xisto Community
arunkumarhg

Photoshop Vs Paintshoppro Which Appliction do you use

Photoshop OR PaintShopPro  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Photoshop is FAR better than any other image editing software. I've used Photoshop Creative Suite for several years and have never found a better way to make/edit pictures. Some of the renders in CS make the creation of various textures very easy on the unexperienced editor. Photoshop, like a good game, is easy to get the hang of, but difficult to master.I enjoy using Photoshop to make signatures for online forums as well as art for school and local exhibitions. I've only used it for a few years with no instruction, and already have a decent command of the program.I suggest Photoshop CS 2 for anyone looking for an imaging program.

i always use photoshop is the best used by the pro designer and because it have more powerful tools than paintshop pro.then the paintshop is just like a copy of photoshop without some tools and with a lot of erreurs , i used tu use paintshop it in the past until i discovered the photoshop,photoshop is the faster and perfect at the same time .

Edited by aminzzlink (see edit history)

Out of the two choices, I would have to say Adobe Photoshop CS2 is the better program. It is more robust and has more features, but learning it can be a challenge, or at least for me. I am the most familiar with the Macromedia Fireworks application and find that it suites my needs just fine. However, I believe all three of these programs allow the use of filter plugins which can add to the flexibility. In the end, this is just a question of preference and mine is Macromedia Fireworks (though I'm trying to learn Photoshop CS2).

I'm not sure if I already replied to this topic... but yeah... I think Photoshop kicks PSP's @$$. More filters, extensions, customization, and I think it's easier to use.

from the list I only used Photoshop and quite liked it, it can do "wonders", but the other software in my opinion can do most of the things you need too, i never was into graphics, but for some time now am using Gimp, reading tutorials and creating stuff to get some knowledge and I really like Gimp now, it does all what I need and i can write/edit/download scripts for it.

I have to agree, photoshop is better... For its support in the community and its complicated features that psp could not provide...Now obviously if you dont have money and you want some decent software to edit your photo and artworks, psp is the one for you. But if you are a web designer or art professional photoshop is the best... Especially with all the action/filters/plugin support from different individuals and companies, its hard to not choose photoshop... Chin chin...

C'mon everyone. I have only seen one post mentioning Gimp and no posts mentioning GIMPshop. I have to agree that PS CS2 is an awesome program that can do WAY more things than PSP. But what we have to realize is that most of us are not paying for it. Which is dangerous and stupid. GIMPshop is somewhere in between, PS and PSP, erring on the Photoshop side. If you are familiar with the Photoshop interface then GIMPshop eases your transition and helps you learn about the other, extra powerful features of GIMP itself because they look like "new" features to the Photoshop interface.I admit that you can't do everything in GIMPshop that you can do in PS and there are several convenient bridges between Adobe programs that make everything worlds easier. But how can you go wrong with a program that is well supported by the OS community, as powerful as you need it to be, and truly, deeply, madly, FREE.-PatchCR

yeah that's true. but i tried gimp. it was a bit unfamiliar, i admit, but it was just... not the quality i need. for the average person, it's great. but if you want to really work on high end stuff, Photoshop CS2 is unmatched. same as with openoffice, the only way i would use gimp as my main editor would be in a linux environment.

Ive just come into using Photoshop about 6 months ago and am just getting used to it. I think its an amazing program and is helpful in all sorts of aspects that i do on a day to day basis.I havent really tried any other software in this genre before so i cant really put it up against anything other than MS paint!