xisto Community
tcave

Do Aliens Really Exist? Hot Debate! do they really exist?

I'm not touching this debate with a 10 foot pole. One does not crack all the mysteries of a 17 billion-year-old universe with an 8 ounce brain.I will say however, that our society's current concept of alien-life is really quite laughable when you look at all of the very terrestrial characteristics imposed on little gray aliens, and all of star trek's aliens who happen to look and behave exactly like humans with the exception of some foam-latex facial prosthetics. If you want examples of entirely different ecosystems, look at our own oceans beyond where sunlight can penetrate. As there are different environmental requirements, there are different adaptations. Tube worms surviving off from energy expelled from thermal vents, etc. We can't even really say if intelligence to the point of sentience is a favorable adaptation yet as humans, as we exist now, have only been around for about 50,000 years. Horseshoe crabs have been around for about 300 million years. We can't even say that we're the most successful form of multicellular life now as copepods represent the majority of the planets biomass. Evolutionary success is measured by environmental compatibility and how well an organism can achieve equilibrium. Organisms that can’t keep up or consume too much are always short lived.

Yes I believe that other being exist, it is a large Galaxy/Universe after all, it can't just be a random occurance, there has got to be other life giving planets out there and also there has to be civilizations out there as well, it not that hard to comprehend. This world can only think of itself at the moment but one day they will realize this is a truth, not just some random occurance......

ALIENS DO NOT EXIST! I saw a documentary in Discovery Channel once. The went to area 51 and the got a glimpse of a man made UFO controlled by man flying. The Area 51 officials said that the UFO is for spying and locating suspected terrorist. When asked about those big UFO's flyin at night in a group of four, they said: CONFIDENTIAL!This really truly amazingly prove that ALIENS DO NOT EXIST. Only gohost and satan's exist bu NOT ALIENS!

People live on Earth for let's say 35,000 years. Universe have million years. Also Earth won't exist long because sun is getting bigger and will heat Earth so much. So the chance that 'aliens' are somewhere are nothing like human age to universe age is nothing. I think that there might be or will be life on other planets in future, but the chances are not big.

Regardless, I think that the chance of us ever encountering aliens, if they actually exist, is very small.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think KitKat has the right idea here. Considering the size of the universe it is unthinkable that there is not other intellegent life in the universe but this very argument that make their existence likely also makes encountering them just as unlikely. We now know that planets are common but all the ones we know about make the systems they exist in hostile to life because of their large size and wild orbits (try to imagine Jupiter in an orbit that crosses the orbits of earth, venus and mercury). Double stars, variable stars, and flare stars are also common making the suitable conditions for life even more rare.

Of course Kit Kats argument (from the Discovery Channel) based on history would only work if advanced civilizations were usually shortlived or that none have achieved civilization much earlier than we have.

But we can also add the enormous difficulties in the energy and time requirements of interstellar travel to the problem which makes encounters nearly impossible.

I will say however, that our society's current concept of alien-life is really quite laughable when you look at all of the very terrestrial characteristics imposed on little gray aliens, and all of star trek's aliens who happen to look and behave exactly like humans with the exception of some foam-latex facial prosthetics.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Talk about laughable aliens has any seen the movie "Signs" with Mel Gibson in it. I thought that movie was one of the worst ever made. I couldn't stop laughing through the whole thing.

Well holliwood aliens definitely disappointing, but there are books which have done considerable better.

For different biology and psychology there is "Speaker for the Dead" by Orson Scott Card.

For different psychology and sociology there is "Hunter of Worlds", "Cukoos Egg", and "The Faded Sun" by C J Cherryh.

And for little bit of everything there is "Mote in God's Eye" by Niven and Pournelle.

Yeah. Signs had it's... Umm... Moments. :D It did have a nice 'Night of the Living Dead' thing going for it at one point. Anyway, speaking of books, I'd recommend anything by Arthur C. Clarke. He's the author of 2001, 2010, 2061, and finally 3001. These are an excellent series of books that portray space travel very realistically. Coming from a scientific background, Clarke has a pretty substantial well of ideas to draw from and nothing he describes is ever out of the realm of believability. You’ve probably at least heard of 2001 since Stanley Kubrick made a film adaptation, and of course it had the Famous Hal9000. The first was written in the 60s and it had very surprisingly progressive ideas towards computerization, artificial intelligence, space-born, propulsion and ideas on how to make space more livable like means of generating artificial gravity by centrifugal force. The last three books deal with the development of life on Jupiter's moon, Europa, and explore the idea that because Europa is pretty much one vast ocean with an icy shell, it may already be the host to complex multi cellular animal life. There’s a nice scene where a giant mollusk type creature emerges and tries to drag a lander undernieth the ice because it’s attracted to it’s lights. It deals with a lot of themes found in exobiological study. What does life need to perpetuate itself and what are ideal conditions, etc.

I'd have to agree with tcave. I also believe in the bible and I've never heard of anything in the bible supporting evidence of aliens. I think you're right about the UFO's too. The government may be doing that to bring some media into the matter. I think it would be cool if there really were aliens though.

UFO's............Bible.............Theyre all stuff people make up because without hope, there is no meaning for life....People want to believe that there is UFO's so they could keep themselves fasinated and curious... People want to believe religion to give them a reason to live on until theyre old... Without religion a lot of people would probably kill themselves because who wants to live their life if they know once they die then its the end... But ignore me thats just how I feel... everybody is entitled to their own beliefs and feelings.... Freedom of Choice!!Chin chin..

Yeah. Signs had it's... Umm... Moments. :D It did have a nice 'Night of the Living Dead' thing going for it at one point. Anyway, speaking of books, I'd recommend anything by Arthur C. Clarke. He's the author of 2001, 2010, 2061, and finally 3001.

Signs... sheee.... Here are these aliens who have traveled accross the void of space from other stars and they attack by breathing poison gas on people. The swamp monster look was a little strange too. I thought the movie made the Stitch animation look realistic. The movie would have done much better leaving the guys paranoia about aliens without any basis in reality and making it all about the guy coping with his wife's death and his loss of faith.
Yeah I have read a few of Clarke's books. "Rendezvous with Rama" is a favorite I have read many times. I only read "Childhood's End" but I never forgot it. But neither of these (nor 2001 etc) was much of an exploration of what aliens might be like.

Well I remember once somebody told me that we have been sending signals into space for a long time now and we haven't received a signal back. Even though there are aliens, by the time they receive our signals from earth, man kind itself will be extinct.

Well I remember once somebody told me that we have been sending signals into space for a long time now and we haven't received a signal back. Even though there are aliens, by the time they receive our signals from earth, man kind itself will be extinct.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:( Yeah Maybe The Aliens Using More Advanced Signals..! They too might be sending signals and we not Able to recieve them due to they being so Advanced,

Once in discovery channel they told that Aliens are 20 million years ahead of us in technology,

And Many facts surrounded Which are Tough to guess. Also Scientists Have come to know that Pyramids Were giving out Radioactive signals into the space ! No wtalking about the pyramids As the Ancient people say Pyramid can be built in 20 years !

But taking Even todays Latest technology Into considration we cannot Make it in 100 Years time.! So how come Ancient people built that In 20 years time with Olden Technology !

Scientists Clearly told that Pyramids Might be made by aliens..!

Another aspect they covered was The Bermuda triangle !

Why Would one get Vanished there? And No trace left for Whatever that has vanished! Also Many people saw Ufo's Going into the Sea near bermuda triangle !

They are Taking human as captives to Get to learn About humans..! Else You only can tell me that How can planes and ships Just vanish Near bermuda triangle without Leaving a trace ? This proves that Aliens Exist Sure..!

Click here for the list of lost planes

Click here for list of lost Ships

For more info relating Aliens And ufo do refer /legacy

Hope now all think Abt Aliens..!

:(

no i personally do not believe in such stuffs and who has evidence to show they exist?i wld lik to be convinced too!it wld be fun to know some long distance relatives

I believe in them, i also believe the story of jesus being an alien.I mean who could turn water to wine? could be killed and then come back to life? Be born from a virgin? and heal people too? They say he came from above (the stars) so wjats saying he isnt an alien.Also the whole pyramids story too, i mean who would be able to build something that size just by human power? its just not possible. I think we had alien technology all those thousands of years ago but due to mans ignorance, over the years we just forgot everything we were told.

okay, I didn't read all the posts, but I'll try to address some concerns.1. The Bible doesn't prove anything at all. It is based on faith.2. I believe in aliens 100%3. If aliens do exist, they may not be as advanced as we are. There could be planets with life, just not intelligent life.4. Rock samples from Mars have been found to have fossilized bacteria on them, therefore scientists are almsot certain Mars had life on it at one point.5. Even if aliens are aware of our presence, there could be several reasons why the would not communicate.A. No advantage to them (if they are more advanced, then we would just sponge of their knowledge.B. We are a very violent race overall. Aliens could fear our violent nature.C. Lack of respect of planet. This sohuld explain itself, but we screw with our habitat way too much. No aliens want us turning their jungle planet into a desert.D. This one is a common videogame one. The almighty "do not interfere with underdeveloped worlds pact". Because we have not found aliens, they will not interact with us.6. Aliens would only want to meet us either to be allies or to conquer us; there would be no point in giving away their existance to us if they don't care about us.7. Obviously I can't back this up, but I have heard that the government actually has an alien corpse preserved. Whether or not they really do, I'm not sure.Okay, I hope that wasn't too much to handle, I just wanted to get my thoughts out. If you want to post some arguement feel free.