xisto Community
remters

Rate Google On A Scale Of 1-10 Rate google

Rate google! 1-10

1=omfg it sucks

10=OMFG best ever!

then explain why

My vote would be 9! I love google in every way! Soo many sites no popups! Right on for what you need! Never fails me! Infact got to here from google!

Notice from http://forums.xisto.com/user/2411-apache/
'>miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG:
Topic title edited to reflect nature of content better. Please make your topic titles as descriptive as possible.
Edited by miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG (see edit history)

I would probably vote it 8/10.Simple because, they are a great service but somethings take time, just say, submitting your site to google. It probably wont get on the listings for a few weeks, maybe even months.But overall google is great. They offer a wide range of searching tools and programs that prove to be very helpful to some people.

i personally whould give google a 9/10, meaning it's one of the best sites ever... why ? it's simple : because i use it every day... and a site that i am using every day means that it's great...you get the info you need, whenever you need... and it's kinda tough to imagine what the internet whould be like without an exact and fast search engine like google... !Google Earth is also great, and also Google Images... I don't like Google Talk... but i'm sure it will get better soon !

I dunno... 8?...9?...10?... its the only search engine I use, they spawned the only email I use, and they seem reliable in searches and its fast and a light weight page. Cool features. I don't see any flaws but don't use others enough to really compare, no complaints whatsoever though.

Ok, I'll give nine out of ten as Google seems to be the only search engine I have been using since the beginning of my online activity. And all of us know that Google returns the best relavant results from the internet out of millions of websites within a fraction of a second and thus makes our job simple. However, as Google takes some time to index pages of your websites completelely, so, sometimes, it becomes rathur frustrating to wait and watch after submitting the site to Google.

Ok, I'll give nine out of ten as Google seems to be the only search engine I have been using since the beginning of my online activity. And all of us know that Google returns the best relavant results from the internet out of millions of websites within a fraction of a second and thus makes our job simple. However, as Google takes some time to index pages of your websites completelely, so, sometimes, it becomes rathur frustrating to wait and watch after submitting the site to Google.

i give it a 10 out of 10 because it's got everything! you can shop in froogle, get directions from maps.google, news, sports, health, search engine. it's the most used and has the best search results than the other ones.

I'd give google a 9 out of 10 because of how simply easy and fast it is to use.The reason it's a 9 and not a 10 is because you can never give anything a ten because then there's no room for imporovement!

Google has its advantages and disadvantages. To rate it on a scale accurately, would require a lot of work. But in my own honest opinion, I would give the whole company a 9/10. If they were to continue their greatness and not be consumed by corruption, then they will be a 10/10 in my eyes.

I rate 8/10Good points:Is a company that it not only invests in the company, more invests in the entire Internet, it earns and the users earn together, either information, money or any another thing…Bad points: My only bad point is the it lacks of transparency on google adsense =/i up this topic therefore it is very interesting to argue on google, after all it whom it orders in the Internet is not truth;)?

Edited by word (see edit history)

I have to say that I would give it a 10/10...simply because it is so much better than everything else....You go to other search engines are their pages are cluttered with all kinds of stuff, and take forever to load....google on the other hand is very simple, and very fast to load.Also, I find that the search results on google are a better than the ones on other sites, they seem much more relevant....

Well, I'd say around 8-9ish out of ten. Google is a nice site: it's simplistic and gets to the point in search. I've seen too many search sites that are littered with junk everywhere. Not only does that take a long time to load (and with search, the shorter time it takes for a search engine to load, the more time you have to actually get to the juicy parts of the search), it also hurts your eyes and distracts you from what you want.

I've got to say though, that when I originally started using Google in third grade, I was actually attracted to use it entirely because of its design. I liked the O's that it used right above each search page and thought that was a very unique idea. Although I have since decided that Google's design is evidently not the best in the world, it's the best for what it does.

Of course, there are issues--lots and lots of people have complained about adsense. And of course, Google's recent buying trend doesn't make it much different than other corporate giants--if you can't beat your competitors, just buy 'em out. Bad mentality there. We need more competition to actually improve. Look at what happened to Microsoft without competition.

Frankly, I also think Google needs a bit more competition. As long as it has a main rival, it will be forced to improve its search engine and not just stay stagnant like it seems to have been doing recently. I also think it'd be nice just to have more choices: currently my choices are Google, MSN, Yahoo and Askjeeves. Frankly, the last three aren't very useful at all, so they really leave me with no choice but Google. With good competition, Google can be driven further.

On a scale of 1-10, I would rate Google 9/10.

Why?
* We can't "flick" through cached page history. (Okay, that sounds too advanced.)
* Google is easy to use, yes, but should be optimised to something like the front page of http://de.alamy.com/.
* The colour scheme looks a tad boring.
* Can't customised it. (Again, this a tad too advanced also.)

That's about it...because it's just about perfect. :ph34r:

I would say 8-9/10, if talking about google, the search engine and not its over services, I really like the simplicity and that it is working on most/all browsers the same, except for some browsers without css.. I would really be unhappy if they would make their search "cooler" by getting a new design or something and even though I see the same colour scheme for a lot of years, I didn't really get bored, you can create and customizable google search for yourself and change to the colours you want, but I think that there is no better scheme than the white, black, blue :ph34r:

Yes, I love Google!! I would give it a 9/10.Google is the "Well Done" version of web services. In other words: is like the Coca-Cola, and the other are ONLY "Pepsi".My Internet experience has changed drastically since I use Google: probably the best ever search engine, Gmail(beta): If that is a beta, Imagine what will be the stable version!!!. You can chat via Jabber and to have a web messenger(my dream 4 years later). There is also the calendar with reminders, and many other not well know tools to help not only your PIM(Personal Information Management), there are also tools for communities, developers. Very nice personal settings and... and... and... (as said in spanish) "googlea" to know more.Why not a 10/10?, because Google is in that way :ph34r:Anyway, that would be nice to read post about the "bad" of Google.

Edited by develCuy (see edit history)

* Google is easy to use, yes, but should be optimised to something like the front page of http://de.alamy.com/.

Mmmmm...while the design on that page may or may not be more appealing than Google's (it depends on opinion, and frankly, I think it fits too much to the Web 2.0 cliche). Here, however, is some solid reasons why Google might not want to migrate the Web 2.0 way. Let's take a look at the speed report of the site alamy.com:

Connection Rate Download Time14.4K 33.42 seconds
28.8K 17.81 seconds
33.6K 15.58 seconds
56K 10.23 seconds
ISDN 128K 4.66 seconds
T1 1.44Mbps 2.41 seconds

Source: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Then look at the speed report for Google.com:

Connection Rate Download Time14.4K 8.96 seconds
28.8K 4.78 seconds
33.6K 4.18 seconds
56K 2.75 seconds
ISDN 128K 1.26 seconds
T1 1.44Mbps 0.66 seconds

Google.com is evidently a lot faster than alamy.com. So if they want to cater to the most users, it's better to use their current design as it is obviously faster. Users probably won't be happy if they have to wait 10 seconds just for the page to load without a response of some sort from the page.