xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tobias

Astahost's New Look... The forums new look...

What does everyone think of the new Xisto forum look?

I personally think it has more negatives that it does positives. The new look is good, the organization of subforums is good, the scrolling time is bad, I think the order that the forum topics is bad also, and I think the placement of your current amount of hosting credits is bad.

Positive: I do like the new look of the forum, it's got a crisp feeling to it; not mostly grays like the previous look. I like the way the colors compliment eachother.

Positive: The organization and navigation of the subforums is much better than the previous forum. Since you're able to see the subforums from the main page of the forum it results in less clicking and quicker navigation, but like the loading time of the forum is slower.

Negative: Like I said before, I don't like the new scrolling time of the forum or the time it takes to load. They're both slower than the previous forum. Now when I scroll down/up, it seems like the page lags behind the scroll bar and it blurs and things of that sort.

Negative: I think the order of the forum topics isn't as good as the last forum. Introductions and Welcomes is toward the bottom of the forum, why would it not be at the top? If I was new here, I would expect the Introductions to be at the top so that it's quicker for a new member to introduce themselves.

Negative: The placement of your current amount of hosting credits is bad. I liked how the last forum had them at the top of the page so that as soon as you got on, you saw how many you had or how many you needed to unsuspend your account. Now that they're at the bottom, you have to take time to scroll to the bottom of the page to look for them.

I think overall Xisto's previous forum was better than this one. While the new color scheme is good, that's about the only new thing I'm seeing that is a positive for the new forum. Oh yeah, I wasn't able to locate the Arcade button... did they remove that? I hope not, I had fun playing the forum games.

that is really intriging! I would really have to agree to all of your reasons on the new forum boards. I have to admit i really like the vibe that the new colors and features of the forum board. :( The things that really get on my nerves is the shout out box and the position of the hosting credits. They need to put the hosting credits back to its original spot or a place where it is easily accessable for members that want to review their credits and to know when to start posting on the boards agian. The shout out box has some kind of glich in the coding cuase the little border doesn't extend all the way to the bottom of the messages.

Oh wow, I didn't even notice the shoutbox. It does look like something is wrong with the coding for the border. Hopefully that and the load and scroll time are fixed...

In any case I much prefer the more sober Blue-Grey skin. One can change the skin from the drop down box at the bottom of the page. SparAzero needs more work before it can confidently present itself to the community.I agree with tobias - Please put the Hosting Credits stats box as close to the top of thepage as possible. It's immensely convenient and serves as a visual reminder when one's credits start getting low.

I am also agreed with the other membres here. Hosting Credits should be put above as they was earlier. There are a lot of flaws in the current skin. I think the adminisistrators has installed the skin for testing here. If it is than it is very bad.This skin is very bad for above 800*600 monitor resolution monitors.

And I miss the "recent topics" and "recent posts" on the startpage. Now I have to click on "view new posts" first, perhaps these posts could be shown on the startpage again?GreetingZ

hey, the changes are good, now I can get in the 2nd page of a topic directly.However, the forum list is too long. and the worst thing is that HOSTING CREDITS is located all the way down to bottom.Before the changes, I can know how mcuh credits I have. But now I have scroll down to the very end.

OK, I've said this before and I'll say it again. We are working on getting the skins sorted. Mainly because the site was upgraded, we have to reinstall all extra's Xisto's old board had. This means a huge workload. We are aware of 90% of the problems, we do greatly appreciate any members input :( The Credits Hosting section is now back on top (we had some issues and wanted it back on top - which took some work)Now I am going offline because my baby sister is sick and I am going to try and have her rest some.

This is exactly what I figured would happen. Completely upgrade the entire forum and everybody wants to complain about the placement of their hosting credits.I mean really, did you all think that the skin without an Xisto logo was going to be the final design.The forum needed to be upgraded and as a result some of the features from the prvious version didn't want to play nice. One of those things was the old skin. So a substitute was needed. We gave SparAzero a shot and quickly realized that that wasn't an option.A gray-blue skin was used for a few hours in order to get the feel of the old Xisto even though not all of the main page features were in the old locations. Really bothers me where the location bar is now but that can be resolved.Ultimately the forum will get a new skin that was developed for Xisto. It will be a skin that will set the look of this forum apart from all of the rest. These things take time though. Please be patient. The staff is doing their best to keep up with the changes.vujsa

What does everyone think of the new Xisto forum look?

I personally think it has more negatives that it does positives.  The new look is good, the organization of subforums is good, the scrolling time is bad, I think the order that the forum topics is bad also, and I think the placement of your current amount of hosting credits is bad.

Positive: I do like the new look of the forum, it's got a crisp feeling to it; not mostly grays like the previous look.  I like the way the colors compliment eachother.

Positive: The organization and navigation of the subforums is much better than the previous forum.  Since you're able to see the subforums from the main page of the forum it results in less clicking and quicker navigation, but like the loading time of the forum is slower.

Negative: Like I said before, I don't like the new scrolling time of the forum or the time it takes to load.  They're both slower than the previous forum.  Now when I scroll down/up, it seems like the page lags behind the scroll bar and it blurs and things of that sort.

Negative: I think the order of the forum topics isn't as good as the last forum.  Introductions and Welcomes is toward the bottom of the forum, why would it not be at the top?  If I was new here, I would expect the Introductions to be at the top so that it's quicker for a new member to introduce themselves.

Negative: The placement of your current amount of hosting credits is bad.  I liked how the last forum had them at the top of the page so that as soon as you got on, you saw how many you had or how many you needed to unsuspend your account.  Now that they're at the bottom, you have to take time to scroll to the bottom of the page to look for them.

I think overall Xisto's previous forum was better than this one.  While the new color scheme is good, that's about the only new thing I'm seeing that is a positive for the new forum.  Oh yeah, I wasn't able to locate the Arcade button... did they remove that?  I hope not, I had fun playing the forum games.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I never saw the old look, but this look seems great to me. Its easy to use and fully functional. The homepage is pretty cool looking. I wish my site looked that good. This whole set up is a lot better than anything I have seen before.

I much prefer they look they've gone with at this time. The look they used last night, like I've already said had some problems to me. The colors still work well together, and the scroll and load time have been fixed. I wasn't knocking Xisto for their work, I was just simply voicing my opinion before.

I like the new look, and maybe its because I haven't been here very long that I don't find many problems with it. The color scheme is a lot better. I don't have to scroll down to find my hosting credits that i have at the moment so that doesn't bother me. The forums seem to fill the page now and there isn't as much "white space" as there was before. I don't mind the order of the forums since I really never use them anyway, and I just post on the new topics. I have used the forums to post a topic before, and I really don't find them to be all that difficult. I honestly like th font of the "my controls" and the "view new post" links. It makes them stand out and as someone said before, it looks crisp. I dont think i really understand what you all find so negative about the new forum look.