xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dodger

Netscape Better Than Ie And Firefox? Netscape is attempting a comeback

Netscape is the one who finances Mozilla Projects (Ex.: Firefox). Firefox is the basic version of Mozilla Browser. All good functions that Firefox has is going or was already been used by Mozilla and all good functions that Mozilla developers create is used by Netscape, so, why Netscape would be better than Firefox? Firefox is the alpha version, Mozilla the beta and Netscape the official version... Almos it but Mozilla is a separate project from Firefox so it might not follow this version of alpha/beta but Netscape is always the last one to have it. It's what i've heard about it.

the skin on the new netscape is really nasty and you cant change it and i thought it was confusing. too many different buttons all over the place. Nobody will ever beat firefox imo :)

I love Firefox. I definetly don't think even a new Netscape could beat Firefox. FF has been completly flawless for me, excellent security, organized, looks great and of course, the tabbing. I honestly didn't know that Netscape was still around anymore. This should be interesting.

I'm sure I've boring with fire.I just use the IE most time but now should be a change I don't think fire is a better choice.

I love Firefox. I definetly don't think even a new Netscape could beat Firefox. FF has been completly flawless for me, excellent security, organized, looks great and of course, the tabbing. I honestly didn't know that Netscape was still around anymore. This should be interesting.
I'm sure I've boring with fire.I just use the IE most time but now should be a change I don't think fire is a better choice.

66852[/snapback]

Install themes and extensions in firefox. in that way, you won't be bored.

well unless netscape becomes a whole lot better than firefox i do not think i am going to change. i have gotten used to using firefox and i like everything about it. it has all my needs at the moment. so unless the netscape browser becomes the best out there by more than just a little, i am not switching.

Ha...If you guys didn't know, Mozilla and Firefox are all built based on Netscape. If you would say firefox is excellent, then Netscape will be Ultimate..If you guys have tried Netscape 8 Beta, you will throw Firefox aside and begin using Netscape...Feature wise,Netscape will top all browsers, followed by Opera, then to Firefox.. Lastly IE...I like firefox, but I still prefer Opera for the incredible speed...I'll turn to Netscape when Netscape 8 is released...:)

actually, Mozilla IS Netscape. Not developed from netscape. Mozilla was the development name for Netscape 4.x a long time ago. After Netscape came out, soon after, Mozilla source was released and it became its own browser. Then, other browsers were spawned from the Mozilla source. One of them being Firefox.Mozilla was named Mozilla because Netscape wanted a browser that would kill Mosaic which was the major internet browser back in the day. Mosaic had the same market share as IE does today. Mozilla is derived from Mosaic-Killer and Godzilla. So, Mozilla is basically godzilla killing mosaic.

In my opinion Firefox is a great browser, it is robust, and secure since it doesnt have ActiceX. I personally like the tabbed browsing, its extremely convienent. I have tried the Netscape beta, and I am not inpressed with it

actually, Mozilla IS Netscape.  Not developed from netscape.  Mozilla was the development name for Netscape 4.x a long time ago.  After Netscape came out, soon after, Mozilla source was released and it became its own browser.  Then, other browsers were spawned from the Mozilla source.  One of them being Firefox.

Mozilla was named Mozilla because Netscape wanted a browser that would kill Mosaic which was the major internet browser back in the day.  Mosaic had the same market share as IE does today.  Mozilla is derived from Mosaic-Killer and Godzilla.  So, Mozilla is basically godzilla killing mosaic.

67505[/snapback]

That's a bit of nice internet history there. I didn't know that. I used Netscape when I started going online and then my computer broke down, so I got a new one, and the new one was using Internet Explorer, I was actually amazed at how good IE was, until recently when lots of errors appear from IE and I eventually switched to Mozilla firefox(My IE can't load at all now). I am still using firefox and I like it very much, not planning to switch back even if I fix my IE.

In my opinion Firefox is a great browser, it is robust, and secure since it doesnt have ActiceX. I personally like the tabbed browsing, its extremely convienent. I have tried the Netscape beta, and I am not inpressed with it

67596[/snapback]

I like tabbed browsing too, and also you can track down your downloads in firefox (not sure if other browsers can do it too). I also like weather forecast to be displayed, and you can do that in firefox if you download the extension, it's really cool.However, RuneScape doesn't load in Mozilla because it requires me to download something....

No, I think FireFox will remain better because it is faster, has the great tabbing feature (easily done with <ctrl> + t), it's come from a line of great products from Mozilla, and will continue to grow and get bigger (it's open source!!!).

Is netscape explorer free???? id just like to know because if it is the best id like to test its capabilities:D

67608[/snapback]

Yes, it is free... You can download it from Netscapehere

HiWell I ain't no big expert but I have to say I am really used to IE. I have also firefox but for some reason the interface gets on my nerves and the whole thing about using it. I have netscape and use it mostly for testing some web pages I create which is not very often lately along with Opera.IE is very easy to use and operate but it is so buggy that I switch to Firefox sometimes.Patrick

firefox is far more better than anything, it is 5 times faster than IE and 3 times faster then netscape... on rank 2 is Opera.. but i'm agree that there are too many security flaw in IE, so does FireFox. but if you are an advance on editing FireFox-opensource-code... that's should be no problem... even my crazy-coding-friend can make his firefox run 8 to 10 faster than IE.

To be honest, it's been a looong time since I've heard Netscape being talked about. I hardly see people using Netscape anymore. I used to have it when I was younger, and it was slow for us. So I went to IE, but I was unsatisfied, and I landed where I am today. A Firefox user.