xisto Community
haseeb1405241472

Download Manager

i'm using FlashGet + FlashGot plugin for my firefox for bigger files, like videos.for smaller files i prefer Download manager from firefoxi also tried a Download Accelerator, but i got some problems with it, so few years ago I installed FlashGet.

I think best download accelerators are Prozilla (comand line utillity) with Prozgui (Gui for it) - it is clean, fast and gives all needed function... just some strange interface, but it is not about that, it just have to download :)

Personally i use IDM (short for Internet Download MAnager) it has multiple functions as Download resume , Download que, download schedueler, 200% accelerator .. and a few other functions ... and !! it has no spyware .. SInce I started using it i had no problems though i still haven't managed to integrate into firefox mozilla... dunno why ..just a funcky error.. So i strongly recomend IDM !!Use it

FlashGet is the best to me. Not very annoying like Download Accelerator Plus or any of others. Its interface is so nice, simple and easy to use.Another good thing is that it supports downloading streaming file like streaming music (especially Real Audio), videos...

I used Download Accelerato Plus before. But know I use FlashGet, becouse Spybot S&D detects DAP as adware. And it may be true, becouse sometimes I was getting pop-ups even when not surfing internet. With FlashGet everything is ok. Download speed I think is same.

Yes flashget is the best one, I use it too, the biggest advantage is that flashget have site explorer, you can connect to ftp and download it with flashget or just suspend it and finished download next day.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ FlashGet 1.60a

I want also to recommend the internet download manager IDM. I dont know but it is the only download manager that i got upto 5 times faster downloading. Besides that it also has a easy interface to use.So i think the best choice is to be IDM. Now you should go and get it :P

Hey guys which download manger do you use.I use download accelator plus it is fast and too simple to use.I like kazaa but it use internet speed because iam using lan its not good for me.So which download manager do you use. :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I use the same as you. Seems to do me just fine. Kazaa is over rated and has alot of spyware it seems.

Do ou have Broadband or Dialup?If you have dial-up then i think its a good idea to try the download accelerator. But if you have broadband then its a waist if time and drive space. I know from experience and testing that all download accelerators do is for the most part put addware onto your computer and do really no difference because you have a high speed connection allready. But with dialup i think that i would giv eyou mpore opportunity to to download at a little faster rate. This is just my opinion. I would love to hear what other say about it.ThanksCHris

I have been using Internet Download Manager (IDM) and Download Accelerator Plus (DAP).The good thing about IDM is that it allows you to download anything (except torrent). By anything I mean that even beginners can use it to download youtube videos and files and stuff like that. It displays a button on the top or bottom of every downloadable stuff, so you have to just click that button. In addition i found it super stable. The resume capability is awesome. I rely on this feature alot because here in Pakistan there are lots of power failures and load shedding. I also noted that it's download speed is faster than other download managers on the same connection. Plus its integration with different browsers is great. The interface might not be the best in the business but it is good.One additional feature I like about the IDM is the site grabber. It allows you to download the full website so that you can take it offline and do with it whatever you want to do. This is really a useful feature for me because I enjoy stuff like that.Download Accelerator Plus (DAP) is another great download manager. Though I have only used the free version, which has the annoying advertisement on it, but except that it was good. It wasn't as good as the IDM in terms of speed, stability and resume capability, but it was okay.One thing I found very troublesome with DAP was downloading youtube videos. You have to manually add the url of the video to download it. If there is any simpler way, I don't know about it. So overall, DAP is a good manager but it has some issues. On the other hand I prefer IDM on it big time.I have heard a lot of people talking about the Flash get. I remember one blog mentioning that it is the fastest download manager (which I think is a lie) but because I haven't tested it, I can't say anything for sure. My PC is kind of too slow and won't allow me to install too much software, but when I get this problem solved (maybe by getting a new PC) I will definitely try this one.

I use Firefoxe's, but otherwise I wouldn't use one, since they can sometimes truncate files and such. I guess they're probably getting better now though, don't know.

I won't recommend firefox's default download manager to anyone. Especially if you download stuff often than not.The biggest issue with this manager is that there is no resume capability (at least for most of the links). I remember firefox's download manager being able to resume my download only once (out of hundreds of files which broke (over different periods of time) because of power failures). So if you expect power failures or if you are on a slow connection and expect the download to complete in many hours, don't use it. Its just a waste of time. If your computer is switched off, and you reopen the dwonload manager, you will see that it shows a broken message to you. When you try to resume it, it will start the download from scratch.

So always use another download manager with a good resume capability with firefox.

I have been using Internet Download Manager (IDM) and Download Accelerator Plus (DAP).
The good thing about IDM is that it allows you to download anything (except torrent). By anything I mean that even beginners can use it to download youtube videos and files and stuff like that. It displays a button on the top or bottom of every downloadable stuff, so you have to just click that button. In addition i found it super stable. The resume capability is awesome. I rely on this feature alot because here in Pakistan there are lots of power failures and load shedding. I also noted that it's download speed is faster than other download managers on the same connection. Plus its integration with different browsers is great. The interface might not be the best in the business but it is good.

One additional feature I like about the IDM is the site grabber. It allows you to download the full website so that you can take it offline and do with it whatever you want to do. This is really a useful feature for me because I enjoy stuff like that.

Download Accelerator Plus (DAP) is another great download manager. Though I have only used the free version, which has the annoying advertisement on it, but except that it was good. It wasn't as good as the IDM in terms of speed, stability and resume capability, but it was okay.

One thing I found very troublesome with DAP was downloading youtube videos. You have to manually add the url of the video to download it. If there is any simpler way, I don't know about it.

So overall, DAP is a good manager but it has some issues. On the other hand I prefer IDM on it big time.

I have heard a lot of people talking about the Flash get. I remember one blog mentioning that it is the fastest download manager (which I think is a lie) but because I haven't tested it, I can't say anything for sure. My PC is kind of too slow and won't allow me to install too much software, but when I get this problem solved (maybe by getting a new PC) I will definitely try this one.

thanks... was looking for a decent simple download manager because every now and then i'll be download an image file (especially OS files - Linux) and i don't like to use torrent clients because it freezes my modem on load...