xisto Community
arunkumarhg

Do You Prefer Laptop Or Desktop Computers? Which Is Better Overall?

Laptop VS Desktop  

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

it depends on the computer and what you as a person need it for, you can get more for your money with a desktop and every single part is easily upgradible at a way lower upgrade cost of a laptop and they are way more powerful but it is very important as to what you wish to do, if you are a gamer than you want a desktop, if you travel alot or have a cottage or your work requires moving alot i would recomend a laptop for the portibility and battery functions

Desktop, definitely. Power and price.Notebooks require much more maintenance and should, in my opinion, only be for on-the-go people. Plus, because I'm a cheapster, you don't have to buy new batteries and modifications every now and then.But there is the thing with free internet... :mellow:

But there is the thing with free internet... :mellow:

Huh ? Which Free Internet are you talking about ? Freedom in the Internet Universe ? Or unlimited Internet access without having to pay any money ? If the second option is possible, I would really know how to obtain it ! :D

rofl, there are many free hotspots in many cities throughout the world now. A lot of major airports in Asia have implemented free wireless internet for all. Same with malls. Free internet is the standard in Taiwan for hotels. Internet is becoming free (price wise) unless you own the line.xboxrulz

there are many free hotspots in many cities throughout the world now. A lot of major airports in Asia have implemented free wireless internet for all. Same with malls. Free internet is the standard in Taiwan for hotels.

That's good news. I am rather familiar with Ethernet being available only in expensive hotels, or being expensive in cheap hotels. And till now I thought the only way for accessing Internet was paying a lot of money for ADSL on your private wired phone line.This means that big communities make efforts for offering Internet for free, so that poor people can access it.

I will definetly go for a laptop, setting apart the fact that a laptop with the same characteristics of a desktop is much more expensive, the things that you get being mobile, is priceless. I hate when I have to pass the information between two computers with a prendrive, or something similar. Well that's my opinion, I suppose that not everyone thinks the same, but is a view. Greeting, shotgun.

I hate when I have to pass the information between two computers with a prendrive, or something similar.

You will still have to use a pendrive in order to pass information to your colleagues.Also, a laptop is more exposed to shocks than a desktop, this means that you should use a pendrive at least every day in order to have a backup of all your data in case of broken or stolen laptop problem.
So, a laptop computer does not make you free from using a pendrive.

Or you can back it up on to a desktop like how I do it. I have a secondary data drive that I have to just dump data into it and it is enterprise grade so the chances of it failing is lower than a standard drive.xboxrulz

I prefer my lap top over my desk top. It may be because my lap top is newer but also because you can take it with you. If you do buy a lap top I would suggest buying a mouse pad that plugs in to the lap top. Another reason I like my lap top better is because you can take it with you to the couch and watch movies if you are in a place with out a tv.

Ii like a laptop its like reading a book, simple and pleasant

If you have to show something to a friend or to a colleague (a nice joke or needing help for a bug search) it's really difficult to show it on your laptop screen. I am currently helping a friend who works on a laptop, it's really difficult to read if you are not exactly in front of the laptop screen.Of course you can display the thing on a 17"" CRT near the laptop, but this loses the whole interest of the laptop portability.

Personally if you get the right laptop for you, laptops are much better than desktops! Laptops are literally portable computers that can have the same thing as desktops if you find the right one in the right place. Again, I'll go with laptops :rolleyes:

For playing games only, I think that a Desktop is much better, it's more powerful and you can always expand it.. I also for some time prefer Laptop computers now, for say the last 3 years, when they got much better, old laptops really sucked and were so expensive years ago.. I can fix Desktops myself, change parts and etc. do something with the wires, but if in a laptop something would break, I wouldn't know what to do, how to even open it, even though I never tried to do that.. Or lets say the laptop screen broke, because it felt.. It would be expensive to change it.. rather buy a new laptop :PAlso, a Desktop, every 3 years you can buy new parts for it, for a laptop computer, after 3 years when you want to change the battery that it would work better, I suggest to go and buy a new laptop, because even a much better one won't be so expensive and a battery can cost ~250$ :rolleyes: well maybe less, 120$ it depends where and what kind of.