xisto Community
NilsC

World's Longest Single Word Domain Name! Cracked me up when I saw it.

wow its so great..! I will sure buy one of the longest domain name..! To prove..! by the way how many charecters are allowed in a domain? So that nobody can be able to overtake me..! Yeah its sure that nobody will visit my site due to long domain ... still i can leave my mark in guiness Book of records.! thanks for the idea frenz.! I will make worlds real longest domain n post here within 1-2 months .! As i've to think its name. :lol: we can sure use redirect with another small domain to the biggest one so that users can use It with ease Still Can look on worlds longest domain in that case.! Thanks 4 this post that i've got this great idea.. !!!

Yea, it's pretty stupid how the purpse the site is serving is to be the longest domain name... If it was the actual church and site about the church and Wales and that village and what not it would be a WHOLE lot funnier. Hmmm... Now I will spend the rest of my day trying to pronounce it....

I really like that 'pi' url... that is quite clever, a friend showed me it a few years ago. I'm not so keen on the curch url though. It all seems a little pointless if you ask me. And what is it with these towns trying to have the longest name? If I lived in the town, I dont think that i would really enjoy it all that much! Oh well, whatever makes em happy I suppose!

wow its so great..! I will sure buy one of the longest domain name..! To prove..! by the way how many charecters are allowed in a domain? So that nobody can be able to overtake me..! Yeah its sure that nobody will visit my site due to long domain ... still i can leave my mark in guiness Book of records.! thanks for the idea frenz.! I will make worlds real longest domain n post here within 1-2 months .! As i've to think its name. biggrin.gif we can sure use redirect with another small domain to the biggest one so that users can use It with ease Still Can look on worlds longest domain in that case.!
Thanks 4 this post that i've got this great idea.. !!!

Im not sure that its possible, if you read here...

Email from Guiness World Records

But it could be cool just to say, hey check out my huge url! :)

I don't know what kind of idiot would shell out their cash on such a domain. Probably for the satisfaction of having the longest domain name but still, it's stupid.The person who made it isn't impressing anyone, not even their mom.

ahaha.. i got an email account in the abcdefghijk.....com thing~and yeah, sometimes im wondering why they would like a hard to remember domain name w/c is that long ><

Some of you guys/gals are asking what's the point in the rediculously long urls, well if you'd looked at that Wlesh website you can see that the domain's owner seem to get a lot of media interest and I bet he made a lot out of it. Hell I know I would have juiced it good if I had thought of it first. *ponders*

This person creates a long domain name just for publicity, which is pointless because someone else can easily create their own domain name which could be a few letters longer. And would the media go after the new guy instead? Would he get the same publicity as the other person had? If this is true, then this could be an unending cycle in which no one wins.

Wowwwwww that is impressive, how did u come across that website anyways? haha i mean imagine in search engines searching for qwerqwerqwerqwerwerqwerqweqwrqgqwklejtwejt and it tells you: did u meant: eqwrqwerqwerqwerqwcvzxbvxcbrer? haahahah that cracks me up, nice link!

Reading about those who made long domain name, make me think, "don't they ever figure out that long domain name will make people hardly want to come to their site?" Well, thanks to Bookmark tool, we could use it to remember the url, but... for me, it still kind of crazy to use long url.

My goodness. It's at that point that if you remember all that while typing, you've been to that site too long. When I first started HTML I always had to copy codes and paste them. Now I can mostly do they whole string myself. It's scary what we get used to :lol: