xisto Community
tcave

Do Aliens Really Exist? Hot Debate! do they really exist?

As of now I'm not sure. I believe that there is the possibility. I mean, look at what they have discovered about Mars and such. There is always a possibility for everythin always.

Hmmm I like this debate.... Religion vs Science vs Philosophy (spelling??)I personaly believe the science perspective, we can only see a small proportion of planets in the universe so that means there could be a large number we cant see that could be perfect for holding life. And who's to say that the planet would have to be like ours to form life, we only thing that because we think that the life would be something similar to our own.... Im sure this debate will carry on until some little green men land and decide the answer for us.... BUT are they here already?????

My sister swears she saw an alien when she was younger. In florida she was out walking with a friend and another sister, when she said they saw a green light coming from teh woods. I kno that sounds VERY fake and all but let me inish. She said it was mid day so they decided to go get a sneak at what the light could be. While walkin, before they even stepped into the woods she said they saw a Green *man*? waiving to them..jus siting there and waiving. They ran like h3ll away. I honeslty remember her coming home exhausted and hysterical...I kno how fake that sounds, heck it could of even been a painter with a bag accident...but it sure did convince me.

People! don't be funny. If there is no life in space: that would mean that whole universe is a wasted space. There is something out there. Human race is not the only thing in space. It's just too damn big for one advanced race only...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well calling the Human Race advanced is a bit of the ego running wild now isn't it... When we look at the timeline of The Universe, it's easily recognizable that life has had billions of years to evolve and spread throughout the universe... The Universe is suoopsed to be 15 bn years old.. Our Sun and the Solar system were born about 5 bn years ago.. (point - other star systems which may support life have had a good 5-8 billion years headstart to develop).. After the sun was formed and the solar system took shape - it took a mere 1.2 billion years for the earliest lifeforms to become created on planet Earth (ref). Should other planets around the universe have life, and there are appx one million planets in the Milkyway alone according to 'The Drake Equation' - Drake and Carl Segan, then it's pretty likely that they have had a tremendous head start towards developing life. Even is we suppose that there is a skew towards the development of lifeforms, and looking at planet Earth, we've taken 3.8 billion years to get to life as we know it in it's present state; there must be a higher end to the skew where life may have evolved at a much more rapid pace owing to conditions much more conducive to the evolution of life.

Now in most environments for life to exist, there is competition for resources. competition of any sort forces life to evolve so as to overcome its difficulties, cut out a niche in its environment and thus further eveolve. Luckily for human beings, we've had to face huge odds due to our very construction which does not let us rely on any 'advantage' in a hostile environment; forcing our brains to evolve, and our physical shape to eveolve in a manner in which our physycal beings complement our ability to utilize our brains far more effectively than other creatures.

Now, should there be life out there in the Universe, and even if it is plant form (and life could be of forms and dimentions not even known to human beings) they will most likely be multiple forms of life in any environment capable of supporting life. This will automatically lead to competition for resources and therefore all lifeforms in the environment will be forced to eveolve. If there's even one life that's forced to eveolve (or is naturally capable of evolving) faster than the human race (and we've evolved in 600,000 years since the first *person*-sapien, and looking at the timelines of the universe, that's like a second); then we most likely have a few (I would say a great many) evolved complex lifeforms capable of technology which is eons ahead of ours.

The only way to conclusively prove that life exists in the Universe (other than here on Earth) will be to find it. As soon as we do, we as humans will be forced to evolve at a faster rate - even if the life found is inferior to ours, we will 'know' that there has just got to be some more life there which may be superior. And then the playing field would have become larger - spanning galaxies, and we will have to become superior - just to control resources. I think that's what life is all about - control, intellegence and knowlage - overall the simple act of eveolving to a higher form.

I maintain that in the vastness or this universe, there must be life in another galaxy, here's something from a post I made earlier.We definitely aren't "advanced", assuming we could travel the speed of light, it would take over 10, 000 years to reach the next galaxy, let alone planet with life. Theoretically, suspended animation would be sufficient enough to keep someone alive that distance, however, there isn't enough fuel to travel that distance.Even if we could, there's no guarantee we'll find life in our neighbourhood galaxy, Andromeda (I think), so this means we must travel farther.Assuming we had the technology to do this practically, we must race the universe, which is expanding everyday, here's some numbers: the Earth's revolving at nine hundred miles an hour, orbiting at nineteen miles a second, the everything we can see is moving at a million miles a day. Our galaxy, the "Milky Way", is a spiral shaped galaxy, our solar system is located on an outer spiral arm. It's a hundred thousand light years side to side, in the middle it's sixteen thousand light years thick, where we are it's just three thousand light years thick. We're thirty thousand light years from the center of our galaxy, and go around every two hundred million years, at a speed of forty thousand miles an hour.Which brings up another point, if there is other life, are they advanced enough to reach us? Of course, this calls into question all these UFO sightings, and alien abduction experiences.The alien abductions can be explained quite simply, most of these occurences happen at night, when the abductee is asleep. There is a state of almost paralysis, when your brain is awake generating images and dreaming, but your body is paralyzed.My verdict: Other life exists, but all experiences so far are coincedence and natural phenomenon.

Time Lords, Daleks, Raxicoricofallapatorians, Cybermen, Digi-humans, Proto-humans, Humanish humans, Trees, etc.On a more serious note...Seeing as we've yet to fully explore our own solar system, we've still got the rest of our galaxy and umpteen more galaxies in our universe which could harbour life which could possibly more technologically advanced then us.I think there is life out there, somewhere. The universe is too large for there not to be.

We lived in a mysterious and immense Universe. In our galaxy the Milky Route, exists approximately 200 billion stars. The diameter of our galaxy is considered in 100 thousand years light and our Solar System is located in one of the spiral branches to 30,000 years light of the center. In the Universe there are hundreds of thousands of million galaxies and without considering the last discoveries that speak of dark matter, of exotic particles and the theories about the Parallel Universes! These numbers really do not fit in our imagination, we are customary to work with another type of scales. We are travelling of the beautiful well-known blue ship like planet Earth, where by accidental conditions and mechanisms of evolution, in a remote past the life arose. The illustrious astrophisicist Carl Sagan maintained that "a cosmic evolution of fifteen billion years transformed the matter into life and conscience".But the life, appeared solely in the Earth and we are single in the Universe. Or on the contrary, the life is only a particular case of much more complex a dynamic expression of the Cosmos. The answer to this restlessness has looked for from the antiquity and not yet a clear solution is had from the scientific point of view.But to maintain the idea that only there is life in our small planet, an insignificant sand granite in the immense cosmic beach, does not have sense some from the philosophical point of view. Perhaps we could think that the matter is inserted in a denominated totality Energy or First Matter, and that Energy produces put under certain conditions, the matter that we know, but as the conditions have infinite possibilities, it would be possible also to be spoken of the génesis of other Universes, because the First Energy has flat infinites and infinite forms of life. Podriamos to think that the essence of the First matter is the Unit and that presents/displays the plurality like existencial characteristic. The First Energy also has the characteristic of Super-Intelillent and therefore, there will be so many forms of life as desires it has in that Cosmic Center. Perhaps we could think about the existence of so many Universes whichever dimensions can develop our minds. But generally, the human mind is imprisoned by the time and releasing of that tie we will only be able to understand the Cosmic Unit to us that..Y is perhaps pronounced in multiplicity of forms..., exist cosmic interstices that to each other communicate those Universes.....Por another part, the nature is characterized because as it advances in the sutilidad of the matter, the laws that are valid for a level of the Universe, let be it for other levels. herefore, into each level different from the matter-energy the mental model for the theoretical treatment is due to transform. Something similar to which it happens in the atomic world, where the laws of Newton do not have capacity and we cannot speak of electronic orbits or things of the sort, since in that cosmic level, the Principle of Uncertainty of Heisemberg, is the dominant one. Also the theoretical model is due to transform to include/understand better the dynamics of Macrocosmos. Perhaps, as well as the barrier of the light is a limit for our space-time, for other levels of experience exist other limits given by the conditions of those means.If these thoughts are valid or they approach the reality, because we would have it Life is much more common of which we thought. We are not alone, for example I live in a little country called Colombia, and the world is so big... and so many people live here. Before that the america discovery, the spanish think that there is not life in other part in ther world.. and .... one guy .. discovered... why don't will be life in other planet ? Not like humans, a simple bacteria is life. Just think about it

Well, I agree with you in a sense, aliens might very well exist, but I do not think it is very likely, for now, I will stay at the belief they do not exist until it is proven otherwise with some other sort of evidence. Most of the evidence "presented" in the past, has not quite convinced me. :D

This is an interesting topic. :D Anyway, I did an assignment on this topic for an Astronomy class while I was at university (in Australia) - it was an elective. I discovered some interest theories such the "Dogon" (Mali, Africa) who are believed to have obtained knowledge of the stars from extraterrestrials (from Sirius). There are a number of articles and reports about the Dogon tribe and their knowledge of Astronomy. Here's one link: http://www.unmuseum.org/siriusb.htm

Obviously for reason of not failing, I had to conclude with a "maybe". I had almost full marks for that assignment.

Searching for intelligent beings from other planets, as opposed to bacteria/microscopic organisms, has always been a dream of mine since I was very young. I used to look at the stars a lot. The Universe is immense and I don't think that it is possible that we are alone and the current technology is not adequate enough for this project. But this is my opinion, of course.

Of course, I have read stories (in books/magazines) of people claiming to have seen UFOs and some, alien beings.

Edited by shadowatasta (see edit history)

I am sure that Aliens do exist and we are not alone in this universe.There are many sightings of the aliens ships and nobody can deny this.

I'm not denying that aliens exist, I'm denying that these things have been seen.The technology needed to reach another galaxy is unimaginable nowadays. The speed needed to race the expansion and movement of the universe and it's galaxy is outstanding. I doubt that billion year old humanoid races have the technology to reach us. The people sighting it are mostly under hypnosis or just nutcases. Like I had mentioned earlier, most of these sightings occur at night, when the body is in a state of paralysis, but the mind is still awake. Back to the technology required to race the universe, I seem to recall a NASA spacecraft that was able to go Mach 10. Even then that's only a little over 3.4 kilometres, not much when you're talking about oribiting, revolutions, and expansion.I believe that "aliens" exist, the thought we're alone in this incredibly vast, getting vaster every second universe is absolutely absurd. If we can form on this pea-sized rock called Earth, why can't other life form on other planets?

I also believe that extraterrestials exist. They don't have to be lifeforms like humans and have superior intelligence. They may not have any clear intelligence and they may be like bacteria, but that is life. The goal is to find life in places other than earth not intelligent life. When we find extraterrestial life and confirm it, then we can start looking for intelligent life.There is a wide spectrum of conditons in our universe. A planet with oxygen and water is habitable for humans. But it may be poisonous for another form of life. In earth bacteria had been found in extreme conditons such as hot water springs and cold antarctica. Oxygen is not the only source for metabolic processes. Bacteria using methane, nitogen instead of oxygen have been found living in those extreme conditions. On earth they have not been dominant because the environment of earth favored the oxygen breathing organizms.But in another planet they may have a favorable environment and they may rise to prominence and form intelligent life forms.I don't believe those sightings of aliens and UFOs. They are just imaginations of people and might be done to get attention. All those sightings have some thing in common, the object is like a spinning saucer, and the alien is the typical one on science shows. That shows it.

This is what i told my friend...

Ofcourse they exist...if they didnt, then how would you explain Area 51?
:P

but he sed something confusing back..
so.....
can you guys please help me by expaining that to me?
does Area 51 exist at all?
or is it a rhumour? B)
Thankyou

Alien's exist but not in our universe. I believe that there are other forms of life out there but if thy're in our universe then surely we would have picked up some of there trailes. And afterall God couldn't have made us the only life forms.