xisto Community
arunkumarhg

Photoshop Vs Paintshoppro Which Appliction do you use

Photoshop OR PaintShopPro  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I started on photoshop and had been working with it for about 2 years before I found out PSP existed...I tryed using PSP but it was kind of like the times I've tryed using mac's, I was confused and never really gave it a proper chance...I started on photoshop 5.0 in high school, now I use CS.

i started off with coreldraw + paint shop pro,well... but that was because i was kinda lazy to learn to get use to the slightly more complex interface of photoshop.forced to use photoshop recently because it was the only software avail in school, i am kinda beginning to feel that it is much more versatile and powerful. i guess many people might be stuck with PSP cos it is kinda easier to learn.all said, PSP is a great learning platform for those new to photo/paint graphics....but nothing really comes close to replacing photoshop.

I like psp better then photoshop because with psp i can find everything i need w/ a click and dont have to click and hunt and pray that i am getting what i am looking for.. also colorizeing is much easyer in psp then in photoshop.. Lets talk about tubes.. where are the tubes or fancy brushes in photoshop... ? I havnt found them.. But I can say one good thing that i could have said about photoshop.. I can make things bigger and smaller.. But w/ psp8 you can do that now so I think PSP ROCKS :)

Hm.. every time I've seen any good photo montages they were made with photoshop, however after using paint shop pro for a while it was a bit difficult to me to get used to photoshop... I still don't understand how it works :) So for know I'm with PSP. :)

i personaly use photoshop... never tried paintshop pro... i started with corel photopaint about 5 years ago.. but only got really interested it about 3 years agothen made the switch to photoshop...great to see theres so many other users here :)

I use both alot, I use PSP for quick little editings and stuff, and for more intense graphics I use photoshop. PSP has simpler controls for basic stuff but photoshop has an insane more amount of **** you can do once you get used to HOW to do it all. Takes more learning but has more power. Which is why I use both based on how much ocmplexity there is to the work I want to do.Also...PSP has been able to resize images since as far back as I remember, which is like PSP5 or so... just so ya know :)But yea, both have their strengths/weaknesses, I suggest trying both and using whichever you feel more comfortable with. :)

From what I `ve experienced Photoshop has by far the more strenght,

but PSP has indeed simpler controls.

It depends on how much time you want to put in to learning HOW tu use

the programme and how much time u want to spend making a project.

If you don`t like spending HOURS learning techniques and searching for

tools the I guess PSP is your tool but if you want amazing graphics you`ll

have to go with Photoshop.One little advice , try learning Photoshop

by taking as many >>>"Tutorials"<<< as you can and learn from them.I found this method

to be less stressing finding tools effects options etc,

I used to be a diehard PSP fan until a friend of mine gave me a copy of Photoshop...7, I believe. Well, for the most part, I was hooked, though I did miss the easy ability to make borders from PSP and the tubes that someone had mentioned earlier. But, I think it's made up for in all the effects you can do, as well as the optimizing thing they have now with CS. It makes life so much easier, plus the graphics I upload end up downloading so much faster when they're smaller in KB.

I always use Photoshop for serious photo editing. When I use Paint Shop Pro, it's usually for the different tubes and other user-friendly options. I would consider PSP to be a much less serious, but more fun program, good for when you are just messing around. Every once and a while I make something worth keeping on PSP. However, I think the Photoshop filters totally destroy the ones in Paint Shop Pro.

i use PSP but only becasue i have always donePS is industry standard and i must learn to use itits really as simple as that until gimp gets really good - then it may be a totally different kettle of fish

Paintshop Is very easy to learn ... As it have Limited features.. And alos its very easy to handle and user friendly..! Photoshop is Well a very professional tool for high end people..! Once u get to know its features and function ...u will get hooked to it sure..!

Technically I use both, but i voted Photoshop just because i use it a lot more than PSPro... I usually just use PSP if there is something specific i need it for... which isnt that often... 99% of the time i use photoshop and i love it.. im always learning new stuff and to me its just a lot easier to use and there is more i can do with it.