xisto Community
tcave

Do Aliens Really Exist? Hot Debate! do they really exist?

I understand your point of view...but God didnt make us as the only Life forms in existance.

For example:

--Plants exist as well as us. They are living as they respire, react to changes in the environment, they grow, they meet all the requirements for them to be classified as living.

-- Animals. Animals exist alongside us. I shouldnt need to explain their lifecycle.

-- Well..thats all i can think of aon the spot at the moment.

But does that explain your Hypothesis?

With billions of galexies and universes "out there", surely the odds of us being the only intelligent life is virtually non-existent?

Exactly! And even though several people (I think) have mentioned Drakeâs Equation there are still a lot of people who donât want to believe in extraterrestrial life.
I know that the equation requires that you believe that we are actually placed in a universe â and not in the centre of some dome⌠And I think most people here believe in the universeâŚ
But instead of saying âThere canât be any aliens because God only created us humansâ letâs hear some arguments!
So far I havenât heard any good arguments for us being the only life forms in space.

that is right... nobody has proof of anything... its going to be a long controversial debate that ends up nowhere... ( not that it hasn't become one ) The reality is anything could be possible... and if you believe something is true, all you have to do is prove it with true facts and everybody will follow and believe ya.... but without any proof, it is just a waste of your time to even mention about it for hours after hours trying to convince another person (like how the other person is trying to convince you)... what would be the conclusion of that? everybody is still going to stubbornly believe what they want to believe and that they are not convinced by the other party... just live and let be.... =) Chin chin....

Sorry; I still have to put my input in this... B) The fact of the matter is this - to assume that there is no other life except life here on Earth is an idiotic assumption - simply put. By default, to even assume we are the only lifeforms in the galaxy is ridiculous. What makes on think that Earth is only world with living inhabitants?!From what I see, assuming that life only exists on Earth is nothing more than being illresponsible - to assume such allows you (in your mind) to be "safe" from anything else that may potentially harm you.I noticed someone else posted about this, and he makes perfect sense: the Bible WAS and HAS been written by humans - over AND over again - each time to justify the modern problems of the world as some divine mock-up. I could not say that in the beginning, the Bible was not of factual, actual scripture - and it may have held truth - but you find now that the Bible has been edited and changed so many times it can no longer be held as credentially as it was.In any case, yes, I believe in other life forms in other planets. You have to look at it in such a way: they are only aliens in our eyes; they are only "life forms". Why can't one the capacity to assume that in the eyes of aliens living in other planets see us as the same?!I leave you with that, and if I could, and you (as in whoever reads this) could understand or have a broader view, this might be of some sense...

To think we are the only ones out here seems almost like arrogance. With so much out there why would anyone think were the only ones? I'm not saying UFOs are flying around or anything but there must be some kind of life out there. Maybe even a life form that is unimaginable to us. Something that doesn't even need water to survive. Who knows what's out there?Just to point out, UFOs are complete nonsense. The idea of it seems so out there. Why would aliens with technology that great use some craft to do surveillance? Even we have satellites. The stories of abductions are also out there. With technology that great you probably wouldn’t even know you were abducted if you were. Even I could use some sort of chemical to knock someone out in their sleep and abduct them without them knowing it.That's my take on everything.

The universe is massive. It's enormous. Think of the earth, pretty big, right? Hundreds of thousands of different kinds of plants and animals live here, and we don't even know what's in some places. To the universe, the earth is nothing. Our galaxy is minute compared to the universe. That's how big it is, and it's constantly expanding. Now, what do you think the chances are, of there being a universe that big, but only one tiny planet that has life on it. It's almost impossible. However, the life would be like nothing we have seen. The planets they lived on would have a different atmosphere, and they'd be a completely different workd, so the life would have evolved completely different to us.

well the universe is probably never-ending? there surely has to be some kind of life in some other solar system, we couldnt possibly actually be alone.somewhere out there is probably a place that is more developed and more intelligent than earth. they might even no about us. i just dont think we are alone.and to them, they would not be aliens. lol, just thought id clear up the aliens bit.

Funny isn't it? Alien simply means life form also means living thing not resembling any human or animal is physiology as we know today. So when you as "Are there aliens in existence?" the answer is a definite yes. If we believe that the Earth is round, and that it revolves around the sun and rotates about an axis, then we already have left Religion behind. (there is no Biblical account of the shape of the earth and of its motion about an axis or around the sun for that matter). If we all believe that there is a solar system, with other planets in it, then without even experimenting, there has to be one planet or two out there that has good enough conditions to support life. Whether they be more advanced than us in technology than us or not is what we will have to leave to our imagination.In my own opinion it is better that they are more advanced in technology so that when we eventually make contact, we will have more to gain than they.

It's a very hard question. Whilst the conditions of life are so delicate that it seems impossible that there be a planet that can sustain life other than earth, that theory makes it hard to believe there was even an earth. So, probably yes, there is, but almost certainly not as advanced as us, and probably just fungi or some other primitive life.

I must agree that this topic has been really informative, although sometimes a bit naive due to usage of religion. I believe science and only science should be answerable to this.As so many others have questioned, how could such a big universe have life only on one random planet (OK maybe not so random, considering its well suitable for sustaining life)? But, then again, it might just be one of those gigantic Free Roaming Worlds being used in quite a few of the new games. Maybe it is huge just so we could spend centuries roaming through it (first we need to find faster transports).On a serious note, I think we are progressing quite well in terms of improving our existing and innovating new technologies. It might not be in this century or even the next, but some-days, mankind will surely locate their (inter) galactic neighbors.I have some weird queries, though. What if something doesn't require planets to live? What if the vacuum is not so empty? What if other life forms are not composed of DNAs and be like spatial rocks or some form that our machines cannot detect?

When you think about this, it depends on your definition of life. If you think for a creature to be living, it has to:Breathe OxygenExhale Carbon DioxideBe Carbon BasedHave Genes/DNA/ChromosomesThen you probably won't find anything like that out there, however, if you think of a living creature as something that:MovesCommunicatesMakes soundResponds to StimuliThen you most likely would find things like that.And there are probably planets out there with only organisms like plants on it, that don't move, breathe etc. But are still living.There's no way of saying if we'll ever see or come into contact with alien life, we may have already come into contact with them, and not known. And there are those mysteries like the Wow signal, which may be signs of alien life.We know comparitively nothing about our universe. We don't know what other life forms know about it (Or if the life's even capable of "knowing" at all).But you do wonder what the US Government have all these secret bases for, and there are alot of conspiracy theories around....

I know it may sound alittle strange but I think there may be other life out there. I mean, why would God create this immense universe, and only put us in it? I mean there has to be something else out there. Now some of you may be saying "What about those faked UFO sightings all over the world?" Well, some people are just dying for attention. Can any of you tell me how the Russian Air Force was deployed because a "Bogie" was sighted on radar? Of corse, but can you explain how the "bogies" performed impossible maneuvers and rose above the ceiling for any aircraft during that time? I DIDN'T THINK SO! I watch the Discovery Channel all the time and I watched a report on Area 51 and the alien crash site in New Mexico. By the evidence that they showed from the wreckage and the pieces that were actually delivered to a press conference, there is drastic change in both the material and the color!! I mean, if they wanted to try to cover it up nicely they could have atleast made the colors the same! All in all, I just find it hard to believe that God would create this vast universe that we can't even explore completely and not place other life forms somewhere in it.. I know there may be many of you that disagree with me so keep up the posting! I wanna here more evidence of weather or not aliens exist! ^_^