xisto Community
bridenhosen

What Is The Best RPG You Have Ever Played RPG=role playing game

Through the horrible english translation and crappy blocky animation, FF 7 stands proud and strong as the best RPG out there. A runner up medal would have to be tied with FF Tactics and Disgaea:Hour of Darkness. I love the idea of valkrie profile, but it was outstandingly easy, so it does not rank as high as it very easily could have. I give credit to nearly all Square Soft games as being well done. And yes zelda is well done too. And on a side note, for lacking_imagination, zelda is what we call an action RPG, and yes, it is an RPG in that sense, but also not an hard-core, true-to-form RPG.

I like what everyone said about Diablo 2 (it was very addicting no doubt) But i have to go with FF VII. That is the best game ever known to man and im desperately waiting to go See Advent Children When it comes out in America or if its a game i dont know which one i heard its a movie though. I dont care if its in japanesee or English but I would pay to see Spehiroth And Cloud Duel once again oh man that would own. FF VIII i didnt like as much due to the leveling process becuz u see In FF VIII you could be level 25 and be at ultimecias castle. FFIX was very very very very very amusng but easy. I mean the game had a good storyline but not of those like FF8 or FF7. FF10 will tkae the cake on having the frutiest maincharacter. Tidus was an ok character but his supporting cast really did suck i mean you have a dead guy who can own you, a sorcerer whos scared of herself, black Mage who had humongous knockers, A dumb Australian, A friggin Rhino/Lion w/e Kihmari was and a stupid little girl who is honestly like 12 years old but they protrey her as like a 18+year old chick. FFX-2 is the most degrating game to the line. A chick power game wow. That game was uber-stupid i played it to find out what happened to Tidus due to the cliff hanger FFX leaves u on. But yea i didnt buy it or rent it a friend lent it to me thank god. The FF series is the Best I dont see the hype about Zelda i guess i never ever really liked a midget with a korny green hat :-p but yea basically FF owns all The best character of all time................. Zell (FF8)

my favorite rpgs are the final fantasy series all of them are great my favorites have to be between VII and VI im leaning towards VI a little more because thats a child hood game and ive always played it bys VII is great because of the chocobo breeding and the ultamate weapons i also liked zelda that is until majoras mask came out arg thta game was lame but all of the ones foe nes snes and ocarina of time for 64

I'm currently playing Xenosaga episode 2... Although its not really fun now that there are no big robots to smash the enemy with... The storyline created by Xenosaga episode 1 is continued here and actually in the end will link up to Xenogears, which by far has the best storyline! If they could remake the game, it would be the most awesome game ever!

Well I'm going to have to say that I'm a bonafied Baldur's Gate fan, through and through.

I remember when I first played it, I'd been Diabloing for a little over a year on and off and I'd never really played anything remotely complex. Ever.

Then a family "friend" game me the first two CDs as a test and I remember playing it and being owned by Gibberlings(weakest enemy in game), I didn't have the faintest clue how to play. Then a few months later I picked it up again and worked it out, best RPG ever!

Great storyline, good gameplay; even if the combat was a little lacking and very nice character development. It was also compounded by making Baldur's Gate II, not only can you continue the story but you can advance the power of your character further. Then there was Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal expansion (I'm up to last boss again) which further advances the characters and gives you ridiculously cool weapons and armour. It's the perfect series.

Hmmm...it's a contest between the Fallout series and Planescape:Torment. I loved Planescape because it was so creative and bizarre that I couldn't stop playing it. Fallout offered a unique setting and gameplay that was just fresh and relieving at the time.

I'm gonna have to say the classic FF7 Final Fantasy 7 basically introduced the rest of em and I've beaten almost all of em and im working on FF10 2 I don't like it much because your just three girls throughout the whole entire game i never played FF11 mainly because I'm too cheap to pay the money to play it online and I heard it sucks unless you play it online

I personally like FFTA (Final Fantasy Tactics Online) the best. However, my all-time favourite I have to admit (Rather shamefully) is Pokemon. Though I don't play it neither do i like it anymore, I admit that I used to love it when I was small and played it for hours on end....too bad I grew out of those fuzzy creatures and attacks that defied the laws of physics.

Roleplaying games I think are amazing for their stories. I don't know about everyone else, but I think an RPG with a good story is more important than an RPG with good graphics. Story is above all the most pivitol point of any RPG, in my mind atleast. My way of thinking is, Story > Game Play > Graphics. That's what I look for atleast. And there are a lot of hidden gems for the old systems.

I think Playstation is definitly the king of RPG's for the game console.

N64 -

Zelda: Ocarina Of Time (Of Course)

OgreBattle 64 (Amazing RPG/Strategy!)

Playstation -

Lunar: Silver Star Complete (BEST GAME STORY EVER.)

Legend Of Legia

Final Fantasy (ALL)

Brave Fencer Mushashi

Lunar: Eternal Blue

PC -

Diablo II

Diabloe II Expansion

Playstation 2 -

Hack // Sign Part 1-4 (Astounding Game Story, Game Play and Graphics!)

Final Fantasy (Continued)

There are so many more, but I definitly think that PlayStation is the El Presidente of RPG games in the virtual world. They have everything and I don't think they can make an RPG that someone doesn't love.

I would have to say the best RPG I ever played was Knights of the Old Republic. Number two was pretty bad. It is the only real RPG I really liked. I also played Diablo 2 for years, but it really wasn't much of an RPG. Other games like Morrowind, Neverwinter Nights, and Dungeon Siege just don't hold my attention. I also liked Arcanum a lot, although I think I ruined it by following a guide for the whole game.

I'd have to say Morrowind, since it has the more feature then any other game. Once you play it, you're hooked.Then again, Final Fantasy VII is also very addicting. If I had to choose, I'd say Morrowind, since it is a lot bigger then Final Fantasy VII.

i have played many RPG's in my time and hands down i would have to say Dark Age of Camelot was the best one i ever played, now im curious to see what everyone else thinks the best RPG ever made was

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

idk if resident evil outbreak and outbreak 2 is considered as an rpg to but thats the best for me :-D