xisto Community
bridenhosen

What Is The Best RPG You Have Ever Played RPG=role playing game

I'm not a massive RPG fan but I did really enjoy Dungeon Siege, also I do kinda have a level 90 dude on Runescape with like 90 fishing, it's sad I know :mellow: but when you get addicted it is quite fun to play it.

i agree totally

What Is The Best RPG You Have Ever Played

Replying to iGuest

The two games you posted I totally agree with, shining force was a quick play but challenging, and ffx, I love all the characters (riku the most). I don't know if you have heard of the chrono series, it started with chrono trigger, then went to radical dreamers (most people miss that on, kind of boring tho...), and then chrono cross. Nice story line, and some what of a different battle system. They were making a chrono break, but cancled it, those bastards. I don't concider zelda a rpg, its an adventure game, different catigory. But those are my favs. Chow.

-reply by gaming nerd

Legend Of Zelda is the best in my opinion. It is missing some of the RPG elements but is perfect because of the cutscenes and plotline which some of the other RPG's fail to have. I think it is the best in my opinion.But to follow the RPG elements I think Tales Of Symphonia takes the RPG cake. It graphics could use improvement but the plotline is perfect , the battle system is fun and the voice acting is really good. I give Tales Of Symphonia my check.

Edited by Twili Imp (see edit history)

there are two rpg's worthy of this title

1. Star control 2

2. Super mario RPG, many of the games you guys are mentioned are MMOG's

-reply by scorpio803

By far the 4 best RPGs I have ever played are : Final Fantasy VII on PS1, Shining Force on Sega Mega Drive, Final Fantasy IX on PS2 and Knights Of The Old Republic on PC. Oblivion was good too, but the NPCs are far too randomized in response and behaviour, making it hardly an RPG. Nevertheless, it is well designed action/adventure game (apart from the main quest which can be completed from the very start of the game). I would highly recommend it on PC, as it can take modifications and if you have any clue on developing you can make your own mods as well , so thumbs up on that. As Final Fantasy VII, as soon as I inserted the disc on the PS console, I didnt stop playing until I was finished it (took me 53 hours and 27 minutes of continuous non-stop gaming) and frankly, this has never happened to me before with any other game. Of course after that I tried to see if the myths about resurrecting Aeris were true, thus reaching lvl 99 on all characters, including final limit breaks and final weapons, thus defeating all the weapons, making all the colours of chocobos available ( even the gold one which is uber cool btw :P )and generally obtained every possible item and kept it in my inventory... Just to find out that the resurrection was merely a legend... Even though it was a part of my life well wasted (I had reached 16 million Gil or something like that). As far as FF IX is concerned, it was also a very good game :). The chocobo fun was more than in the 7th of the game series, but trust me, when you have gotten your flying chocobo, and try to find the last picture it might take you hours even days to find the spot where the last treasure is burried. Like VII, IX has also really nice mini games and goes deep into each and every characters past and history. Although it fails where VII is the best, the amazing script of course.

KOTOR is a good game but nothing compared to the 2 FF games I mentioned above and in a totally different gameplay and plot style. Shining force is a must play game, even though it was 2-d it beats the hell out of many games  created even for for conmsoles PS3.

So game on fellas ^^ and see you in Gamer's Paradise

have fun Charlie P.

-reply by Charlie

the best rpg IWhat Is The Best RPG You Have Ever Played

That would be Runescape.  Its 3d, no downloads, no story, you are free to do whatever you want as far as game, I played it for 5-yrs.  Its the best.  I've been looking for a new rpg but have only found Nodiatis, Gaia, Wizards 101, Avalon.  the others require a download.

-reply by Ryuan46

best RPG?What Is The Best RPG You Have Ever Played

Best RPG for me :

-Final Fantasy 7

-Suikoden 2

I can't decide which is the best out of those 2.. Both of them have their own appeal..

they are both for PS1 console tho..

-reply by fritz

I think final fantasy 7 is the best rpg of all time. Hours of gameplay awesome storyline makes u feel like your in the game I will be a fan of this game forever

-reply by FF7 FTW

Morrowind ???What Is The Best RPG You Have Ever Played

No, Morrowind is not the best RPG because, on one side, it is a discrete combination of gendres.

Why did it fascinate you so ? Because of it's feeling. It has the amazing capacity of making you forget there is a real world around you.

However, it is less than other games when it comes to such qualities as graphics, dynamicity or gameplay complexity.

And this is coming from a person (yeah, me) that has played Morrowind+Tribunal+Bloodmoon for 5 (five) years of his life continuously.

Final Fantasy impresses, but does not provide the same unique feeling of being submerged in a secret age of another world.

As of Oblivion ? They messed up the interface and butchered the feeling. Yeah, it looked pretty and had lots and lots of dungeons, plus it made you think more. But the feeling of exploring another realm was severely trimmed. If I needed battles I could always resort to a shooter.

And, a nice trick of Morrowind were the books. Amazing stories in a few words that really made you feel a part of that world.

There are lots of games that leave you feeling like a controller, not like you belong.

So, yeah, Morrowind will forever remain etched in Daedric Runes upon the hearts of it's fans. Of course better games will emerge, in time. But, just like the music of our youth, The District of Vvardenfell will always be a home for our dreams.

-reply by Felix

Best RPG IWhat Is The Best RPG You Have Ever Played

Probably either Final Fantasy VII or Chrono Trigger. I wouldn't consider myself a real hardcore RPG fan, but I really enjoy these 2 games.  

Would Starcraft count as well, because that's one of my favorite games of all time.

-reply by Slithe

THE BEST CAN BE ONLY ONE!What Is The Best RPG You Have Ever Played

I have played and enjoyed tons of RPGs, and I would like to mention a lot of them, but the single very best of them all is without any doubt DUNGEON MASTER 2: THE LEGEND OF SKULLKEEP. It has unmatched atmosphere, great game system, the best shop system I have ever seen in an RPG game and excellent magic system. It also has brilliant soundtrack and beautiful graphics that doesn´t age at all.

I finished it many times, yet still I return to it every once in a while a finish it again. Those of you who never tried it - you really missed something huge - get it just now (its abandonware easy to find and runs just fine via dosbox) and play it!

-reply by RPGeek