xisto Community
L3athle

Msn Messenger Virus awful

I now remember the olden days. When people were so terrified of MSN viruses and would see you at school the next day and hit you in the groin if you did this. Remember the program which says your computer has caught a deadly virus. You computer will shut down and not restart in 15 seconds.

To be honest, I thought it was pretty obvious that it was virus, by looking at it. When I said to my IM friends when I received the link/download what it was, they said "what, I didn't send you anything" or something like that. I'm not that dumb (no offence to the people that did accept it...)

But really, I often have people say things similar to that to me all the time. So I didn't really care when I clicked it. Now I am soo pissed. Why? I have to get my computer re-formatted and all this junk because either it or something else deleted my system file inlike the c drive in windows. I dunno.

I have received tons of messages like these but have declined all of them. People really have to watch out and check the file extensions on soem of the files that are being sent to them to make sure that they are valid. They should also ask the person what it is that they are sending to make sure they are the ones sending it.

A virus went around msn messenger yesterday afternoon sendin the persons contacts the virus and so on. The message that appeared was '*BLEEP*er' then 'you didnt tell me u were in this picture' then a link to a virus download and whoever downloaded it sent the virus even further to more people. VERY NASTY. It stole whoever clicked on it their system info.

yes i, remember it, it0s kind of old, i once click it by accident, because a friend and I where talking precisely about photos, pictures, drawings and that stuff and then she puts a link saying "wanna see more pics?" so i clicked it >_>! but for my fortune it wasn't really bad... of course i scaned my pc, it was brand new back then!

Okay theres a new virus going around MSN, I thought only my dumb friends were the ones accepting it, but turns out its across the nation. So I dont know if you've got it and deleted it, or was smart and didnt accept it. Well it goes by (as far as I know) three names. There like "Frog something something blender" "My new photo!" and like "Me and my lesbian friends!". Its a 17kb file, so if some1 in your list tries to send you one the those, DONT ACCEPT! It goes into your list(takes total control, so you cant do anything) and sends itself to EVERY1 in your friends list! And again, you might get this file, and you might not. But it is smart to always be aware.

It may also be something like really funny pic or something like that but we have been warned not to get onto MSN messenger.

Keep on the lookout for this virus and they said they would have it fixed in a few days.

58807[/snapback]

I believe that microsoft is aware of this issues, is there any fixer available for this virus? I havn't read the article with regards to this virus. Is it only works in MSN program? tell me where I can find the links to that article you read. or if you aware of the activity of the said virus please let us know..

tnx anyway for the info...:rolleyes:

Darned viruses!! I haven't gotten one in quite a loooong time, and I'm not planning to either. I just avoid clicking on any links sent through emails/chat rooms unless I personally know it won't kill my computer or anything. I've had enough encounters with viruses in the past to have learned my lesson...

Yes, that has happened to me before. Well, I didn't accept it but my dumb friends accept it from people that they do not even know! And then when it starts sending itself to other people on their list and my friends start getting yelled at, they start complaining and asking why this is happening to them! Well, if they weren't so dumb or ignorant or anything like that, maybe it would not happen to them. People need to learn to use their heads, goodness!

hi i want to send some sort of virus of somethink to one of my "friends" on msn can some one plz tell me where i can get one so i can send it to him :D ps. he did it to me

I use MSN Messenger! My friends send my stupid stuff (I never accept it) so thanks for this information because I know that I am at risk. Keep me upto date on this virus.