xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tobias

Astahost's New Look... The forums new look...

I like this new style. It's more bland, which I kinda like more than the other curvy one. This makes it feel like clicking things is faster too! I rather keep this new style than that old one. Also, how the shout out box looks is better too. I think keeping it like this will be more great than the other one in my opinion.

hmm, too be honest, I've seen better forum before :D .The colors are ok, but realy, organisation (as said in 1st post) is bad. I prefer to give the forum priority, not the shoutbox or credit area.Other downside is the empty space between posts, is this a bug or something ???Ow, and I'm not too fancy with the buttons,just my 2 cents

Other downside is the empty space between posts, is this a bug or something ???

Empty space betwenn the posts? I think most of us get advertisments between the posts. If you don't, what browser are you using? How did you do it? (One possibility would be editing the .hosts-file I guess.
New style is so much better, easy scrolling and faster loading of the whole page.

GreetingZ

The advertisement code has to be separately included in the skin templates - I guess opaque had done it for the curvy skin - but left it out in the lite version.. no wonder you keep seeing blank spaces instead of ads. Will be taken up soon - opaque's city's in a real bad shape. They're suffering from incessant rains and massive flooding for past one week continuously. His city, mumbai's in a complete mess.. utter havoc everywhere.. flood relief going in from everywhere.. hundreds of people washed away to the sea I believe..Sad.. very sad..

I dunno, I don't pay too much attention to the look of the forum, just the post. I always click on the View New Post section anyway so I guess nothing really bothers me. I'm a blue fan, so I guess I kind of enjoy it. But I must say, it has this flat blocky look to it. Kind of like you're looking at a piece of paper. I'm a fan of curves and shadows and highlights. I like lots of detail. hehe. I thought that when I got on today it looked different, but I wasn't sure because I haven't been on for about 6 days now. The font still looks the same, which is a plus because I really enjoy the font. Like I said, the color scheme is pretty. I'm not too picky of a person though, so you all are probably picking out every problem and I'm just like, okay, sure. But I always think that their is room for improvement. So Xisto, do as you may and do as you must. <~ Wow, that was corny sounding.

The advertisement code has to be separately included in the skin templates - I guess opaque had done it for the curvy skin - but left it out in the lite version.. no wonder you keep seeing blank spaces instead of ads.

Oh, but me, I DO SEE lots of ads here, and many of them are even in my language! Guess I love these ads so much, I will never ever edit my .hosts-file. :D

Did something happen the past few weeks? I was offline (at least from Xisto) for about a month or so, I come back, and the board looks different again. O_o. Still no reputation points, not that I'm complaining, the pretty little pictures that say member, hosted and moderator look cool, but what happened to the pretty Xisto banner? And font is a little wonky on Safari, or maybe it's intended. O_o.But yeah, is Opaque himself alright? Read about the floods, got a little worried.

The whole thing is now whored into becoming something that looks like crap, in my opinion. I mean the whole entire layout now looks EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL. It really does. Seriously, if you're shelling out the cash for bandwidth in exchange for members, you have to look like a professional, don't you? And I liked the idea of the small text. I really did. Sure, normal people can't read it, but it makes people post longer forms of text for the admins to judge of exceptable quality, doesn't it? And the new toolbar is blurry as heck and looks like a crappy shrine dedicated to whoring your website.Honestly, you need the old professional layout to look like you mean business. And by business, I mean a community, not some phony ezboard!

Yeah, what happened to the old one?I know Opaque's in a spot of bother (hope he's okay), but why should that effect the forum theme? I liked the new-old one, but this new-new one is horrible - relly bland, and half the things don't work as they should.

I know Opaque's in a spot of bother (hope he's okay)

What's up with OpaQue? I really hope he's all right. If that's the reason for this new theme then I'm perfectly okay by it. I do like the old one but it really doesn't matter as long as everyone's all right.
So what's wrong with OpaQue?

I just gotta figure out how to do a signature / avatar and i'm rolling =)

Go to My Controls. There, under Personal Profile, you will find Edit Signature and Edit Avatar. For your Avatar, save the picture into My Pictures under My Documents. Then upload that picture in Edit Avatar. But for a Signature, you need an image host. Make your own sig (you will find a tutorial here) and save it in My Pictures. Go to http://www.imageshack.us/ and upload your picture there. Copy the URL for your image and past it in Edit Signature. Hope that'll help.
On-topic:
One thing I've noticed about the layout is that it has no images. If you want to use an image hosted by this board, you can upload them as Pips. Find the URLs of your images and use them as your layout. It works for invisionfree (trust me, I've tried it) and I'm sure it'll work for invisionboard.

What's up with OpaQue? I really hope he's all right. If that's the reason for this new theme then I'm perfectly okay by it. I do like the old one but it really doesn't matter as long as everyone's all right.
So what's wrong with OpaQue?

M^E mentioned it earlier:

"opaque's city's in a real bad shape. They're suffering from incessant rains and massive flooding for past one week continuously. His city, mumbai's in a complete mess.. utter havoc everywhere.. flood relief going in from everywhere.. hundreds of people washed away to the sea I believe..
Sad.. very sad.. "

Regarding the floods and storms in Mumbai, you may want to look at this:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

If a mod could add this to my above post, it would be appreciated.