xisto Community
bryandel

What's The Best 3d Animation Software? Maya 6, Pixar, 3D Studio Max,

What's the best 3D Animation Software?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Depends on the question and how you wish to have it answered, both software programs are quite powerful in both capability and rendering. The pros and con are so minute they are almost non existent, I'm not qualified to be listing pros or cons however from my experience. I found maya simple to use and hard to master where as max is hard to use but simple to master overtime. The conclusion, maya although available on pc and mac is purely meant for the mac market and hence is mainly used for the animation department. Where as max is available to pc users and unlike maya makes use of directx and is purely used for but not limited to modelling, texturing, rendering, landscaping and architecture etc... It all comes down to what you plan on spending and what your target goal with either software is, so there is no real easy way to answer such a simple question.-reply by Someguy

utensil and the artistWhat's The Best 3d Animation Software?

Personally I believe that there is no such thing as the best 3d animation software.

Its not the utensil, its the artist.

-Mark Robin

re: cartuneWhat's The Best 3d Animation Software?

For free, Blender & G-max. Blender is a lot harder to learn than G-max, but I'm sure the people that create the incredible CGI I've seen from 3ds & Maya could do the same with Blender. I'm not a great CGI artist, but I'm getting better and created some pretty good stuff using Blender. I'd love to try Maya & 3ds, but the price! ouch! I'm not good enough yet to make good use of a 30day trial, so I gotta stick with the Free stuff for now. 

-reply by wayoutthr

i choose for autodesk maya why i choose you may askbecause it is have many tool for 3d animator to modeling rigging texturing animation and it also have more function likedynamic for producing hair system fluied effectlike cloth with cloth you can make shirt or any thing softlike life because i have used it for two yearsee my medeling for this :(

Autodesk Maya is the best 3D animation software. It is been used mostly by the professionals.

Autodesk 3ds Max is also good but not even close to Maya. It is more popular than Maya because it was cheaper and used by everybody (including amateurs and people without solid knowledge of 3D workflow).

Autodesk (softimage) XSI is third most-popular software.

-reply by bood

best 3d softwaresWhat's The Best 3d Animation Software?

I have been in 3d animation for the last 2 years, I have the chance of of using some of the wares-max,maya,daz.  so far I am a fan of Blender. Though difficult to use initially, once you get the hang of it- its a fantastic 3d software. I am doing medical animation at the moment- I am a surgeon by profession, animation can be an extremely useful teaching tools- I wish to work with like minded people.  All my character/mesh are created with blender, though I also use other program for finishing touch.

-reply by med3d

animation questionWhat's The Best 3d Animation Software?

I perfer maya to use as a great animation software 3d max is also great its from the same company like autodesk. But making games I shall say use max 3d but for real movie effects en real cgi use maya because its the strongest 3d software there is .  

-reply by animator2000

I vote for other because I like a program called "ac3d" for the mac. It is pretty easy to use and most people should be able to work it easily.

Yes, blender is good software and it is free available for windows, macintosh and linux. There are many other freewares available as well. Alice3D is one to look for. Maya is perfect software for 3D but it is paid and learning curve is steep.