xisto Community
arunkumarhg

Do You Prefer Laptop Or Desktop Computers? Which Is Better Overall?

Laptop VS Desktop  

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I agree that laptops get outdated much quicker than desktops, but then again you can just trade or cell the laptop for a newer model. It's not like the laptop is complete garbage, but sometimes when you see a newer laptop of the model you already have or a model that you want, it's irresistible:D

It depends on what you want your computer for. I have both a Desktop computer and a laptop.My desktop is Intel duo core 2 3ghZ or something like that with a 22 Inch Dell Monitor. It's great for games (much better graphics card than my Sony Vaio laptop) and is just more comfortable to use. It's much easier on the eyes (I find my 14 inch laptop screen a little on the small side), alot faster and just easier to use. It's also modifiable, e.g. you run out of HD room, get a larger one! or you want more RAM, install more! Laptops are limited in this respect.Of course it's not portable, and that's where my laptop comes in.For college work I bring my laptop everywhere because its convenient. If i want to play games however, it's not the best. The graphics load up looking not the greatest, everything lags and there's limited storage so I can't install many really large games.However it is good enough for work, typing up notes, lectures, powerpoints, browsing... which is about all that I use it for :rolleyes:

i have voted for laptop but i will prefer desktop for new one to computers because we can do experiments in desktop rather in laptop or else it will cost usso i will prefer desktops for the newbies but laptops for every one and also those who are civilized person.............

Desltop for me.Its cheap an best works fast too also it is easy to assemble.Can you belive it:i assembled my own computer and installed windows XP

well for me i prefer desktop than laptop...i been in the computer repair for almost 9 year now and i have difficulty in repair laptop mother board and its hard to trace the laptop problem than desktop...if you buy desktop its very easy to assemble and easy to replaced parts.for example in your laptop motherboard when in trouble you cannot buy right away a motherboard replacement. but in desktop you have lots of parts replacement and you can still use some of your old hardware to assemble new desktop...thanks you very much...and god bless all...

Edited by folkehuset (see edit history)

I prefer laptop to desktop. Anyway I have two computers, one laptop and one desktop. Usually I use desktop when playing games and watching movies at home. And laptop would be the first choices when it comes to working at home and traveling for business trip. I would choose laptop if I have to pick one between. As you know, working is the priority and I need to be fed by this tools, especially when I need to travel other cities for business trip. That is it.

I prefer desktop because laptop still can't beat desktop in performance. But yes, sometimes i need laptop like when I'm traveling etc, but that's not an essential thing :o Desktop still the best because you can play 3D games smoothly, and you can get bigger display compared to laptop.

Well this is a hard question i prefer Desptop for games and etc but i use the laptop that i have to take it to other places when i need it and a big pc u cant take . well you can but not well :(But i voted for Desktop

Even if i have desktop computer i prefer laptop! It's very much more compact than the desktop computer cos you can lay on your bed and chat with your friend, having fun on Xisto and Xisto and have comfort. Also i like it because his style is associating me on hacking :(

I prefer a desktop computer. I don´t have a laptop right now because I sold it two months ago. I didn´t like its vulnerability and the high cost in reparation when the Operative Systems collapsed and with it all the drivers!The desktop computer gives you more freedom. You can crash it and repair it yourself, go to the store and buy hardware yourself and it´s more private than a laptop.And in my country there are a thief net that assaults to the college students and steal their laptops. Before they stole mine I decided to sell it.I love to repair desktop pc because that makes you think and use your instinct to find the problem.The laptop computer are very difficult to repair because you are afraid if you make something bad and suddenly you ruin hardware pieces that are so expensive that the technical team says you that is better buy another new one.But if somebody prefer the laptop is ok. But when Windows start to fail, you will think different.Sometimes the technology isn´t an advantage when you have not a lot of money.I hope somebody else can see the advantages of desktop computers in my post.Regards.

i dont move here and there out with my computer so i prefer a desktop over laptop and mostly i just keep on playing some thing or the other on my computer and i can't just press in the keys too hard which i could do on my desktop if i would do the same on a laptop i would damage out the internal parts of my computer

I am a college student who is always on the go so I definitly prefer using a laptop. I can use it anywhere on campus because wifi picks up basically everywhere now. The only reason I would prefer to have a desktop is because I could build it myself a lot cheaper than buying a whole new laptop. So if you can use a desktop then I would choose it just because you could save a lot of money with a desktop. However, if you think you're going to be on the go a lot and have a lot of work to do then I would buy a laptop. Hope this helps with your choosing!

I prefer desktop, because:A) They're cheaper, when purchased;) If something goes out, you can just replace that part, unlike a laptop. C) Harder for someone to steal it, as it's heavier, bulkier, requires more that one trip, when hauling it, and there's spaghetti wires everywhere. D) I don't worry if i spill water, accidentally, into my keyboardE) No worry of dropping itAnd many more!

laptop all the way, now with laptops getting faster and powerful i love it's portability... it would be nice if it was as easily modified like desktops (upgrading parts) with mobile devices getting more powerful, desktops are getting less and less popular

laptop all the way, now with laptops getting faster and powerful i love it's portability... it would be nice if it was as easily modified like desktops (upgrading parts)
with mobile devices getting more powerful, desktops are getting less and less popular

I would still miss my huge monitor though. For traveling, of course laptops are great though.