xisto Community
haseeb1405241472

Download Manager

Are download managers even that big of a deal? I used to use one a long time ago called GetRight, and before then I was introduced to them by RealDownload (bundled with RealPlayer from RealNetworks). Internet Explorer didn't have a download manager back then, but it wasn't that big of a deal. Firefox's download manager does the job, same with the one in IE9, Chrome and Opera.As for assisting me with downloading multiple items (bunch of links, etc), I do use the DownThemAll extension for Firefox from time to time, but I haven't used it in a few months now.

I used to use download accelerators when my Internet connection and ISP was much worse, but now with such speeds and that I don't have a bandwidth limit, I don't really care if it will download in a minute or in a hour.Usually those download accelerators when download take a lot of resources and downloads the file faster, but makes your PC slower, at least from my experience, but of course you can tweak the settings that it would work like you want it to work for you.Here is a good list of download accelerators which doesn't have spyware and most of them are free:http://filehippo.com/software/file_transfer/download_managers/

i use FDM(free download manager), as its name shows that it is free of cost. It also have software informer that regularly check for softwares that are installed on our system. Its latest version have nice user interface. Like IDM it can able download videos from different video services like youtube etc. Even we can grab a whole page and can download in batch i.e. can dwonload more than file by using wildcard.

I am using downthemall extension for firefox and it is working fine for me. I am not using any other software system-wide for download. Most of my downloads are firefox dependent and i am fine with them. I have for long time not downloaded any service pack or anything above 300mb from the download manager. I now only use torrent for such huge files and in case of linux most of the stuff is taken care of by synaptic or adept so there is no need for the system wide download manager. As for windows I have not upgraded the system with updates from windows system updates and hotfix for quite some time. I don't think my old system is going to stand for more than 1 year so there is no point for collecting the system updates for the XP anymore and if needed there are some windows xp update packs available from third party sites which we can download.That aside, I am in search of download manager for chrome. I am using Ironbrowser on windows and linux and I need download manager to preserve the downloads. I wash the settings for browser after loging out and for the same reason I need the download manager like downthemall. Is there any download manager like that on chrome or Ironbrowser? If you know then let me know as I need that badly for some stuff which is big and it takes some time for chrome to manage.

I used to use download accelerators when my Internet connection and ISP was much worse, but now with such speeds and that I don't have a bandwidth limit, I don't really care if it will download in a minute or in a hour....

you're lucky... where i am, we had a local telecom broadband service that offered unlimited caps but after a few months they stopped it because the network infrastructure couldn't cope with traffic lol...