xisto Community
heavensounds

The Fastest Browser nice study has been done

Well the reason Opera is fast is it's due to the fact for some strange reason the browser optimizes HTML and CSS a lot better then FF and IE the acid test proved that. I don't about the cache stats for the browsers.The only problem FF2 has right now is loading ajax because in ff2 it takes forever for trap to load, most likely theirs somewrong in the coding for the shoutbox, so I been using IE7 to go to trap while I use FF for everything else. I don't know if FF 3 has worked the kinks out forcoding ajax but most likely they will by the time full version comes out.Of course I got IE7, FF2, Opera and netscape installed on my laptop but I only use IE7 and FF for every day use, go figure.

True, Opera's faster in parsing pages, but it's also faster in actual browser loading time, closing time, yadda yadda, too.

It's quite fast, but suffers from IE syndrome, where it waits until the majority of the web page has been loaded before displaying it.

Opera gives you the ability to modify those settings in the preferences (if i'm not mistaken), under the Advanced tab, under Browsing, under Loading. Opera, for me, opens up about as fast as K-Meleon and Internet Explorer. Sometimes Internet Explorer takes a little longer to open up. After using Opera, Firefox, or any other quick-page-rendering browser, then going into Internet Explorer, everything feels slow. I have basically everything i need in Opera. The widgets are a nice addition, and with each new release of Opera, more and more websites become compatible—from whichever little are remaining; though i don't really run into problems with the websites i visit. But i admit that Opera takes quite a while to close, while the other browsers close almost instantly. By "close," i mean "it is no longer in the processes list in the task manager," not "the program is no longer viewable on screen;" however, it's not a big deal for me.

There is a new Feature in the Opera browser, too. Sort of like the Firefox Web Developer Extension, but not exactly the same. Having this feature may attract more 'web developers' into the Opera crowd. I know that I use the FF WDE quite a bit to investigate page details and structure, so now that opera lets me do that, I'll most likely start using it more because it seems to load and render pages quicker. I think it preloads off the link list inside the page you are viewing into cache. Not certain.

I haven't used all of the internet browsers before, but I've used the main ones (internet explorer and firefox). I've also seen opera in use but I don't use this browser myself so I'm not really able to comment too much on the speed of this browser.If you don't have enough time to worry about installing additional software to access the internet, Internet Explorer is the best browser to use as it's a default browser which comes with the Microsoft Windows operating systems. However, Firefox doesn't take a long time to download now that nearly everyone has broadband and once the installation program has been installed, the internet browser can be installed in less than 5 minutes, so installation isn't really too much of a problem.Out of Internet Explorer and Firefox, I'd say that the newest version of Internet explorer is faster than Firefox. However, if the browser you were comparing was internet explorer 6 I would say that firefox would be faster. The problem with firefox is, certainly on slower computers, it takes quite a while for the browser to load. Once the web browser has loaded, browsing to websites is quite quick. The slow initial load was the reason I still used Internet Explorer (version 6.0) over Firefox.Some of the people who dislike Microsoft's internet browser would say that it's more vulnerable to attacks as it's a highly used system which Microsoft are supplying to everybody in their operating systems. This may be true, but as an Internet Explorer user I would say that Microsoft have fairly good security and patch up the major problems as soon as they find out about them.At the end of the day, I think it's down to the user which internet browser they wish to use. I also agree that it shouldn't just be speed which people should take into consideration when choosing which web browser to use. There are also other things, such as security and how stable it is. Some browsers are more user friendly than others and different people find different browsers easier to use.Also, I feel that the speed of an internet browser is determined by the user's computer and not by the browser itself.

I personally use Firefox which I think is the best browser. All the sites I use work perfectly in this browser and to admit it, it is pretty fast and a reliable peice of software. I have used Opera on numerous occasions, but to be honest, I haven't stuck to it. Internet Explorer 7, haven't used that really. I have a few times, but it's pretty slow and laggy? Oh well, maybe in the future I will change to Opera. But for now and for the past couple of years, I use Firefox.

Well...that was quite interesting!I am a little biased myself. I used to use IE for the longest time. But then I somehow found an AOL browser! It was awesome at the time because it had tabs! At the time I knew nothing about firefox...somehow I got introduced to it, my friend Vince I believe! Ever since then I have used it. It seems to me to be faster but that isn\'t just it. At the time IE had not been using tabs. That was a plus. They offered built in pop-up blocking. But I really loved the themes and add-ons. Since they allowed everyone to make them it really took off. I agree that some of them aren\'t the best but at least they are out there.My view.-Damen

AOL is eh. It's just something about it that i don't like.I think Opera is really faster when loading, but then again FF can be fixed and stuff where it wouldn't use so much stuff when loading pages. I'm using it right now, with fasterfox, and it's doing pretty good, the only bad thing about it is when it's streaming videos on one page, just the video. I dunno about Opera, but yeah.

I love opera too. But the extension capability of firefox is a killer. Wish Opera offered something like that. Anyways, the fact that it is still does not suport yahoo mail beta and gmail is a bit of a bother. Otherewise it rocks . With a built in email client it sure rocks.

For kummy,
gmail is currently suitable for IE 5.5+, Netscape 7.1+, Mozilla 1.4+, Firefox 0.8+, Safari 1.2.1+

For unsupported browsers like IE 4.0+, Netscape 4.07+, Opera 6.03+, you'll be automatically directed to the basic HTML view of Gmail.
So you will still be able to log in to your Gmail account from these browsers but with limitations.
You will find features missing in unsupported browsers.

To name a few :
Filter creation
Settings
Spell checker
Keyboard shortcuts
Address auto-complete

For access to all of Gmail’s features, sign in to your account from a fully supported browser, and make sure you have cookies and JavaScript enabled.

With Reference from Gmail.com

I use OPERA 9.02 and GMAIL works quite well. no complains. May be it is because I have installed VB supporting plugin I don't know exactly.

I have been a long Mozilla Firefox fan for some time now and just a couple of days ago I installed opera 9 and I thought to myself not having the extensions capability like Firefox is ok because heres a few things that make opera in my opinion better than firefox.* Web pages are rendered way faster in Opera compared to Firefox.* In opera 9 you can block content without an extension like Firefox requires.* If a site doesn't support opera you can make it appear to the site you are using another web browser such as Internet Explorer, Firefox.* Ram and CPU usuage is minimal. Have you seen how much Ram Firefox uses when you have a few tabs open?Definitely agree that opera is the fastest browser and I hope it's popularity grows.

That's right, Opera is the fastest browser.And any browser get slow if you have a dialup connection or a low-speed broadband connection (sadly, they still exist).But I think is more important to have a browser that can navigate safe, with plugins and macros, to make speedier tasks, than a browser that loads and render fast the sites.And you have the option to choose which browser to use... or like me, use several to don't get wrong! :P

Hi, all. I'm an Opera Browser fan. I like it because it has many built in features that are there for you to use right after install. No need to download extra plugins or anything. It has built in email, RSS Feeds. You can make changes to the code of any website and see their affects right away. It has a some very neat preferences that top it over other browsers. According to a recent report by Apple with the launch of their Safari browser BETA, Opera is the slowest browser as compared to Safari, FireFox, IE7. I find this true to some extent. Safari claim that their browser executes JavaScript very fast which is what makes that browser very fast. I have tested all those four browsers. And found that, executing javascript pages does in fact affect a browser's speed directly. Opera is slow at executing JavaScript, as compared to Safari, FireFox and IE7. But if you have a fast enough computer, you wouldn't feel the difference. I still prefer Opera to other browsers. Although I have to use all of them to test my website's compatibility.