xisto Community
remters

Rate Google On A Scale Of 1-10 Rate google

10/10.Incredibly simple to use with no need of random links and images you don't care about. Just the pure and simple search engine without bells and whistles. Plus, now that iGoogle is out, you can customize is to your liking, including themes that are time sensitive (which refresh on their own btw).

I'm going with 10/10, sure there is plenty of things they could do to make it better for *me*, but as it is, it's not really a problem or a nuisance in any manner.I can usually find exactly what I want, in a reasonably sufficient amount of time, gmail/google mail works well enough (although a tad slowish), the interfaces are simple and fairly clean and easy enough to use.Heck even the calculator is good lol.

Heck even the calculator is good lol.

Ah, dear gods! I have forgotten the calculator! Google's calculator is the best that I've ever found. I especially enjoy its unit conversion feature (I'm too lazy to remember that a micrometer is 1 x 10^-6 m and stuff like that); it's quite useful when I'm working on homework. The calculator picks up on words exactly the way I want it too...absolutely great.
As for other improvements...well, for Google calendar, they ought to offer to do lists that you can check off as you finish each item. Currently I'm using Google Notebook as a to-do-list, which works well, but it doesn't have automatic "mark as finished" buttons, which are very useful.

I also think Google Reader should have search. I mean, come on, Google is a search giant; how can it possibly lack its main feature on such a great product?

Ah, dear gods! I have forgotten the calculator! Google's calculator is the best that I've ever found. I especially enjoy its unit conversion feature (I'm too lazy to remember that a micrometer is 1 x 10^-6 m and stuff like that); it's quite useful when I'm working on homework. The calculator picks up on words exactly the way I want it too...absolutely great.
As for other improvements...well, for Google calendar, they ought to offer to do lists that you can check off as you finish each item. Currently I'm using Google Notebook as a to-do-list, which works well, but it doesn't have automatic "mark as finished" buttons, which are very useful.

I also think Google Reader should have search. I mean, come on, Google is a search giant; how can it possibly lack its main feature on such a great product?

I am absolutely there on you with that one again lol. Still can't get over the fact that it accepts so much English into in-place of pure mathematical designated symbols, it quite frankly kicks butt.

Unit conversion is definitely one of the most handiest features, being able to go back and forth without a hitch, some plain English goes a long way with Google B).

What will they do next, eh lol.

Hello everyone ,Google is the best all the way , I dont think any other email site offers the apps for your domain service that google offers ,Just register a domain name and run to google and you will have 50 emails @yourdomain.com , Many other services are also offered for free for webmasters domain owners , about google search engine it is I think the most accurete search engine onlinealthough some other search engine offer the same search classes but google is the fastest in finding images and videos , also google bot is one smart piece of art in programming why google bot is late at indexing ? I know it may take some more days to be indexed than other search engine but considering your site will show on google search results I bet it worth to wait , yahoo also warn you that it might take up to two months to be indexed without telling why , While google experts give you some good tips and tricks to be faster indexed and higher ranked nobody trys to quickly help you with others , considering google offers are aprox. totally free I think you will be surprised my site was indexed in 3 days at google search engine just by following some tips and change some meta tags took about 15 mins and teach me how to be google friend , what else can you say about search engines is not all are free , most of them loaded with advertisments of all kinds ( 18+ dating sites ) . So I give google 10/10 Thank you

I give Google 9/10 because it has everything. i mean as well as the standard website searching, they have image, news, maps, Gmail and video plus the best of all ... clutter free!!! i hate how yahoo have all these useless stuff on there front page while Google just go straight to the point with the main page dedicated to the search box B). Only when you log in with your google account, clutter comes on the main page such as the weather and latest news but i don't save any of my passwords on my computer anyway!

I would rate Google a 8/10. I like that it loads quickly, has a streamlined, simple design, and brings relevant results most of the time. It's also nice that they have such a wide variety of services too, and the special logo designs on (inter)national holidays are pretty cool (I actually try to save them, if I go to Google on that day XD). But GMail, to me, is kind of scary; I don't really like the layout; the rounded corners really look weird with the whole design, but maybe that's only because it's viewed in Opera? Hmm.

But another reason why Google lost marks in my opinion is because of a recent article I read about Google's privacy practices. The article is from 24 Hours Vol. 4 No. 148, June 11, 2007 in the Technology section (p. 16).

Google ripped in privacy watchdog's report

Google Inc.'s privacy practices are the worst among the Internet's top destinations.

That's according to a watchdog group seeking to intensify the recent focus on how to the online search leader handles personal information about its users.

In a report released Saturday, London-based Privacy International assigned Google its lowest possible grade.

The category is reserved for companies with "comprehensive consumer surveillance and entrenched hostility to privacy."

None of the 22 other surveyed companies - a group that included Yahoo, Microsoft, and AOL - sunk to that level, according to Privacy International.

While a number of other Internet companies have troubling policies, none comes as close to Google to "achieving status as an endemic threat to privacy," Privacy International said in an explanation of its findings.

Maybe Privacy International is biased, but this article makes me more wary of exactly what Google - and other companies - do with all the information they collect.

Despite all the small things that prevent Google from being the best search engine ever with perfect...well, everything, I still end up using Google because firstly, it's Opera's default search engine. Secondly, I've gotten used to using Google. It's become a habit. Though the new way they've positioned the other search links (like Image Search, Froogle) is a bit disorienting; I still blindly click on where they used to be once upon a time. XD

Serena

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

It loads fast

It's never down

It gives me relevant results each and every time

It doesn't bloat the results page with javascript/AJAX - it lets you search for what you want and nothing else

Its Pagerank system is fair

You can use it as a calculator, a dictionary, and as many other useful things

Edited by Jewbacca (see edit history)

i would give Google a good 9/10. i use it so often, and find it to be the easiest to use, and the most simplistic search engine. also with their other services, like google maps, it makes it great <_<