xisto Community
NilsC

World's Longest Single Word Domain Name! Cracked me up when I saw it.

lol thats just really long!i cant even remember the name to type it in or even spell and say it out! thats onther website with lots of 1111111111 in it. i cant remember how many 111111111 i think its about 60. its got lots of crazy things about sudam hussain, and GW Bush. why dont you try it out. maybe this could be the longest domain name? well when you find it out you can post it. LOL i cant even remember the 11111111 domain name. so it be impossible to remember this domain name will i? LOL

This is very queer... Whoever actually does this must have a lot of time on their hands! Longer the address, the more annoying the thing gets... I hate to have to remember and type out that address... I don't think anyone will be able to memorize it just by looking at it...

I agree with Xevian... I think that it is just poinless to have a long domain name because only a few people will be able to remember it and I doubt that many people would actually tpye the URL out also... :) but i guess someone has a reason to do that... :):rolleyes:

Shoot I would get one just to have the longest just so I could say i own the longest domain name. Yes it is kinda pointless but would be fun to own and go around saying that. Think your friend has a nice car and you got a POS. What are you going to go at him with. Well maybe your long domain name. I would never since that would seem kinda geeky but if he were a geek then you would beat him so badly.

Haha! I would like to know why people would want long domains! I hate them! I always think about my email when I decide on a domain... webmaster@DOMAIN.COM is what I go by. I also don't like dashes (these things: - ) in domains either. I had a spammer on my old blog who would post links like http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and other junk links like the such. I couldn't possibly stand that! Even a domain like xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com is close to bugging me, but xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com (20+ characters) is way over the limit!

Goodness me, that is crazy haha. It would probably be funnier though if it really served an actual purpose and was not being the longest domain name just to be the longest domain name. :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know! I totally agree with you. I thought it was a website for a school or a church or something and that I would find some information on the school or church, but when I clicked on it there was only one photo, the title, and a form for which you can tell a friend about "the longest single word domain name in the world." I kind of think it's corny. :) :)

i dont think so! during the american presidential election there was this one: johnkerryisadouchebagbutimvotingforhimanyway.com... :rolleyes:  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haha, that is hilarious! It reminds me of that South Park episode when the animal mascot (I can't remember if it was a cow or something else) was removed because PeTA complained about it and was protesting it, and so the kids had to vote between a douchebag and a turd sandwhich. :) Is that still an active link? It sounds hilarious.

With respect to the lovely place of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobyllllantysiliogogogoch, it isn't actually the longest place name in Wales any more. That honour belongs to... wait for it...

Gorsafawddacha'idraigodanheddogleddollonpenrhynareurdraethceredigion

which translates as "The Mawddach station and its dragon teeth at the Northern Penrhyn Road on the golden beach of Cardigan Bay"

It was 'constructed' deliberately to beat the previous place.

Hmmm...... I wonder.......

No!! the gorsafawddacha website is still available!

However......

Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu

This Maori mouthful translates into English as "the place where Tamatea, the man with the big knees, who slid, climbed and swallowed mountains, known as 'landeater,' played his flute to his loved one."

and....

Krungthepmahanakonbowornratanakosinmahintarayudyayamahadiloponoparatana

rajthaniburiromudomrajniwesmahasatarnamornpimarnavatarsatitsakattiyavisanukam

phrasit

The favorite of the Guinness Book of Records, the name of Bangkok (Krungthep) in Thai:

krungthep mahanakhon

The land of angels, the great city of

amorn rattanakosin

immortality, various of devine gems,

mahintara yudthaya mahadilok pohp

the great angelic land unconquerable,

noparat rajathanee bureerom

land of nine noble gems, the royal city, the pleasant capital,

udomrajniwes mahasatarn

place of the grand royal palace,

amorn pimarn avaltarnsatit

forever land of angels and reincarnated spirits,

sakatattiya visanukram prasit

predestined and created by the highest devas.

Personally, I think Bangkok is better...... :P:P:P

I agree with almost everyone else here...THOSE DOMAIN NAMES ARE ABSOLUTELY INSANE! I would go crazy if i had to type that everytime I was on a new computer that I didn't have it saved on. I think I'll stick to the short domain names...keep my sanity.

It's really stupid to invent such a long domain name... they reduced alot the chance to get the visitiors on their website. Honestly I wouldn't type such a long adress to see this website. Or do they think their website realy worth it ?

Well there's also: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

It goes to Google. Pi to the 57th digit.

Are you kidding?? That must be some kind of joke...How can someone remember such a long domain?! :) It's ridiculous~~~ :)

It will take me months to remember that site. I don't even remember mine which there are numbers. Hopefully it existed the button Add to favorites. I'm wondering who created that long domain name....