xisto Community
bryandel

What's The Best 3d Animation Software? Maya 6, Pixar, 3D Studio Max,

What's the best 3D Animation Software?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not only this movie but there are many other movies like "lighthouse" and one is on bird is released. I think it is featured on blenders showcase page. I can see the potential in this software but those who work alone needs more info that what more softwares need to be used with blender in order to design a movie or simple presentation.

BEST 3D ANIMATION SOFTWAREWhat's The Best 3d Animation Software?

I recommend blender 3D because blender has no any alternative.

Can you say how many professionals have 3Ds max, maya and so on.  About 100s But Blender is open sourced and has 10 Thousands of Developer all around the globe. Even you can contribute to blender, about what stuff blender needs if you  don't know c++ and python Programming.

SO BLENDER IS THE BEST as you will be the part of blender developers when you download ( <20MB) BLENDER.

-reply by Blendering.Co.Cc

I'd have to agree with the Blender fans.

-Blender is FREE

-Blender is such a powersful too for something so small in data size

-has a very decent sculpter built in

-works on multiple platforms

-Did I mention FREE?

I've used blender for years now, and prefer it over others, It may be slightly limited in some sections, but that can be fixed if you know a little code! But it's still the most powerful FREE 3d studio out there!

-reply by Bradygg

I think you are forgetting about XSI wich is one of the best softwere for 3D animation and modeling and is used by pros like thoes in Hollywood. It has many special functions ( clothes, particles, physics etc.) and it's easy to learn ( I found it pretty easy ). If you are in to programing you can even program your own environment using ebedded tools.

Cool supplement for XSI (and I think any 3D program) is Zbrush wich is much more intuitive and easier when it comes to modeling.

What do You think ?

Answer to BestWhat's The Best 3d Animation Software?

I personally use Autodesk Maya for 3d animation, but I think that Blender is a great piece of software, if you're no looking to spend over 3,000 dollars for a software.  Blender, in my opinion, would get 3.5 stars, and Maya would get 4.5 stars (nothing's perfect).  Maya has a much steeping learning curve though, but is way more powerful.  There are great student discounts on Maya (I'm a student, and got it for $350 with a lot of other Autodesk software, including 3ds Max (which is better for games if you want to do that), but Blender and Maya are better for TV and movies.  Blender is much easier to learn, but Maya is much more powerful.  Many short films were made using only Blender, and have turned out great.  But a lot of movies, including Avatar, were actually mainly made with Maya.  If you don't want the learning curve, go with Blender (and it's free!), but for more power, go with Maya.  Maya was the better choice for me.

-reply by abviolin1

I vote for Maya for modelling puspose, and will stick to it to the end.

But Maya default material, shader and rendering sucks, and the animation concept is very stupid. Don't know why don't they upgraded it. But still I stick to it because the polygon modelling technique nearly perfect.

3ds Max 2011What's The Best 3d Animation Software?

I Vote 3ds max 2011It's the only I have used But I think It has only 100 frames Can We Increase it ?

-reply by Apoorva

Points to ponderWhat's The Best 3d Animation Software?

Most of you suggested averagely for Maya or 3D max for your own purposes. I've tried lots of 3D software including what have been said such as 3Dmax, Xara, Alias, Lightwave, blender and many more. Frankly speaking 3D max is a user-friendly software for Windows 32bt and 64bt and Maya is the other way round with Mac. But if you do lots of sculpturing, blending and rendering finally you'll realize that its all back to one question..Accuracy definitely come across for most who did mechanical parts especially for concentric and dimensions lines and curves whereas 3Dmax and Maya mostly will do sculpturing. Symmetrical line is a yes for polygonal shapes in 3Dmax but if you use Solid Edge or Solid Works for polygonal shapes I bet you'll see the big difference. If don't believe me, try to design a spaceship by using both 3D max and Solid Edge and render it. To conclude, 3Dmax and Maya mostly used to create natural living things surfaces where you can sculpt and stretch. Give it a try...

-reply by zali

this is it...What's The Best 3d Animation Software?

It still depends on your purpose. 3Ds Max is best used for games. But when it comes to 3D movies, as for my opinion, Autodesk Maya is the best. If you need some evidence you can just simply watch those 3D movies on the "big screen" and rate them yourself. Those rates would also come to Autodesk Maya coz almost all of the 3D movies you've been fantasizing are all made with it. The ones I know so far the use Maya are PIXAR Studios, Walt Disney, and Final Fantasy. Nevertheless, I won't recommend it for PC game graphics, though. I would just really suggest 3Ds Max for that particular purpose.

-reply by mr.Nobody

I use 3Ds Max since 2008 and still confusing which 3D program is better... I have tried Maya but I couldn't success as much as 3Ds Max... Most of special effects need plugins and you need to learn them well... Such as fumefx, multiscatter... Learning plugins need time as much as 3Ds Max itself...3Ds Max and Maya are same company products... "Autodesk"Maybe if you kindly ask them, you will get a comparison chance... :)

-reply by Sinan

Don't forget about Blender and LightwaveThey are both greatBlender is an open source (free)Lightwave is very powerful and relatively inexpensive.

-reply by behestelah

Hello,What's The Best 3d Animation Software?It is hard to tell which one of the many software out there is the best 3D animation software. In the market you can find Maya, 3D Max, Blender, Houdini, Cinema 4D and a few others that can create incredible and breath taking animations and visuals. It really depends what your specialty in the 3D world is. If you are a texturer or rigger, either one of these software works great, but then lets talk about modeling, animation and dynamics. Hollywood and most of the film VFX studios work with Maya. The reason why Maya is widely used in film is because the animation tools for characters and dynamics are very well developed. I can even say that it has the most developed animation tools in the market.3D Max is widely used in game disign and architectural prototyping. It also has a very advance animation tools. My favorite part about 3D Max is its plug-ins. 3ds Max is the most common 3D software in the market because these plug-ins make a 3D artist's life much easier. On the other hand, Maya has very good and powerfull plug-ins too, but you still need to know the deep core of 3D creation. I personally use both Maya and 3D Max. It really depeds what I need to acomplish, the software I use to create it.Houdini is widely used in the film and game industry for its dynamics. Cinema 4D and Blender are use mostly on television for broadcast.Something that you need to know is that any one of these softwares can achieve incredible results. It is really up to your knowledge in the software and your skills as an artist.BonusIf you are interrested on the film inductry you need to know the following software.Syntheyes or PFtrack or 3D equalizerNuke or Flame or After EffectRenderMan or Vray or MentalRay