), speaks for itself.Others are:faststone image resizerimage analyzerthe gimpmedia player classicmicrosoft synctoymicrosoft virtualpcRMclock (for changing the FID and VID of my laptops cpu)Serious Samurize (widget, shows the cpu usage and remaining battery time on top of every app)cdburnerxpfloat's mobile agentI have a lot more apps I use a lot, but I'm not going to list all of them :P

What is your most used software on your current system? Do not count anything that is default on your PC such as Windows Movie Maker or Windows Media Player

Why not if you decide to use them, well knowing of the alternatives? Wouldn't make too much sense to exclude it. Posted Image

Anyways,

Firefox

Irfanview

Media Player Classic

Ventrilo

Xfire

Download Accelerator Plus

Xchat

Windows Media Player

Windows Live Messenger (Plus!)

Adobe Photoshop CS 2

SmartFTP

Netlimiter 2

Azureus

Microsoft Office Word 07

Picasa

R (Statistical Software package)

winRAR

Nero 7 Ultra Edition

Fraps

Gmail Notifier

NOD32

About it. About all of them used on a daily basis.

As for games software ATM

No One Lives Forever 2

World of Warcraft

By the way Alegis, are you happy with NetLimiter? Which features are you using from what it offers?I was tempted at some point to install it, I downloaded the installation kit, but never got around to actually installing it.

firefox

visual studio

azureus

vlc

winamp

adobe reader

office (word, access)

win live messenger

notepad++

-reply by brama

The most used piece of software that I use on my computer is Google Chrome. 90% of the time when I log on to my computer, it is the first program that I open. After that, I visit facebook along with all of the other websites that I check daily.The next program that I use often is probably either Audacity or Adobe Audition. I personally own a condenser microphone that I use to record vocals, instruments, etc. so I find myself tinkering with the settings on the program.Now I am just going to list all of the other programs:Photoshop CS3 (editing photos and pictures), Microsoft Word (typing up essays for English :/), Skype (chatting with my friends), Minecraft.exe (a super fun game =) ), iTunes (syncing more music), VLC Media Player (I prefer this over Windows Media Player), FileZilla (FTP), fraps (recording gameplay), Noteworthy Composer 2 (I use this to hear sheet music to get an idea of what a song sounds like), AutoIT v3 (I usually use this to help me access things more rapidly), Dreamweaver (WYSIWYG), Lightscreen (takes screenshots), Google Desktop (it looks kind of cool), and WinSCP and putty for my iPod Touch (SSH).I use each of these programs frequently. Some are used more than the other but I use each program at least once a week at the very least.