xisto Community
L3athle

Msn Messenger Virus awful

Has it been active for long? I knew the last one: when an infected system is restarted, Windows automatically runs an application called "startup.exe", which begins by informing the user that the PC is infected.

ok guys,
hi im sam,
my friend just told me she got a virus,
and like all most other MSN viruses it spreads through private chat rooms, (convo windows) it goes like this
the first message the person sumpoedly types is
:check who the CIA got!
then it gives you a link
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/=(here is a hotmail email adress, mine was thier, i got rid of it

can some one help me get rid of it or direct me in the rite area

Okay.. First of all who would be so stupid enough to click the ANNOYING links your little weeny friends send you?I mean I knew right away it was a virus.. I mean 'OMG GOD THIS PICTURE IS SO FUNNY' with a .EXE ending.. ahem I don't quite think so. I don't understand how people could get tricked... !! It's just soo OBVIOUS...

Ah! How shameful, I fell for one of the Bropia viruses (which came in the LOL.scr format). I was too curious. At least I didn't execute it. But the other day I checked my virus vault and it said something about a Trojan and volume thing. I think that's what it does.

I heard some people were never able to fix it. That must be terrible. I heard it loves to close programs. -_- Once again, someone created an infamous virus, making him/her one of the most hated person on earth!

Just prevent it from starting up in the registry. Use either msconfig or regedit. Please refer to google to find out how -_-

Woah, that's strange, how are they running a virus on MSN messenger?  I'd think it'd be more secure than that, they must have hacked the MSN servers or something.

59044[/snapback]

Well I got it and I can't get rid of it can someone help?? :(

I got this already, I'm so sad that I accepted it. I just let everyone else get the virus because I don't care. If I'm infected so are they. :P jk.I found that the best way to remove it is to click control alt delete and click on project1 and click end task.

Most of my friends of msn are not aware until i say"Dude im not accepting that, thos .exe files can be really bad things"and they are like"WTF I NEVER SENT U ANYTHING"if u know what i mean, when my stupid sister acepted one of these viruses my computer immediatly caught it and its registered as a virus,i actually thought it was just sombodys stupid exe program,but they are viruses so, well to me... all i think is needed is a decent anti-virus , mines is a fee edition of AVG and it works fine :P