xisto Community
BooZker

What Is Your Most Used Software?

What i always keep running in the background is:Norton internet securityRealteak HD audio managerBroadcom controllerNvidia control panelOpera browserDu meter (bandwith monitor)Xfire (gaming chat program)The programs that i use reguarly are:Winamp - music/video/otherstuffPhotoshop - picture editing/designmIRC - irc chat clientMsn messenger - chatTeamspeak - chatVentrilo -chatI'm sure there's more but i'm just too tired to list them :)-HellFire

Wow, I never really thought about this before until I saw the thread title. Not in order of frequency:

1) Winamp

2) Firefox

3) VERITAS RecordNow DX (very nice app for burning material to recordable CDs and DVDs)

4) TMPGEnc (for making my videos DVD and VCD compatible)

5) Yohoho! Puzzle Pirates application (the online game for those of us with neither the time nor the funds for World of Warcraft! [/kidding])

6) VLC media player (I already thought it was a really handy program, but then I learned that it can also be used to stream video in from my Pinnacle AV/DV card, so now it has become much more of a necessity to me.)

7) dbPowerAmp Music Converter (this app can change virtually any audio file format backwards and forwards with just a drop-down menu - I love it!)

8) MonkeyBongo's set of cellphone applications (now that I have a phone better suited to downloaded ringtones and wallpapers, these free apps are my current "programs I can't stop tinkering with")

9) SRip32 (very simple, no frills screen capturing program for your desktop, but I've never had it give me grief)

10) Yahoo! Widget Engine (I recommend the ColorBurn widget for you design-types)

I used to mess around more with video editing, but I really need to clean out a lot of old work from my hard drives before I get back into that.

hmmm, lets see here-msn messenger in absolutely no order except the order they pop into my head...-yahoo messenger-xfire-google talk-winamp-firefox-opera-photoshop-ms word-ms access-bit comet-ad aware-spybot search and destroy-adobe acrobat

Well.. even though I used to see myself as a huge computer geek, nowadays I could say my most used software would be Firefox, Windows Messenger Live, iTunes and the windows default calculator. :)When I program (which hardly happens anymore), I use a WAMP (Windows, Apahce, MySQL, and PHP) configuration. For C++ programming I used CodeBlocks, as I find it an excellent IDE. Oh, I forgot to mention Notepad++ which is an excellent substitution for the stupid Windows notepad. And.. I think that's pretty much it!

This is quite easy ;)

The most used software must be Mozilla Firefox. If the computer is turned on, so is Firefox. Since I have permanent access to the Internet, it would be a shame if I did something else ;)

Next, there are two messengers that I use - MSN (it's slow, but all my friends use it) and GTalk (another perfect piece of software from Google)

Of course, I musn't forget WinAmp! I guess I'm a music freak when it comes to certain bands, so I have to listen to them 24/7 :)

Total Commander - one who claims to be a computer geek, but doesn't use this - he/she must be lying :P

Notepad :) - yeah, I do use the good old Notepad ;) It is usually when there are is some fixing that needs to be done on my web sites.

Besides Notepad, I also use Dreamweaver MX, because it is easier for creating CSS files, because of the highlighting.

Photoshop CS2 - Although I'm not very good at it, I still have to use it when designing a template. But sometimes, when I have the inspiration, I make something for deviantART :D

You might notice that I haven't mentioned a mail client. That's because I use GMail 99% of my time. However, I still get mail regularly on my "root" account, which I check through Mozilla Thunderbird. I didn't start it for two month, and when I did, I saw that I had 70 new e-mails ;)

Strange I didn't see this topic earlier.. Well as I am currently usually booting to windows, I will talk about it.. All the time I am online when I start the computer, so I usually have Skype, XChat, Gaim, Google Talk online.. WinAmp is always turned on too, but that does not mean it is always playing :) Moreover, my main browser is Opera, so it is usually active and with lots of tabs.. To continue, I regularly turn on ApexDC++ and share some files, I sometimes watch some kind of a movie or play an audio cd using VLC.. Email client is opened and closed once or twice a day.. When I am in a mood, PHP Designer 2006 or Gimp is always active in the task bar and Apache, MySQL services is turned on.. And etc. :)

Avant BrowserMSN Messenger 7.5Adobe Photoshop 7.0.1 MEAdobe ImageReady 7.0.1 MENeroFlashGetWinRARMacromedia Flash 8Your Uninstaller! 2006Microsoft Office Word 2003Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003Microsoft Office Access 2003Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003Microsoft Office Publisher 2003AutoPlay Media Studio 6.0Xilisoft 3GP Video ConverterXilisoft Video ConverterMultilizer 6.1Microsoft ActiveSync :P:P and more ..............

Gamewise at this moment: Posted Image

Battlefield 2

Dawn of War: Winter Assault

Windows Live Messenger

Windows Media Player

X-Chat 2 (IRC client)

Mozilla Firefox

SmartFTP (FTP client)

Gmail notifier

Download Accelerator Plus

Xfire (gaming chat client)

Irfanview (images)

And Ventrilo/Hamachi now and then. Occasionally photoshop when needed.

The start menu says IE is top, but I havn't used that in months.Opera - Fantastic broswer with tons of stuff without pluginsPaint - Obvious.SwiftSwitch - What I play Runescape with.mIRC - Currently unistalled, but I used it a lot.The next few aren't on the start menu, but I do use more than weekly.Limewire - Need my musicRealplayer - Need to play it.Notepad2 - To edit.

I use these the most :-Opera, for browsing-Windows Live Messenger-Rapid PHP, for coding-Smart FTP-Photoshop CS 9.0-Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007-Winamp Pro-Limewire Pro

1. Firefox2. MSN Messenger3. Winamp4. Adobe Photoshop5. AIMFrom time to time there are also games that I play a lot... Real games like Sims 2 and Sim City 4 and also Windows games, like Pinball 3D and Freecell ;-)

FirefoxThunderbirdGaimLaunchy <- must try if you never heard of it beforeGoogle DesktopeclipseVisual Studio 2003Ypop!FilezillaFlashGet7zTortoiseSVNSQLYogeMuleuTorrentSpeedfanMedia Player ClassicSygate FirewallAVG AntivirusTopmost clock...... the list continues

Edited by faulty.lee (see edit history)