xisto Community
NilsC

World's Longest Single Word Domain Name! Cracked me up when I saw it.

Well, in defense of some people that make long url's (not that I am one of these people), recognition may be exactly the point. To some people, something like Guiness Book of World Records IS a big thing. I mean ya need to think about it, your name is in the most famous record book in the world. My eight year old daughter even knows about that book. Some people just long to be known for something but can't stand out from the crowd, so maybe this is their way, thats all.

Wow... nice. How in the world do you find these domain names? They're really cool, I must admit, though I really don't think that they're quite good in SEO... Thanks for sharing though, I'm still waiting for myCENTS to show up.

well....i cant believe they named the village that way...

"St Mary's Church in the Hollow of the White Hazel near a Rapid Whirlpool and the Church of St. Tysilio near the Red Cave".

isn't that really crazy?Welsh translation of it is

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

why didn't they just say its "iliogogogoch"...sound good and probably translates as "near the Red cave" :D
Thanks...Eggie

The longest single word domain... I am wanting less these days. I would try to make the shortest ever! I don't really like typing too much so my most common links go into the bookmarks folder.... Sure it makes sense... but if there are a lot in my bookmarks folder, then I make a homepage on my site with links. Then as long as I remember to make it my home on my browser, then I'm set.The longest name ever... that would be cool, but what if someone made that link and then added '2' after it... buzz kill then I guess... And there is nothing wrong with being different... I may have a job as a Hardware Tech, but before that I was a full time Graphic Designer... different is always a good thing!- skedad -

Longest city name if added to domain name then depending upon the TLD. Or regional domain name it will be the longest one. Like we've " Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch" as longest city name. So try and add .com or .net or .mobi or 4 letter domain extension. In that way it'll grow more longer domain name. Regional domain name like .in, .uk, .de etc will make it shorter as it is just 2 letter. 3 or more letter extension will make it more hard to type. I'm curious now, is that long name city have official website ? I didn't googled or seen wikipedia for this. As searching for long city name itself brings many search results.

On serious note, i'll try to find shorter domain. It is really pain to type big domain names on address bar. Just think we're already managing lot of information on web in mind. Larger domain names are seriously pain. Even if you can do cut and paste for it but still it is larger and turns off and forces anyone not to browse those sites with bigger domain name. I'll just prefer to bookmark such huge names on Delicious if they're worthy enough to visit regularly else i don't see point to maintain memory of those big names.

Wow this is insane! Who would be able to remember that domain name and type it everytime he is going to visit this page again? Definitely not a domain name of choice if you wan alot of hits into your websites, no one is going to visit it.

It still exists! Still going strong! Haha. Wow, why is it so long? How can it be? Who would've thought? Surely not me! I didn't know it existed, I didn't know how long it could be, but surely, surely, it eventually reached me! I wonder if they were able to make the Guinness World Book Records. Interesting reading of the context because it's not just gibberish. It dos have meaning.