xisto Community
remters

Rate Google On A Scale Of 1-10 Rate google

i dont wanna be different but i give it a 6...its not until u press the more button that makes it even half good, i just dont like google for some reason.

I give it a 10 for their search engine, email service and google Earth, an 8 for their maps service, a 6 for their google pages feature, a 1 for having to look past google adsense BS to get to the useful content on a page, a 1 for corporate corruption, a 1 for violating my privacy when they collect data about what I look for on the Internet.All in all, I give Google a rating of 4.

It is a good search engine, it does give you good results, it does have some pretty amazing and cool features (I don't know how I would live without Google Earth these days) but I have to agree with dserban - I don't like the idea of google and privacy. They allow you to store all your emails and conversations on their server, they record your search patterns and what you looked up in the search engine, they let you store documents and spreadsheets using their online service. They could know so much about you!Otherwise, a great service :P-jimmy

I guess it has caused a lot of mistrust among all the users, but as far as I am concerned, they can collect any data they want. It's not like they examine each and every user's data! Then just have a script that collects information (to what all of us have probably agreed, as I am sure it is part of the Terms Of Service) and then forms charts and statistical data - or at least that's how I would expect Google to do it. When looked at from that angle, I am glad to be a part of improving their services :P

i would vote it a 10/10!i love google, especially when you add greasmonkey scripts from within firefox. They will dramatically increase your google experence. Also, i google is a really great tool to make customized homepages.you should check it outi set my google to do lots of cool things, such as show me videos when i search normally. i also set it to show me a wikipedia article on the side. also in a greasmonkey script i set it to display images on the right side of the websites search resultsi was reading something that 1/3 of googles results are spyware. i belive this, but if you just surf normally you should not run into any problemsthis is an article on my experiences with google,hope everyone in this forum has or has had a wonderful experiencethanks!! :P

I would rate Google 10/10 because I use it for EVERYTHING.Any question I need answered.. Google is the first place I go.It's my homepage so the first thing I do when I get on the comp. is usually search hehe.

For it's search results I'd give it a 9/10 (perfection doesn't exist, neither does a 10/10).For it's mail service, I'll give it a 8/10 (because of the advertisements).Picasa gets a 5/10 (for having no sub-albums and bad Opera support)Other things don't get a rating because I hardly use them.And for it interfering too much with my life, I'd give it a 6/10.

I would rate it 9/10. Personally I use a lot of my time in email. 80% of my time will be there and the rest will be around. Didn't came across an email app as powerful as GMAIL. I'm loving it... Highly recommended. I guess most of us use Gmail and already long known about their features. Another reason for it to be 9/10, is because of its googletalk. Perfect sound quality and no laggy comparing with skype, msn ... etc. Tried quite a few and found this is the best. (If anyone found a better program, let me know)Other app about google, not tried so far. Abit on calendar. so here it is. Cheers

I would rate it a 7 or 8. It is a great search engine I cannot deny that. The best one on the internet by far (at least in my opinion. However, I have found that they are sometimes un-relyable. I have heard many people have problems with the staff mostly in the ad-words and ad-sense part of Google's site. I like how it automaticly translates websites of a different language and how they have sence of humor (things here and there are quite funny like when you zoom in on google moon). I really like google's email gmail mostly because it has free POP3. Igoogle provides a good Dock like program for people that don't your Apple computers. I also like google tool bar. Very handy page rank and spell check (two of the best tools on my web browser). I hope google fixs its errors with Ad-sense then I would be able to rate them a 9 or 10. I would still recomend Google over Yahoo or Ask.That is my opinion,Sparkx

6 out of 10. It's one of the best engines out there, but it still has its issues. It tends to give me almost completely irrelevant hits that will repeat for several pages. I agree that the automatic language translator is funny. It's the main problem of direct translations. The grammar never makes sense, and sometimes words aren't even in the correct context.

personally, i think it deserves a 6. sure it helps with finding stuff for homework and other things you need to research about. despite my rating, i think it's the best search engine ever. but why a 6? because it has failed me countless times and one time i suddenly downloaded a virus! so google, thank you, but no thank you.

Google now has a new program called "Business Referral Representative". They will pay you $10 per store for walking in, taking pictures, determining store hours, payment methods, etc...

More on this at:

https://www.google.com/services/local-businals/repfaq.html

Don't you think that Google is taking over every possible application, business on the web? Look at this page. Their application are increasing. :P

Hmm.. and Google Ads are crazily everywhere..